Why is it a big deal Bedlam is ending?

While not super competitive, you have a lot of divided households and neighborhoods in Oklahoma.

I don’t think it’s a huge loss personally
I was shocked when it posted the overall record. You see when they are going to play -- It is always Bedlam this, Bedlam that. Seems ending the series is saving Okie State from a public drubbing each year.

OSU's trophy case is filled up to the brim with 91 Runner-Up trophys

Even the most lopsided rivalries I'll miss seeing. Besides, some of the more entertaining games I've watched involved both teams.

I was shocked when it posted the overall record. You see when they are going to play -- It is always Bedlam this, Bedlam that. Seems ending the series is saving Okie State from a public drubbing each year.
Did you see the ticket prices this week though? Lowest is 350 up to 5k i think the article said

It's a catch 22 for Okie. They always lose but it's also the biggest game for them each year and I am sure is financially better to play it than not.

Over 100 years of playing each other and it all suddenly stops.

It's an in-state series and it's far more entertaining than Oklahoma/Arkansas and Oklahoma State/Arizona State

Did you see the ticket prices this week though? Lowest is 350 up to 5k i think the article said

It's a catch 22 for Okie. They always lose but it's also the biggest game for them each year and I am sure is financially better to play it than not.

Over 100 years of playing each other and it all suddenly stops.
Very true. I saw the ticket prices. The tradition of playing the game, I understand. I'm guessing tickets are so pricey this time because it is the last one that will be played. I cannot fathom prices would look like that in normal years, as the series is so lopsided.

Even the most lopsided rivalries I'll miss seeing. Besides, some of the more entertaining games I've watched involved both teams.
Used to love watching the old games from the 70's when ESPN Classic was a thing

I hate to see in state rivalry games come to an end but, it IS true that this one is pretty lopsided.

Gundy and co. enjoy saying "they ended it" and acting like it's no skin off of their teeth but you know dang well Okie State people are crushed knowing that they got left behind. Sooo many of the Okie State people just "KNEW" that OU wouldn't be leaving for another conference without them cause "they were a package" deal ect.
They must not have been paying attention when Texas people were saying the same thing when A&M left them standing with their mouths open when the SEC invited them and not the Longhorns..

I would think that they might renew this rivalry game sometime down the line but they may well not because neither side has a ton to gain from playing it as it just makes it a little harder to make a playoff appearance so.. this really might be all for this one... in the regular season anyway.

Who cares if it's lopsided? There is clear animosity which makes it entertaining from an outsiders perspective. Alot of these games have been great this century. I'll miss this game, just like I miss all the other rivalries that have been taken from is.

There is nothing like driving down the Interstate in Oklahoma and seeing signs marked that say I-35 OSU-7. If you ever had to live around some of those mouth breathers you'd know why there's a butt load of hate between them and OU fans.

Just another tradition lost.

No big whoop.

My eyes were opened after we lost our annual game with Neb. I knew then that there is no bridge too far.

The quest for maximized profit in AMATEUR ATHLETICS doesn’t care about your history or tradition.

Fuck your memories and feelings.
Fuck the pure things that bring us some joy in this shitty world.
Why can’t you think of the shareholders needs for once and always forever more?
Pay up suckers.