Poll *WOULD*? Bama Oregon TX

Would be left out?

• Bama left out

• Oregon left out

• Texas left out

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why are they ranking Oregon above Texas?
Because they’re dumb. IMO.

But maybe they think they slightly edge them out.

That doesn’t mean CLEARLY BETTER to where you don’t take into account the EXPLICIT GUIDELINES you’ve agreed to guide you.

No. They haven’t. They just have them ranked just above.
tOSU will be in between the Ducks & Horns. Committee is not going to jump the #7 team into the final four. Sorry - good season though.

The Longhorns are one of my favorite teams, but I think Texas is the one left out.

On another note would an undefeated Liberty get in the playoffs in a 12 team playoff system? Should an undefeated Liberty be considered this year over teams that have lost a game?

The committee is EXPLICITLY guided to look at head to head. It’s the second criterion explicitly listed after ‘conf titles.’

This is why I think they would leave out Oregon.

They will want to put in Bama, and they cannot leave Texas out if they do.
This is correct. The criteria on the playoff committee’s website says the criteria is the following:
- Championships
- SOS
- Head to Head
- common opponents

If the committee follows their stated criteria, then Oregon would likely lose out.
- Championships- all have 1
-SOS- Oregon has the worst SOS by a wide margin
- Head to Head- only applicable to Bama and Texas
- Common opponent- Oregon struggled with Texas Tech and Texas blew them out

It is quite possible the committee completely ignores their stated criteria, but if they don’t Oregon would be out

Exactly. The last chance they had to move the other teams ahead of Oregon was last week's rankings.

From here on out, Oregon is only going up (barring a loss).
I get the logic behind what he's saying, it's just not how it works. Like you said, they could have easily had and kept Oregon behind both Texas and Bama, but they intentionally didn't. And now it's at a point that if they win there is absolutely no justification for either to jump them.

The head to head only matters between Texas and Alabama, it's not a rising tides lifts all boats situation (no pun intended). They'll likely look past the head to head and justify Bama over Texas because they finished with a conference championship over the #1 ranked undefeated defending champion. And (ironically), their loss is slightly better than Texas's.

The committee has already shown that they believe Oregon to be clearly beyond Texas
Committee at one point had TCU and Baylor ahead of OHio State the week before the final
Poll. Both got jumped. Things tend to happen the final week. Why you just have to win and pray, because the committee has shown they will throw curve balls

It would seem that people are extremely confident that a 1 loss two time defending champ would not be in the mix. I’m not going there.
This is very much possible. UGA loses on a last second FG or in OT, they could get the 4th seed.
The committee is EXPLICITLY guided to look at head to head. It’s the second criterion explicitly listed after ‘conf titles.’

This is why I think they would leave out Oregon.

They will want to put in Bama, and they cannot leave Texas out if they do.
Oregon wins their CCG, they are in. Period. They will have just beaten the #3 ranked CFP team. Texas will have beaten a 3 loss scrape heap. Oregon is already ranked higher than Texas and with Ore. just beating the #3 team, they are staying ahead of Texas. It doesn't make a flying fuck what they explicitly guided to look at. As much as you want to think the guide lines are carved in stone, at this time of the season, things are very fluid. Texas needs Georgia to win and Fla. St. to lose.

I get the logic behind what he's saying, it's just not how it works. Like you said, they could have easily had and kept Oregon behind both Texas and Bama, but they intentionally didn't. And now it's at a point that if they win there is absolutely no justification for either to jump them.

The head to head only matters between Texas and Alabama, it's not a rising tides lifts all boats situation (no pun intended). They'll likely look past the head to head and justify Bama over Texas because they finished with a conference championship over the #1 ranked undefeated defending champion. And (ironically), their loss is slightly better than Texas's.
This is not true.. Bama winning the SEC, definitely helps the Texas resume. It would give Texas far and away the best resume. It’s like you guys think everything is static.

This is very much possible. UGA loses on a last second FG or in OT, they could get the 4th seed.

Oregon wins their CCG, they are in. Period. They will have just beaten the #3 ranked CFP team. Texas will have beaten a 3 loss scrape heap. Oregon is already ranked higher than Texas and with Ore. just beating the #3 team, they are staying ahead of Texas. It doesn't make a flying fuck what they explicitly guided to look at. As much as you want to think the guide lines are carved in stone, at this time of the season, things are very fluid. Texas needs Georgia to win and Fla. St. to lose.
You miss one thing. There is a CFP Ranking coming out Tuesday.
The Committee has THAT chance to move Texas above Oregon now that they have a common opponent.
So, your entire argument is bunk until Tuesday night.
After that, I’ll actually be forced to agree with you concerning the matter of “common opponent” being a deciding factor.

This post makes no sense. Things are set in stone, but they are very fluid. Both can not be true

Michigan needs to win (NOT GUARENTEED) next week and there is no argument for us.

This is not true.. Bama winning the SEC, definitely helps the Texas resume. It would give Texas far and away the best resume. It’s like you guys think everything is static.
It's not static. But the criteria isn't new. It's not an "only to be used for the final rankings" thing. All of what you said is true and they have intentionally kept Oregon in front of both teams. Bama beating the #1 team isn't some magic bullet justification for both them AND Texas to jump Oregon if they beat the likely #3 team at the same time.

Michigan needs to win (NOT GUARENTEED) next week and there is no argument for us.
That would be interesting. I am not sure how that would play out. That one reason that, while arguing is fun, it is kind of a waste of time until the games are finished

Ummmmm okaaayyyy.

Sucks are big UGA fans this week.
If Bama wins, Not only will Texas have a win over a one-loss p5 champ, you KNOW the committee will want to put Bama in, and no way they can leave out the team which beat them in that scenario.

They’ll do whatever mental gymnastics they need to keep Oregon out.

It's not static. But the criteria isn't new. It's not an "only to be used for the final rankings" thing. All of what you said is true and they have intentionally kept Oregon in front of both teams. Bama beating the #1 team isn't some magic bullet justification for both them AND Texas to jump Oregon if they beat the likely #3 team at the same time.
Do you think it’s intentional or lazy? Human beings don’t like to make changes, until necessary. I did not say it was a magic bullet, I simply said it strengthens the Texas argument. It would be really hard for the committee to pass over Texas to put Bama in the playoffs. It would also be really hard to leave the SEC out of the playoffs. Now the committee has a serious issue.

That would be interesting. I am not sure how that would play out. That one reason that, while arguing is fun, it is kind of a waste of time until the games are finished
Iowa has a great defense and one of our top Offensive Linemen is out. The game could also be viewed as anticlimactic. That is a recipe for an upset. It is easy to talk about Alabama, Oregon and Texas, but does Georgia stand a chance if they lose a close game?