Poll *WOULD*? Bama Oregon TX

Would be left out?

• Bama left out

• Oregon left out

• Texas left out

Results are only viewable after voting.
Iowa has a great defense and one of our top Offensive Linemen is out. The game could also be viewed as anticlimactic. That is a recipe for an upset. It is easy to talk about Alabama, Oregon and Texas, but does Georgia stand a chance if they lose a close game?
If you lose to Iowa, you should be forced to drop from division 1.

Oh shit. Wait a second…

Never mind.

Do you think it’s intentional or lazy? Human beings don’t like to make changes, until necessary. I did not say it was a magic bullet, I simply said it strengthens the Texas argument. It would be really hard for the committee to pass over Texas to put Bama in the playoffs. It would also be really hard to leave the SEC out of the playoffs. Now the committee has a serious issue.
I think very poorly of this year's committee, so I wouldn't put anything past them. But if the answer is laziness, it's a new depth I hadn't even considered. Like you said, the rankings are supposed to be fluid, they've had several opportunities to change it, and now it's at the point where correcting it can't really be justified.

For the record, I've commented several times on how weird it is that the committee has seemed to think the lowest of UW among the undefeated teams, but Oregon the highest of the 1 loss teams (considering their quality loss to UW was all they really had beyond blowing out teams who weren't, or ended up unranked). As I mentioned earlier, this group seems to use what if and could have been justifications more than relying on the posted criteria and results. So who knows.

Whatever the case, they've for sure got themselves in a situation where they might have to do something that's going to be really hard to justify.

What if this scenario except Washington wins? Do they take Alabama or Texas?

Iowa has a great defense and one of our top Offensive Linemen is out. The game could also be viewed as anticlimactic. That is a recipe for an upset. It is easy to talk about Alabama, Oregon and Texas, but does Georgia stand a chance if they lose a close game?
I think Championships are very important this year. That is going to be a factor. I would not be surprised to see OSU ahead of at least one of the 1 loss teams this week. I would also expect them to get leap frogged, if that team won a championship the next week

This post makes no sense. Things are set in stone, but they are very fluid. Both can not be true
Both are not true. I said he thinks they are set. Things are fluid. Why is Oregon ranked ahead of Texas now? They are not following their guide lines for this to be true.

Both are not true. I said he thinks they are set. Things are fluid. Why is Oregon ranked ahead of Texas now? They are not following their guide lines for this to be true.
The guidelines didn’t kick in until after this weekend. Do you eat paint chips?

You miss one thing. There is a CFP Ranking coming out Tuesday.
The Committee has THAT chance to move Texas above Oregon now that they have a common opponent.
So, your entire argument is bunk until Tuesday night.
After that, I’ll actually be forced to agree with you concerning the matter of “common opponent” being a deciding factor.
You are missing the point. All of this is in response to your opening poll. After the CCGs.
Anyway, Oregon just finished beating a top 20 ranked CFP team. Who did Texas beat? Texas isn't jumping Oregon in the Tuesday vote.

I think very poorly of this year's committee, so I wouldn't put anything past them. But if the answer is laziness, it's a new depth I hadn't even considered. Like you said, the rankings are supposed to be fluid, they've had several opportunities to change it, and now it's at the point where correcting it can't really be justified.

For the record, I've commented several times on how weird it is that the committee has seemed to think the lowest of UW among the undefeated teams, but Oregon the highest of the 1 loss teams (considering their quality loss to UW was all they really had beyond blowing out teams who weren't, or ended up unranked). As I mentioned earlier, this group seems to use what if and could have been justifications more than relying on the posted criteria and results. So who knows.

Whatever the case, they've for sure got themselves in a situation where they might have to do something that's going to be really hard to justify.

What if this scenario except Washington wins? Do they take Alabama or Texas?
I have pointed out the same inconsistencies with Washington and Oregon. This committee has been very strange. I think the committee takes Texas and Bama, if all 3 win out. I say that, because I don’t think they would leave the SEC out. They also don’t want to send a message that the regular season does not matter by putting Bama in over Texas. The easiest thing would be to drop Oregon out and say look at the resumes and SOS.. Plus the network would be happy with that call. Who would care about Oregon being left out? The PAC 10? Oh wait, there isn’t a PAC 10 after this year

I’m
You are missing the point. All of this is in response to your opening poll. After the CCGs.
Anyway, Oregon just finished beating a top 20 ranked CFP team. Who did Texas beat? Texas isn't jumping Oregon in the Tuesday vote.
not missing anything. You wrote something factually wrong as an argument. You got called out on it. Take your duncing and move on

Michigan needs to win (NOT GUARENTEED) next week and there is no argument for us.
True, and I’d be saying that if I was playing Iowa lol

Because they’re dumb. IMO.

But maybe they think they slightly edge them out.

That doesn’t mean CLEARLY BETTER to where you don’t take into account the EXPLICIT GUIDELINES you’ve agreed to guide you.

If they are excluding the tiebreaker guidelines you mentioned, it means they view them as CLEARLY BETTER.

Committee at one point had TCU and Baylor ahead of OHio State the week before the final
Poll. Both got jumped. Things tend to happen the final week. Why you just have to win and pray, because the committee has shown they will throw curve balls

Ohio State was a conference champ. TCU/Baylor were not.

If they are excluding the tiebreaker guidelines you mentioned, it means they view them as CLEARLY BETTER.
And if circular logic was circular then circular circular.

They view Oregon as clearly better via the EYE TEST.

And if circular logic was circular then circular circular.

You already know that they view Oregon as better than Texas via the eye test....

...as a result, the tiebreakers you mentioned don't matter

I have pointed out the same inconsistencies with Washington and Oregon. This committee has been very strange. I think the committee takes Texas and Bama, if all 3 win out. I say that, because I don’t think they would leave the SEC out. They also don’t want to send a message that the regular season does not matter by putting Bama in over Texas. The easiest thing would be to drop Oregon out and say look at the resumes and SOS.. Plus the network would be happy with that call. Who would care about Oregon being left out? The PAC 10? Oh wait, there isn’t a PAC 10 after this year
To the point of who would care, there's no Pac 12 next year, and the committee wanting to send a message, who would receive the message? There won't be this playoff format next year, they don't need to worry about sending messages like past committees. Maybe that's part of what we're seeing here. They can just do whatever they want.

You already know that they view Oregon as better than Texas via the eye test....

...as a result, the tiebreakers you mentioned don't matter
Nope. The “tie-breakers” only get excluded for CLEARLY better. The tie breaker* couldn’t kick in until after this past weekend. A higher Rankings before this weekend doesn’t imply clearly better.

QED.

Before, I called you purposefully obtuse, but you might just be plain stupid since you keep arguing this idiocy… even when it gets thrown in your face over and over.

I’m

not missing anything. You wrote something factually wrong as an argument. You got called out on it. Take your duncing and move on
I didn't get anything wrong. Just keep your line of thought and we'll see what happens if Alabama wins. And that's a great big if.

Nope. The “tie-breakers” only get excluded for CLEARLY better. The tie breaker* couldn’t kick in until after this past weekend. A higher Rankings before this weekend doesn’t imply clearly better.

QED.

Before, I called you purposefully obtuse, but you might just be plain stupid since you keep arguing this idiocy… even when it gets thrown in your face over and over.

They are already viewed as clearly better, as the other criteria besides eye test would have Texas above Oregon.

Also, gonna ask again, if this scenario happens except Oregon loses, is it Texas or Bama? Find it funny and appropriate that Bama is the given here, but all the arguments seem to rely on the head to head of Texas and Bama. Everyone just knows that Alabama isn't getting left out as an SEC champion, but do you want to argue that's not the case if there's just room for one of them?