WWE releases 18 from main roster and NXT

I was watching a little thing on Cena. I was on the chopping block back in '03/'04 just before he came up with his Thuganomics gimmick that basically saved his career.

Bi-annual cuts have always been around.

The internet just didn't blow it out of proportion back then like it does now.

I was watching a little thing on Cena. I was on the chopping block back in '03/'04 just before he came up with his Thuganomics gimmick that basically saved his career.

Yup.

I mean it sucks people lose their jobs

And it’s also clear wwe got super bloated, especially once aew existed and they basically were paying guys to….not go there

And they also fired a ton of people during the pandemic while posting record profits (without house shows).

So that stuck out like a sore thumb to fans

Yup.

I mean it sucks people lose their jobs

And it’s also clear wwe got super bloated, especially once aew existed and they basically were paying guys to….not go there

And they also fired a ton of people during the pandemic while posting record profits (without house shows).

So that stuck out like a sore thumb to fans
The pandemic era mass releases was definitely not a good look.

One of those "tell me you suck at PR without telling me you suck at PR".

But they aren't bi-annual anymore. They're happening every business quarter now for about the last 2 years. And in the past, they weren't even bi-annual. Sometimes you'd get 2 cuts a year, but usually you'd just get 1 cut a year, typically after Wrestlemania. It would be like 5 to 10 talents. Now its that number 4 times a year.

But they aren't bi-annual anymore. They're happening every business quarter now for about the last 2 years. And in the past, they weren't even bi-annual. Sometimes you'd get 2 cuts a year, but usually you'd just get 1 cut a year, typically after Wrestlemania. It would be like 5 to 10 talents. Now its that number 4 times a year.

They got too bloated.

Think of how many guys were on the roster and not wrestling

Yes you need a little depth, but they’ve cut enough people they could’ve created a legit 3rd brand