WWE releases 18 from main roster and NXT

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 70,092.00
Speculation is that all were not vaccinated.
  • B-Fab of Hit Row
  • Ember Moon
  • Eva Marie
  • Franky Monet
  • Gran Metalik
  • Harry Smith
  • Jeet Rama
  • Jessi Kamea
  • Karrion Kross
  • Katrina Cortez
  • Keith Lee
  • Lince Dorado
  • Mia Yim
  • Nia Jax
  • Oney Lorcan
  • Scarlett Bordeaux
  • Trey Baxter
  • Zayda Ramier

This is just gonna be a thing now for awhile at least. They're having cuts, both talent and corporate, basically every business quarter. I'm like 70% sure their cleaning up the sheets to sell the company

I've heard this rumor for a few months now that Vince is planning on selling. But what kind of selling are we talking about? Like true selling it off to someone else and completely out of the McMahon's hands? Which I don't see that happening, or selling it off creating some business move to make mega millions off it, yet still being basically the guy who runs things.

I just dont see McMahon actually giving away what he basically created. Also, it doesnt make sense given the last 20 years the thought was Triple H/Stephanie inherit the business one day. But I think McMahon has way too much pride and arrogance within himself to sell off the WWE to someone and especially to lose any influence at all on the product.

With that said, they are cutting off all their up and coming talent. I was tired of Lesnar, Reigns, Rollins, and the entire Women's division in 2018, and I am still tired of all those people in 2021. I havent watched WWE in years because the story lines and the repeated feuds were boring, add in having TV screens as your audience for an entire year and that was unwatchable.

I feel in the last 5 years the WWE is purely a money making business with zero interest in actually making their product better. It's essentially the same thing over and over and there is no creativity going on to make the overall content better. But they haven't had to because they made money regardless.

I've heard this rumor for a few months now that Vince is planning on selling. But what kind of selling are we talking about? Like true selling it off to someone else and completely out of the McMahon's hands? Which I don't see that happening, or selling it off creating some business move to make mega millions off it, yet still being basically the guy who runs things.

I just dont see McMahon actually giving away what he basically created. Also, it doesnt make sense given the last 20 years the thought was Triple H/Stephanie inherit the business one day. But I think McMahon has way too much pride and arrogance within himself to sell off the WWE to someone and especially to lose any influence at all on the product.

With that said, they are cutting off all their up and coming talent. I was tired of Lesnar, Reigns, Rollins, and the entire Women's division in 2018, and I am still tired of all those people in 2021. I havent watched WWE in years because the story lines and the repeated feuds were boring, add in having TV screens as your audience for an entire year and that was unwatchable.

I feel in the last 5 years the WWE is purely a money making business with zero interest in actually making their product better. It's essentially the same thing over and over and there is no creativity going on to make the overall content better. But they haven't had to because they made money regardless.

True sell. Like they could be selling outright to NBCUniversal, Disney, whoever

True sell. Like they could be selling outright to NBCUniversal, Disney, whoever
And McMahon giving up all power and authority? WWE out of the McMahon family control? Man, I don't see that happening unless Vince and the rest of the McMahon's (including Triple H) see that the future of pro-wrestling or sports entertainment is dead.

IF they do do such a thing, I hope they turn it into one last major huge storyline that makes you question whether it is a shoot or work.

And McMahon giving up all power and authority? WWE out of the McMahon family control? Man, I don't see that happening unless Vince and the rest of the McMahon's (including Triple H) see that the future of pro-wrestling or sports entertainment is dead.

IF they do do such a thing, I hope they turn it into one last major huge storyline that makes you question whether it is a shoot or work.

I could see it. I could see Vince being the kind of asshole that says "No one in my family could ever do it better than me. I'm not even giving them the chance" so he sells, feeding his ego with the thought that no one will ever do it better than him and that he took his dad's small territory and sold it to one of the biggest media conglomerates in the world.

I could see it. I could see Vince being the kind of asshole that says "No one in my family could ever do it better than me. I'm not even giving them the chance" so he sells, feeding his ego with the thought that no one will ever do it better than him and that he took his dad's small territory and sold it to one of the biggest media conglomerates in the world.
Or maybe Steph and Shane are ready to move on as well?

no insider information here, but Steph and Triple H probably don't have the support of the BOD.

very strange to think of the WWE not being controlled by McMahon or the McMahon's.

no insider information here, but Steph and Triple H probably don't have the support of the BOD.
Triple H made NXT a thing and did a really good job with it. NXT plummeted the moment Vince took control of it again. I think Triple H and Stephanie could do a decent job with WWE. WWE desperately needs a creative overhaul and Triple H teaming up with guys like HBK or others may be what it needs. They did a good job with NXT, so I've heard.

Triple H made NXT a thing and did a really good job with it. NXT plummeted the moment Vince took control of it again. I think Triple H and Stephanie could do a decent job with WWE. WWE desperately needs a creative overhaul and Triple H teaming up with guys like HBK or others may be what it needs. They did a good job with NXT, so I've heard.
they don't care about things creatively. They just care about profits. If I were to guess (and I could be WAY OFF), influential people in the company didn't care for Triple H's performance as EVP or he just rubs people the wrong way. The same can be true for Stephanie. tbh, WWE has received horrible publicity for their deal in Saudi Arabia and for cutting so many people during COVID. Brand image falls under Stephanie's job title as CBO, so it is possible that she is being made the scapegoat.

again, I don't have insider information, but I'm looking for the most realistic explanation.

WWE needs a reckoning and revert back to the days of the 90's. Allow cussing and chair head shots.

MIBADA - Make It Bloody And Dangerous Again.

And stop with these quick zoom ins and zoom outs or camera changes during slams. It's disorienting and annoying as fuck.

WWE needs a reckoning and revert back to the days of the 90's. Allow cussing and chair head shots.

And stop with these quick zoom ins and zoom outs or camera changes during slams. It's disorienting and annoying as fuck.

You should watch AEW then. Plenty of blood and cussing. No chair head shots though. They've pretty much been taken out all over wrestling due to concussions

WWE needed to do this 12 years ago, when they actually had a roster of talent and could've turned Cena heel. They instead double downed on their PG image and went full Disney approach and it's now costing them greatly.

It's a bad product and I can't stand the TV production anymore with all those graphics and 3D imagery type stuff. It's dumb and way too over the top. Sometimes simple is best.

Now WWE doesn't seem to have any decent names or upcoming talent, they are all at AEW now. I mean they are still promoting Lesnar vs Reigns, this has been going on for about 6 years.

WWE needed to do this 12 years ago, when they actually had a roster of talent and could've turned Cena heel. They instead double downed on their PG image and went full Disney approach and it's now costing them greatly.

It's a bad product and I can't stand the TV production anymore with all those graphics and 3D imagery type stuff. It's dumb and way too over the top. Sometimes simple is best.

Now WWE doesn't seem to have any decent names or upcoming talent, they are all at AEW now. I mean they are still promoting Lesnar vs Reigns, this has been going on for about 6 years.

It's actually not costing them. Today the company just announced record high earnings, close to 1.1 billion in revenue.

Creatively speaking, yeah. But financially, they're killing it. Which sadly means they ain't gonna change shit no matter what their product looks like

It's actually not costing them. Today the company just announced record high earnings, close to 1.1 billion in revenue.

Creatively speaking, yeah. But financially, they're killing it. Which sadly means they ain't gonna change shit no matter what their product looks like
That's shocking to hear, especially when you hear about their dip in ratings and all the rumors that McMahon is going to sell. However they are getting their money, I guess good for them, thankfully now as wrestling fans we have AEW to watch, so the WWE can continue to do whatever they want because at least we have a solid separate option to watch wrestling.