WWE Network

Didn't feel like creating a new thread for this, but who are your top 5 wrestlers?

Mine are...

Stone Cold
The Rock
Sting
Kane (original)
Goldberg

He did. But that's JR being old. He has hiccups every now and then. Honestly they should probably take him off the broadcast and only use him for bigger shows.

But AEW is better than their showing last night if that was the first you've watched of it. It wasn't a bad episode, but it was one of their more blander offerings.
I’ve tuned in only a few times. I feel like they are in an awkward phase. They have some old wrestling people working the production yet they are trying to be younger and more in style.

their big dudes (monster sized) guys seem as under utilized and fake as the big dudes on TNA. Example, the jacked dude in Tazz stable is like that Morgan Blue Print guy in TNA. By pure looks and size the guy should be unstoppable.

the rest of the roster looks like average Joe’s or guys who look like they should be working at H&M and not wrestling

Didn't feel like creating a new thread for this, but who are your top 5 wrestlers?

Mine are...

Stone Cold
The Rock
Sting
Kane (original)
Goldberg
Shawn Michaels
The Rock
Stone Cold
Triple H (greatest heel of modern times)
CM Punk

Shawn Michaels
The Rock
Stone Cold
Triple H (greatest heel of modern times)
CM Punk
Shawn Michaels was ok, probably one of the better small guys that made it believable that he could beat the bigger guys.

Triple H is probably top 10 for me and he is a great heel.

CM Punk... I never saw much of Punk, I was pretty much done with wrestling by then. But from what I have seen of him, I wasn't impressed. He could never get over on me, he was a small guy, but I never felt that he was able to make it look good like Shawn Michaels could. I never got that vibe that I could believe CM Punk could actually take the big guys down even though he did. I was more impressed with Fin Balor, but apparently he was sent back down to NXT or something, Idk... as I said, I don't follow it.

To each their own though. I know Goldberg wasn't a great wrestler and even now I will go back and watch his old stuff and constantly say 'that was pretty bad', but the story, the hype, the spear lol... it was fantastic for its time.

P.S. Best spear in wrestling, EASILY Goldberg. None of this Edge crap lol.

Shawn Michaels was ok, probably one of the better small guys that made it believable that he could beat the bigger guys.

CM Punk... I never saw much of Punk, I was pretty much done with wrestling by then. But from what I have seen of him, I wasn't impressed. He could never get over on me, he was a small guy, but I never felt that he was able to make it look good like Shawn Michaels could. I never got that vibe that I could believe CM Punk could actually take the big guys down even though he did. I was more impressed with Fin Balor, but apparently he was sent back down to NXT or something, Idk... as I said, I don't follow it.

To each their own though. I know Goldberg wasn't a great wrestler and even now I will go back and watch his old stuff and constantly say 'that was pretty bad', but the story, the hype, the spear lol... it was fantastic for its time.

I get you. I think HBK is one of the best in ring performers of all time. His ladder matches vs Razor were amazing, and he kept the drama all the way through his career. His final WM matches vs taker were also incredible and the in ring story work is unmatched.

I put CM Punk in there as for the later and somewhat current years. His time at the top was somewhat short, but I was glued in the summer of 2011 when he gave his worked shoot. Him going over Cena at Money in the Bank in Chicago was awesome. I too was basically done with wrestling at this time, but that promo and storyline brought me back for a few months then I lingered to follow Punks story.

I have no idea why Finn Balor is back down at NXT. I remember being confused seeing him on NXT again because the last I saw him he was getting a decent push on RAW.

Goldberg, regardless of what people say about him now, was a great moment in WCW. Maybe went a little too long and his loss to Nash was awful, but the dude was the hottest thing in wrestling for a long time.

I get a bunch of the older WWF/WCW matches that pop up as suggestions on my youtube account and I have been watching a lot of Kane and Undertaker vids recently. The original Kane arc and look was so good. Looking back, I can't believe they took his mask and eventually made him into some corporate thing, such a sad and pathetic move for Kane. He has gone back now from some clips I saw, but I do NOT like his look at all, its awful.

I miss the full masked Big Red Machine that would rip the steel doors off of cages.

Also sad that we never got to see Sting/Undertaker.

disagree on hbk. That was one the least believable.

long haired pretty boys suck.

Mine are...

Stone Cold
The Rock
Sting
Kane (original)
Goldberg

bret hart
Sting
The rock
Undertaker
The fiend

I get a bunch of the older WWF/WCW matches that pop up as suggestions on my youtube account and I have been watching a lot of Kane and Undertaker vids recently. The original Kane arc and look was so good. Looking back, I can't believe they took his mask and eventually made him into some corporate thing, such a sad and pathetic move for Kane. He has gone back now from some clips I saw, but I do NOT like his look at all, its awful.

I miss the full masked Big Red Machine that would rip the steel doors off of cages.

Also sad that we never got to see Sting/Undertaker.
Im with you on all that.

the only thing is what do you do with Kane when that arc is over?

I guess you could just kill the character and give Isaac yankem a new gimmick...again lol

The Fiend?

I absolutely ducking love this version of bray wyatts character.

it’s original. It’s fun. It’s creative.

and the funhouse is where the best promos go.

Im with you on all that.

the only thing is what do you do with Kane when that arc is over?

I guess you could just kill the character and give Isaac yankem a new gimmick...again lol
You slowly separate him from Taker, give him a few lines of dialogue to keep things interesting, then just rinse and repeat in moving him along with other big time superstars. If you can constantly find an angle for Taker, Big Show, etc... you can do it for Kane too and Kane was more intriguing than all of them in my opinion.

I absolutely ducking love this version of bray wyatts character.

it’s original. It’s fun. It’s creative.

and the funhouse is where the best promos go.
I googled it and see the mask that looks interesting, but I know nothing of the character. I know Wyatt was some sort of Louisiana version of some Texas Chainsaw Massacre type of oddball character... how does that lead to The Fiend?

I googled it and see the mask that looks interesting, but I know nothing of the character. I know Wyatt was some sort of Louisiana version of some Texas Chainsaw Massacre type of oddball character... how does that lead to The Fiend?

yes he was. They told this as part of the story leading up to his match with cena at mania last year.

the fiend was born out of his loss to cena at mania a few years ago (a terrible decision in its own right) and it started to consume him Internally

until the fiend became an outer manifestation of all that darkness built up within him.

bray knew who the fiend was, but they made it almost like a split personality.

it’s wild.

yes he was. They told this as part of the story leading up to his match with cena at mania last year.

the fiend was born out of his loss to cena at mania a few years ago (a terrible decision in its own right) and it started to consume him Internally

until the fiend became an outer manifestation of all that darkness built up within him.

bray knew who the fiend was, but they made it almost like a split personality.

it’s wild.
Sounds strange. Also sounds difficult to get over, but I take it from your position, it worked well?

Sounds strange. Also sounds difficult to get over, but I take it from your position, it worked well?

he was the most over guy in the entire company. Top selling merch guy.

won wrestler of the year in 2019 after only wrestling 3 matches...

The Fiend was interesting. But IMO it is not a longer term sustainable character. It’s good in small doses, sort of reminds me of CM Punks character when he got big. It was great and unique in small doses, but too much of it and it ruins or takes away a lot of the uniqueness and pop.

WWE killed Bray Wyatt’s momentum when they had him lose to Cena at WM. Dude was as hot as he’d Ever be and that was a really good storyline, but putting Cena over ruined Bray.

The Fiend was interesting. But IMO it is not a longer term sustainable character. It’s good in small doses, sort of reminds me of CM Punks character when he got big. It was great and unique in small doses, but too much of it and it ruins or takes away a lot of the uniqueness and pop.

WWE killed Bray Wyatt’s momentum when they had him lose to Cena at WM. Dude was as hot as he’d Ever be and that was a really good storyline, but putting Cena over ruined Bray.

they were really good at small doses of the fiend, especially at first.

I agree they can do that.

but if taker can last a decade without Changing, then you can make this work for a while.

they were really good at small doses of the fiend, especially at first.

I agree they can do that.

but if taker can last a decade without Changing, then you can make this work for a while.
Takers cartoonish character was a different time and era in wrestling.

I mean cartoonish in comparison to the gimmicks the fiend uses. Red lighting for matches. A clearly difficult style of mask to wrestle in, etc.

Taker was able to be who he was because of the time and era he worked in and he become more iconic and legendary with each passing year. I just don’t see that for the Fiend