WWE releases 18 from main roster and NXT

That's shocking to hear, especially when you hear about their dip in ratings and all the rumors that McMahon is going to sell. However they are getting their money, I guess good for them, thankfully now as wrestling fans we have AEW to watch, so the WWE can continue to do whatever they want because at least we have a solid separate option to watch wrestling.

It's the TV deals. NBC and Fox gave them MASSIVE contracts similar to what you see with sports leagues. That gives them guaranteed money no matter what. Also, Saudi Arabia pays them a ton of cash as well for some shows.

It's the TV deals. NBC and Fox gave them MASSIVE contracts similar to what you see with sports leagues. That gives them guaranteed money no matter what. Also, Saudi Arabia pays them a ton of cash as well for some shows.
You'd think though NBC and Fox would see that the ratings are falling and therefore they are not getting anything in return for their massive investments.

That's shocking to hear, especially when you hear about their dip in ratings and all the rumors that McMahon is going to sell. However they are getting their money, I guess good for them, thankfully now as wrestling fans we have AEW to watch, so the WWE can continue to do whatever they want because at least we have a solid separate option to watch wrestling.
Attendance + PPV buys (those are non-existent now due to the Network) are down, but WWE is much more advertisement friendly now. Also, with the current television environment live sports have become more attractive than ever.

During the peak of the Attitude Era, Raw's main sponsor was Castrol GTX. That is far from the case today.

Been catching up with Dark Side of the Ring season 3 and the most entertaining thing about WWE today is researching and hearing about what happened in the 90s and early 00's.

It's the same as people who complain about their sports team or the sport itself. But keep paying money to support it.

They don't give a fuck about your complaints.

But they will give a fuck if they start losing money.

Which ain't going to happen. Because their target audience will keep watching, keep buying merchandise, etc.

People like OD just need to realize that WWE doesn't value your opinion or even your business. You are not their target demographic.

Vince has never gave a fuck about wrestling fans. Not even in the so-called Attitude Era. Vince only went that direction because it was the most marketable to the target demographic at that time.

I'm an old white man. I don't even know what a Bad Bunny is. But WWE's target demographic does know him. And that's what matters.

Once the older wrestling fans accept the fact that WWE never had and never will value your opinion, they will stop getting so pissed off about the direction of a business not designed to cater to them.

And people can shit on the PG Era all they want.

It's still better than the Occupational Era of the mid-90s pre-Stone Cold.

Anybody who wasn't exposed to Duke the Dumpster Drossee doesn't have a valid complaint.

I will never understand why women are pushed so front and center. Sure, some are nice to look at, but they are garbage wrestlers most of the time. It should be 25% women, 75% men at most.

I decided to check it out tonight annnnd I have ONLY seen women wrestlers. Looks like Lita is back, she still looks pretty good for her age.

I will never understand why women are pushed so front and center. Sure, some are nice to look at, but they are garbage wrestlers most of the time. It should be 25% women, 75% men at most.

I decided to check it out tonight annnnd I have ONLY seen women wrestlers. Looks like Lita is back, she still looks pretty good for her age.

theyre bad.

flair is the only one who can really hang on a mens scale

Attendance + PPV buys (those are non-existent now due to the Network) are down, but WWE is much more advertisement friendly now. Also, with the current television environment live sports have become more attractive than ever.

During the peak of the Attitude Era, Raw's main sponsor was Castrol GTX. That is far from the case today.

not to mention e-commerce and buying stuff online is huge

they had mars and hersheys at one point too didn’t they?
it was weird that they had the subsidiaries (or single products like snickers, m&m’s and stridex) but not parent companies in some cases

This is just gonna be a thing now for awhile at least. They're having cuts, both talent and corporate, basically every business quarter. I'm like 70% sure their cleaning up the sheets to sell the company

disney wanted to buy it all during the peacock deal negotiations

The WWE needs to stop this trying to make Becky Lynch a heel and have her be The Man again.

Roman Reigns and the Usos need to go away and Paul Heyman needs to be back with Brock Lesnar.

Outside of those things, I don't care what else they do.

The WWE needs to stop this trying to make Becky Lynch a heel and have her be The Man again.

Roman Reigns and the Usos need to go away and Paul Heyman needs to be back with Brock Lesnar.

Outside of those things, I don't care what else they do.

1) the man was awful and a laughably bad nickname

2) she can’t be the man, flair owns the trademark and wwe stopped fighting over it

3) she’s just awful at pretty much everything and her popularity just shows that wrestling fans deserves at least some of the mockery they get…and that Ultron was right

You watch your dirty whore mouth.

she couldn’t carry a lamp, much less a match

and she is terrible on the mic

most overrated wrestler on the planet

only ones in contention are Adam Cole and Britt baker

she couldn’t carry a lamp, much less a match

and she is terrible on the mic

most overrated wrestler on the planet

only ones in contention are Adam Cole and Britt baker

Meh, you're a Celtics fan. So your taste is suspect at best.

Meh, you're a Celtics fan. So your taste is suspect at best.

wwe pushing this woke crap is why black and Andrade and co got cut

Ill take those 2 and the Wyatt family over this woke garbage

wwe pushing this woke crap is why black and Andrade and co got cut

Ill take those 2 and the Wyatt family over this woke garbage

That's not why they got cut. Plus, Andrade asked for his release.

That's not why they got cut. Plus, Andrade asked for his release.

sure it is.
They only have 5 hours of show each week, and they wasted large portions on an entire group of wrestlers vastly inferior to them.

wasted their talent and now they’re getting more time on a more loaded roster with only 3 hours per week available…

It's actually not costing them. Today the company just announced record high earnings, close to 1.1 billion in revenue.

Creatively speaking, yeah. But financially, they're killing it. Which sadly means they ain't gonna change shit no matter what their product looks like

They just crushed their Q1 earnings as well. By like 50 cents per share

More releases

I thought Kai was going to the main roster

Lumis is interesting

Both of them are solid mid card wrestlers

But it does seem wwe is really just looking to develop main eventers and everyone else be damned