Series Thread Wild Card Round

97 to the middle of the back to the hitter that has done the most damage this series and just made a great play to kill a potential rally.

Yeah, that’s on purpose and the Padres can’t retaliate with so much on the line
Yep shitty franchise playing dirty

First playoff series in 20 years. Clinch at least one home playoff game for the first time in 20 years. It’s a pretty big deal for them. Let them celebrate. The act like you’ve been there before crowd needs go away
Said

also, mets some bitches.

Pussy Mets…. Losing so thinks Musgrove cheating

Showalter gonna ask for a full cavity search next inning

Can’t hit the pitcher, they do a strip search of the pitcher on the mound, they don’t find anything. All after intentionally hitting the Padres hottest hitter.

Complete chickenshit. Showalter is a joke

Padres need to get a few more runs and then bean Alonso in the ear hole. Buck has to learn somehow

First playoff series in 20 years. Clinch at least one home playoff game for the first time in 20 years. It’s a pretty big deal for them. Let them celebrate. The act like you’ve been there before crowd needs go away
also, i forgot to add, not only for the home city playoff drought, but the phillies had Jean Segura and JT Realmuto who may have been the longest current MLB players to have never made the playoffs. Obviously for anyone in the phillies organization it's their first time in them, add in Wheeler, etc... you're going to have a day off or two, enjoy your ride as much as you can, otherwise, what's the point?

also, i forgot to add, not only for the home city playoff drought, but the phillies had Jean Segura and JT Realmuto who may have been the longest current MLB players to have never made the playoffs. Obviously for anyone in the phillies organization it's their first time in them, add in Wheeler, etc... you're going to have a day off or two, enjoy your ride as much as you can, otherwise, what's the point?
Agreed 100%

Nothing is ever guaranteed in baseball either. That window might not be open as long as people think. Look at the White Sox this year. Celebrate while you can.

Also a WS ring is always the ultimate goal, but not winning it all doesn’t mean the season was a bad one. Advancing in the playoffs is an accomplishment and hard to do

Agreed 100%

Nothing is ever guaranteed in baseball either. That window might not be open as long as people think. Look at the White Sox this year. Celebrate while you can.

Also a WS ring is always the ultimate goal, but not winning it all doesn’t mean the season was a bad one. Advancing in the playoffs is an accomplishment and hard to do
with the new format, do you have any concerns of rust from being off for so long from the hitters (and by hitters I don't mean Ozuna)?

That was a swing. 2 missed calls in 1st AB in 7th in favor of Mets

with the new format, do you have any concerns of rust from being off for so long from the hitters (and by hitters I don't mean Ozuna)?
There’s always concerns. I trust they’re gonna come in prepared though, and you can’t use that as an excuse.

Strider’s status is my top concern. We need him. He’s had the Phillies number this year

Can’t hit the pitcher, they do a strip search of the pitcher on the mound, they don’t find anything. All after intentionally hitting the Padres hottest hitter.

Complete chickenshit. Showalter is a joke
Probably thinks he's getting back at the Padres for all the times they called time when Bassitt was pitching.

There’s always concerns. I trust they’re gonna come in prepared though, and you can’t use that as an excuse.

Strider’s status is my top concern. We need him. He’s had the Phillies number this year
Yes. He has had our number and then some. News seems positive on him returning so far….so….shit.

Soto 2 RBI double

6-0 Padres

that should do it