Will science explain everything?

Thats the part I think is odd about the thinking that there is no way this could have happened by coincidence. My step dad will say that shit all the time about a strange event, and claim, "You cant tell me there is no God. That cant be a coincidence!" Like, why the fuck not. There are billions of people on the planet right now, constantly doing shit, and crazy shit just happens. That is just talking about this planet, and people specifically.
Who can wrap their mind around the constant on goings of the universe, not only now as we think we know it, but for billions of years before us. It is baffling to me that we think we are so fucking important that there HAD to be a divine creator. It is the most pompous thing people believe in my opinion. It is mostly due to us thinking we are so fucking important, when if you look out there, we are so insignificant to the big picture.
so many things in this post I could agree with & disagree with. If I responded I feel we would get side tracked into one area so I just leave it at that.
As my opinion. I dont think anything we are talking about is facts.
This discussion really would be a long one (but interesting) & I feel would only work in talking vs. responding back & forth in a thread.
So I leave you the floor. :beer2:

so many things in this post I could agree with & disagree with. If I responded I feel we would get side tracked into one area so I just leave it at that.
This discussion really would be a long one (but interesting) & I feel would only work in talking vs. responding back & forth in a thread.
Will there be whiskey involved?

The only thing I know for sure, I don't know shit. I was directing my comment generally to a portion of people who hold their beliefs to be fact. Those that proclaim to absolutely know what they believe to be true.

Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want, but I dont want to hear from those that have nothing to offer by way of having an actual discussion. I have family that try to get me into conversations about religion, only to get mad at me when I give them honest answers. They cant handle it, and I dont give a fuck. I have told them many times that if they dont want to get angry at me about what I believe, then stop fucking asking about it.

An aunt of mine actually said to me, "well maybe now we can get you to go church." after my daughter was killed. As if I was being punished. To which I told her if she believed her god was punishing me, then he, and her, can go fuck themselves, and if that is what her god deems as a suitable punishment for having free thought, then I guess I'd rather burn in hell than bow down to that piece of shit. We dont talk anymore.

I have never tried to make anyone feel bad about their beliefs, as long as they arent trying to impose them on me.

Will there be whiskey involved?
some of the best conversations I have had on subjects like these have been in a bar. As long as the two people having the discussion are actually listening to each other. They can be great conversations.
*bartender can we get another round*

The only thing I know for sure, I don't know shit. I was directing my comment generally to a portion of people who hold their beliefs to be fact. Those that proclaim to absolutely know what they believe to be true.

Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want, but I dont want to hear from those that have nothing to offer by way of having an actual discussion. I have family that try to get me into conversations about religion, only to get mad at me when I give them honest answers. They cant handle it, and I dont give a fuck. I have told them many times that if they dont want to get angry at me about what I believe, then stop fucking asking about it.

An aunt of mine actually said to me, "well maybe now we can get you to go church." after my daughter was killed. As if I was being punished. To which I told her if she believed her god was punishing me, then he, and her, can go fuck themselves, and if that is what her god deems as a suitable punishment for having free thought, then I guess I'd rather burn in hell than bow down to that piece of shit. We dont talk anymore.

I have never tried to make anyone feel bad about their beliefs, as long as they arent trying to impose them on me.
1st off My Condolences!

As far as religion. I dont believe in any of it. So I get what you are saying there. I am told all the time I am going to hell for what "I dont believe in" not for antyhing I have done.
I personally dont mind debating religion. It contradicts itself so much. It only ends up with them being frustrated. Except the few that dont go into their "I absolutely know" phase. Which those are actually few. Most of them feel like they are religious therefore better than me. Which I do love pointing out. I dont think that is what your book says!

1st off My Condolences!

As far as religion. I dont believe in any of it. So I get what you are saying there. I am told all the time I am going to hell for what "I dont believe in" not for antyhing I have done.
I personally dont mind debating religion. It contradicts itself so much. It only ends up with them being frustrated. Except the few that dont go into their "I absolutely know" phase. Which those are actually few. Most of them feel like they are religious therefore better than me. Which I do love pointing out. I dont think that is what your book says!
Thats just low hanging fruit. My favorite.

(1) The only thing I know for sure, I don't know shit. I was directing my comment generally to a portion of people who hold their beliefs to be fact. Those that proclaim to absolutely know what they believe to be true.

An aunt of mine actually said to me, "well maybe now we can get you to go church." (2) after my daughter was killed. As if I was being punished. To which I told her if she believed her god was punishing me, then he, and her, can go fuck themselves, and if that is what her god deems as a suitable punishment for having free thought, then I guess I'd rather burn in hell than bow down to that piece of shit. We dont talk anymore.

(1) I agree, I don't know shit either ... but it is fun to think about crazy shit that I absolutely can not prove. This is the basis of my beliefs ... the only fact I know is mathematics and they now tell me that's racist.

(2) I did not know, my deepest condolences. I pray every day that I pass before my children.

(1) I agree, I don't know shit either ... but it is fun to think about crazy shit that I absolutely can not prove. This is the basis of my beliefs ... the only fact I know is mathematics and they now tell me that's racist.

(2) I did not know, my deepest condolences. I pray every day that I pass before my children.
The base of religions, that dont involve the guilt and punishment, I cant totally get behind. Golden Rule and things of that nature.

I didnt say it for pity, just to make a point. Its been many years, and I have dealt with the grief. Its not something anyone should have to deal with, but I am still a very fortunate man.

(1) The base of religions, that dont involve the guilt and punishment, I cant totally get behind. Golden Rule and things of that nature.

(2) I didnt say it for pity, just to make a point. Its been many years, and I have dealt with the grief. Its not something anyone should have to deal with, but I am still a very fortunate man.

(1) I couldn't agree more. I don't think God, would hold anyone responsible for eternity without understanding a person's brain and experiences. Which means I believe that afterlife punishment does not exist. Note: Just a belief.

(2) I didn't take it as pity, just one of those things I always worry about ... makes you think.

(1) I couldn't agree more. I don't think God, would hold anyone responsible for eternity without understanding a person's brain and experiences. Which means I believe that afterlife punishment does not exist. Note: Just a belief.

(2) I didn't take it as pity, just one of those things I always worry about ... makes you think.
(2)I still have 2 kids, and am not immune to it happening again. It terrifies me all the time.

Damn. Just reread this thread. It is possible to have decent discussions on the internet. Thank you.

In the standard Lambda-CDM model of cosmology, the total mass-energy content of the universe contains 5% ordinary matter and energy, 27% dark matter, and 68% of a form of energy known as dark energy.[6][7][8][9] Thus, dark matter constitutes 85%[a] of the total mass, while dark energy and dark matter constitute 95% of the total mass-energy content.

Science has no idea what makes up 95% of everything around us.

If science was a President, it would be Biden.

When someone can tell me why 75% of Human DNA has no purpose then maybe I will form a belief system.

When someone can tell me why 75% of Human DNA has no purpose then maybe I will form a belief system.
Those sections are just dormant until our superpowers become activated......

Those sections are just dormant until our superpowers become activated......
selena s GIF

thats easy... 75% of DNA is shared with chickens to make Aggies feel better about banging them in the dorms