WWE Network

Check this out, this is what I was talking about though. Triple H uses brass knuckles at the 12:25 timestamp, but look what happens.

And no, that is not a video problem, it is deliberate. I have seen it in many other videos too.

Could be a WWE/YouTube problem. You can't really find full matches on YouTube anymore once the Network kicked off.

Don't see WWE ever going back to the Attitude Era, for many reasons, but there is zero reason they can't go back to the Ruthless Aggression Era. You had some great storylines during that time frame, including HBK/HHH, Evolution, etc. But this thing they are stuck in now, is just stale. Granted, again, no fans is a huge problem, but still the storylines are all recycled stuff from back in the day, but only now more restricted and feels more fake.

They had a chance back in 2011 When CM Punk had his Summer to go in a different direction and be cool again, but they ruined that Punk storyline by October and it fell right back into this cookie cutter era.
Even the ruthless aggression era is massively anti PC with today’s standards.

And disagree, the summer of Punk ruined fans forever.

How so??? That was the last time I was truly glued to wrestling.

Yeah, I was never into Punk. I haven't been really into wrestling since.... before 2005

Punk's Summer of 2011 with his worked shoot was one of the most greatest things of the last decade.

yeah. Fans cry for the attitude era, and jt was better, they’ve been brainwashed by society and the govt to the point that they’d hate it now

yeah. Fans cry for the attitude era, and jt was better, they’ve been brainwashed by society and the govt to the point that they’d hate it now
I would personally prefer the attitude era, in terms of characters not necessarily storyline. My only thing, is fans since I got back into wrestling seem to think CM Punk is the bar instead of the exception to the rule. Bryan wouldn’t have been anything had he not had the Yes Chant.

I will still stand by the Rock’s turn at Survivor Series in 98 is the best storyline in my entire lifetime.

It was good, but it ruined wrestling. He is the exception to the rule of wrestling. Since him, Indy fans have hijacked the WWE by behaving like they are the product which has led to AEW. DB didn’t get over because of his Indy style, or body or whatever. He got over because of his Yes Chant and storylines. Casual fans aren’t ever going to tune into AEW because of the fans can actually stand up in a fight against 95% of the AEW roster. It is like if the NFL decided to fold 30 of their 32 teams an put HS teams from Texas, California, Alabama and Florida in their place.

I would personally prefer the attitude era, in terms of characters not necessarily storyline. My only thing, is fans since I got back into wrestling seem to think CM Punk is the bar instead of the exception to the rule. Bryan wouldn’t have been anything had he not had the Yes Chant.

I will still stand by the Rock’s turn at Survivor Series in 98 is the best storyline in my entire lifetime.

i want the storylines too.

I give wwe ans aew credit when they crush good stories (Adam page, Raquel Gonzalez, Roman reigns, omega to the cleaner)

I agree that the rock turn was one of the best of the decade, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. No one got over like the rock did there, on his own (Austin had Bret’s unique heel turn to propel him).

and if Becky was rip off someone (besides scsa) she should’ve done that story at mania. I forget who said it, but the wrestling saying was the best time to turn someone heel is when they’re a white hot face

It was good, but it ruined wrestling. He is the exception to the rule of wrestling. Since him, Indy fans have hijacked the WWE by behaving like they are the product which has led to AEW. DB didn’t get over because of his Indy style, or body or whatever. He got over because of his Yes Chant and storylines. Casual fans aren’t ever going to tune into AEW because of the fans can actually stand up in a fight against 95% of the AEW roster. It is like if the NFL decided to fold 30 of their 32 teams an put HS teams from Texas, California, Alabama and Florida in their place.

you could say the same for NXT. Look at their biggest “stars”. All maybe 200 lbs.

daniel Bryan is one guy in wwe I know I could destroy myself. Just like hbk or mysterio back in the day.

fans like those wimpy guys because a lot of them see themselves like them.

Last edited:
you could say the same for NXT. Look at their biggest “stars”. All maybe 200 lbs.

daniel Bryan is one guy in wwe I know I could destroy myself. Just like hbk or mysterio back in the day.

fans like those wimpy guys because a lot of them see themselves like them.
I don’t disagree but no one is ever going to pretend NXT is a legitimate brand. Just the minor leagues for WWE where they can try to make stars or hire Indy darlings.

Bryan wasn’t a big guy, but he got over with his character not his move set. The 619 wasn’t realistic but it popped the crowd. Just my opinion but you can Bryan’s and Rey’s sprinkled throughout the card but not when 15 out of 25 of your main guys.

I don’t mind the “wimpy guys”. Ellsworth was one of the more entertaining segments they have had in recent years. But he wasn’t ever in real title contention and Ellsworth was more over with casual fans than any of the Indy guys that have come in are booked. Just my opinion but the Summer of Punk, or the Yes Movement while great, were the exception to the rule. Wrestling developed from the Carnival and IMO, just like it always was for the circus, people don’t go just to see the acrobats. They go to see the whole show but the biggest draws always were (until PETA) the Lions, Tigers, Elephants etc.

I don’t disagree but no one is ever going to pretend NXT is a legitimate brand. Just the minor leagues for WWE where they can try to make stars or hire Indy darlings.

Bryan wasn’t a big guy, but he got over with his character not his move set. The 619 wasn’t realistic but it popped the crowd. Just my opinion but you can Bryan’s and Rey’s sprinkled throughout the card but not when 15 out of 25 of your main guys.

I don’t mind the “wimpy guys”. Ellsworth was one of the more entertaining segments they have had in recent years. But he wasn’t ever in real title contention and Ellsworth was more over with casual fans than any of the Indy guys that have come in are booked. Just my opinion but the Summer of Punk, or the Yes Movement while great, were the exception to the rule. Wrestling developed from the Carnival and IMO, just like it always was for the circus, people don’t go just to see the acrobats. They go to see the whole show but the biggest draws always were (until PETA) the Lions, Tigers, Elephants etc.

there are a lot of fans on places like busted open nation who think it’s a legit 3rd brand.

I hate the midgets, that’s what the cruiserweight title is for. Keep them away from the big belt unless you have a cool reason (ie demon Balor, technical wizard etc)

there was a big boom period in the 1980s, w/o any of the lewd television that defined the attitude era

the issue with wrestling today is there aren't any stars. Vince is still scarred from WCW kicking his ass for two years, so he's focused on making WWE the draw, not the talent. Also, the product hasn't evolved at all in 25 years. WWE is still using the format Eric Bischoff created for WCW Nitro in 1995.

there was a big boom period in the 1980s, w/o any of the lewd television that defined the attitude era

the issue with wrestling today is there aren't any stars. Vince is still scarred from WCW kicking his ass for two years, so he's focused on making WWE the draw, not the talent. Also, the product hasn't evolved at all in 25 years. WWE is still using the format Eric Bischoff created for WCW Nitro in 1995.
Without the same caliber of stories.

Vince is doing the same thing espn is doing.

but if you look that’s not true. Mediocre talent, but stupid hottie, Sasha banks is on baby yoda and doing a nascar event.

Charlotte and Alexa doing bit parts on Hollywood.

but yeah when edge is the biggest draw right now it’s a problem.

they really hold the men back by limiting the brutality and terrible promos most of the time.

more brutality, less women’s evolution and the ratings will climb

there are a lot of fans on places like busted open nation who think it’s a legit 3rd brand.

I hate the midgets, that’s what the cruiserweight title is for. Keep them away from the big belt unless you have a cool reason (ie demon Balor, technical wizard etc)
I don’t think someone could make an argument NXT is on par with Raw or Smackdown. A third brand sure, I can dance with that argument but it is the Walmart brand. Just my opinion. Attending WWE events was irritating because of the fans that hijacked it but my wife took me to the Takeover Portland, and just my preference (casual fan) it wasn’t my cup of tea. I don’t get the psychology of it because if you do 30 high spots then no high spots mean anything. Just to me, the NXT brand was to satisfy those fans with their own show. But since the WWE roster outside of a couple of handful of guys are smaller.

I don’t mind the smaller guys. In Punk’s title run, the title was an afterthought in the company. Bryan had to have a 3 way dance to win the title. The best way I can explain is my wife is a Total Divas/reality shows and my son loves wrestling. But it hard when my wife and son can literally say oh dad you could be a wrestler. It isn’t taking anything away from their skills because they do great things in the ring. But wrestling is always a niche audience but it just seems dumb to cater to the one minor segment of those viewers who will still pay to watch wrestling if nothing else to complain about it. If those niche type Indy guys can cut good promos and play the heal then ok I can suspend disbelief but not even my 6 year old son could take Owens vs Reigns seriously or Sami Zayn vs any non 205 live wrestlers. I don’t mind a solid match like Stone Cold vs Bret Hart but neither the core roster of WWE or AEW has those caliber of athletes that can cut the promos.

Kayfabe is dead, but there still is the ability to suspend belief like Brad Pitt being Achilles. You can’t suspend disbelief with the two men’s title matches at the Royal Rumble.

I don’t think someone could make an argument NXT is on par with Raw or Smackdown. A third brand sure, I can dance with that argument but it is the Walmart brand. Just my opinion. Attending WWE events was irritating because of the fans that hijacked it but my wife took me to the Takeover Portland, and just my preference (casual fan) it wasn’t my cup of tea. I don’t get the psychology of it because if you do 30 high spots then no high spots mean anything. Just to me, the NXT brand was to satisfy those fans with their own show. But since the WWE roster outside of a couple of handful of guys are smaller.

I don’t mind the smaller guys. In Punk’s title run, the title was an afterthought in the company. Bryan had to have a 3 way dance to win the title. The best way I can explain is my wife is a Total Divas/reality shows and my son loves wrestling. But it hard when my wife and son can literally say oh dad you could be a wrestler. It isn’t taking anything away from their skills because they do great things in the ring. But wrestling is always a niche audience but it just seems dumb to cater to the one minor segment of those viewers who will still pay to watch wrestling if nothing else to complain about it. If those niche type Indy guys can cut good promos and play the heal then ok I can suspend disbelief but not even my 6 year old son could take Owens vs Reigns seriously or Sami Zayn vs any non 205 live wrestlers. I don’t mind a solid match like Stone Cold vs Bret Hart but neither the core roster of WWE or AEW has those caliber of athletes that can cut the promos.

Kayfabe is dead, but there still is the ability to suspend belief like Brad Pitt being Achilles. You can’t suspend disbelief with the two men’s title matches at the Royal Rumble.

I’m with you.

that’s why I don’t mind stuff like the fiend or demon Balor to explain stuff. It’s no different than your Achilles reference.

but Adam Cole not losing to Keith Lee in less than a minute just loses me.

daniel Bryan beating two super heavyweight legends when he’s legit half their size, loses me.

same with mysterio.

these guys all have no business facing heavyweights. Wcw knew this and nailed it

Best heel turn as Hollywood Hogan.

The NWO eventually became dumb and wildly overdone, but that was the biggest and best heel turn ever. Idk if it can even be topped because I don't think wrestling will ever be as popular as it was back then.

I need the network because the quality of wrestling today is brutal. I watched AEW last night and it was awful. I also swear I heard JR introduce Omega as the WWE champion prior to Omega doing some odd Kindergarten classroom skit.

I need the network because the quality of wrestling today is brutal. I watched AEW last night and it was awful. I also swear I heard JR introduce Omega as the WWE champion prior to Omega doing some odd Kindergarten classroom skit.
Yeah I think I will get Peacock once it takes on the WWE network. I wonder how it will work, if you will still need the WWE network app or if everything will be done through the Peacock app.

He did. But that's JR being old. He has hiccups every now and then. Honestly they should probably take him off the broadcast and only use him for bigger shows.

But AEW is better than their showing last night if that was the first you've watched of it. It wasn't a bad episode, but it was one of their more blander offerings.