Series Thread Wild Card Round

Helsley got 2 outs in the 8th, 5 out save was asking a bit much. Guy sprained a finger on his pitching hand just Wednesday.
Quintana at 75 could have pitched longer
Hicks only threw 12
Gallegos 19
Should have said he jammed his finger Tuesday, not Wednesday.

I said it when it happened….Spending $43M on a 37 year old who didn’t pitch in the Dodgers biggest game last year because of a dead arm and who your biggest competitor owns in big games was a stupid as fuck idea
meh, he's worked out pretty well for the Mets. Sub 2.30 ERA, a WHIP below 1 and 5.3 bWAR. Good deal considering it is only for two years. He sucked last night, no doubt but this Mets team really wasn't built for post-season success.

It sounds stupid to blame the offense when your starting pitcher gives up seven runs, but their lineup needs way more firepower. They have been able to small ball bad teams to death all season long, but when the pressure was on in Atlanta they folded. Think we all knew last night's game was over when the Mets went down 3-0.

Helsley got 2 outs in the 8th, 5 out save was asking a bit much. Guy sprained a finger on his pitching hand just Wednesday.
Quintana at 75 could have pitched longer
Hicks only threw 12
Gallegos 19

I understand your argument and it is not without some merit. But let's break it down a little more. If Quintana stays in he faces Hoskins and Realmuto for the third time. Both hit LHPs quite well (Hoskins especially). And another thing to consider is that in a tie game like that with the meat of the order coming up, even if you let Quintana continue and pitch to Hoskins you are probably pulling him if he puts someone on base anyway (especially since extra batters would push up his pitch count too). So it's still somewhat possible/probable that Hicks enters the game in the 6th inning even if Quintana faces Hoskins. I'm OK with the decisions that were made but there's always plenty to question,

I know it's not real life but I bet you that if you leave Quintana in to face Hoskins in the 6th using sim software Hoskins hits it 475 feet :laugh: :noidea:

2 things baseball needs to ditch.

-Matte helmets
-Logos on helmets being 3D.

Bases loaded, no outs, and the tribe come away with no runs

No Manfred ball in the postseason. Thank God

Wow, didn't expect the Cleveland - Tampa game to end like the Sopranos.

1st playoff game ever to reach 14th inning scoreless

Wow. B2B years the Rays have been eliminated by a Walk Off. Brutal

celebrate major league GIF by Morgan Creek

is anyone watching the Blue Jays/Mariners game

Toronto has blown an 8-1 lead

Reactions: Fog

No. Not watching any games because….opportunity to (fuck you MLB).

However I just watched the tying run. Did Springer and or Bichette have to come out?

No. Not watching any games because….opportunity to (fuck you MLB).

However I just watched the tying run. Did Springer and or Bichette have to come out?
Springer did

Mariners just took the lead

what a collapse by Toronto

tied for the biggest lead blown in a postseason game (2008 Red Sox-Rays, ALCS Game 5)