You Know What Would Be Cool? (Apple Content)

yeah the 2022 offerings are terrible. There is zero noticeable difference between the iPhone 13 and 14. I went 14pro for that reason.
I’m just hoping I can keep from breaking my 11 for another year…

Fair enough. My daughter's are big fans too. I always chuckle at the line up in the mall in front of the Apple store for people to see a resident "genius" to fix their tech. I've never had need to line up at the Android store of which there isn't one!
I mean, I started switching over to an all apple ecosystem around 2017 or so, and since then, for the first time ever, the only issue I’ve had with any device was just my own carelessness. Never had an android phone comfortably last more than a year, never had a windows laptop that didn’t start dragging ass and start overheating within a few years. Plenty to gripe about Apple about (see this thread). Their quality and needing fixing isn’t included in the gripes from my experience.

AirPods are poopy. Wish they didn’t kill the Beats brand.
Did they? Still seems like there’re plenty of Beats offerings. Also, I love the AirPods Pro. Special audio is nuts.

Sure, I'll start. When I am stranded and need a fire starter...android is the go to.
When I lose my tackle box and need a weight for the trot line...android is the go to.

What else? :evil:
When you want to be able to use the music you've stolen, fair and square, over 15 years, and IPhone is a cunt.

I mean, I started switching over to an all apple ecosystem around 2017 or so, and since then, for the first time ever, the only issue I’ve had with any device was just my own carelessness. Never had an android phone comfortably last more than a year, never had a windows laptop that didn’t start dragging ass and start overheating within a few years. Plenty to gripe about Apple about (see this thread). Their quality and needing fixing isn’t included in the gripes from my experience.

Did they? Still seems like there’re plenty of Beats offerings. Also, I love the AirPods Pro. Special audio is nuts.
They are just the same Beats products though. This month marks the five year mark since the release of the latest version of their most iconic product, with no newer version in sight. My Studio3s broke in month 13, but I enjoyed them while they lasted.

Now they are pumping out the Max and soon Max 2 as the Over Ear product, but the price point is just insane. The Max hasn’t gone on serious sale ($50 off a $500 product isn’t a sale, when Studios we’re going for $180 for a $350 product at roughly the same point in life) since release because “Apple product”

AirPods are poopy. Wish they didn’t kill the Beats brand.
My Pro's are WAY better than anything I've tried from beats. Comfortable, don't stick a mile out, and work really well. :suds:

Yeah the Spatial audio messes with me when I come across a movie or video that does it. Once they started making it compatible with AppleTV...forget about it.

My Pro's are WAY better than anything I've tried from beats. Comfortable, don't stick a mile out, and work really well. :beer2:
Can’t do earbuds. I’ve tried so many and they hurt immediately. I like big cans for my huge head, the Studio3s were great for that and the immediate connection to iPhone was nice. My Bose QC35s do fine for now, but they aren’t as hefty as the Beats were.

Can’t do earbuds. I’ve tried so many and they hurt immediately. I like big cans for my huge head, the Studio3s were great for that and the immediate connection to iPhone was nice. My Bose QC35s do fine for now, but they aren’t as hefty as the Beats were.
I got the new Bose noise canceling over ear and they are pretty good, but can't cancel noise like buds. I can't do them for long stretches though, so on long flights I'll switch halfway.

I got the new Bose noise canceling over ear and they are pretty good, but can't cancel noise like buds. I can't do them for long stretches though, so on long flights I'll switch halfway.
That’s another thing about buds, battery life. I’m constantly having headphones on for 10+ hours at a time. I find cans work just fine and don’t hurt at all, even my other bummy Sonys are fine for it. Can pros even go 10 hours on a charge?

On the original topic, the new iPad releases sum the whole thing up perfectly. Advertising crazy power and capabilities that can't be taken advantage of anyway. But it's there, so we get to charge more for it.

And lol @ updating the design of the base iPad, including USB, and still using the 1st gen pencil.

On the original topic, the new iPad releases sum the whole thing up perfectly. Advertising crazy power and capabilities that can't be taken advantage of anyway. But it's there, so we get to charge more for it.

And lol @ updating the design of the base iPad, including USB, and still using the 1st gen pencil.
At least there’s a Weather App now… next up will be a native calculator app…

Apple seems to have no direction anymore really. It started out as THE iPad, THE iPhone, now there’s how many iPhones? 8? 10? And they killed the one(well, 2?)that were structurally different, the mini. Now there are no real entry prices iPads, just stronger, more expensive tablets that all do one or two things less than the next up in the lineup. I got in with iPads at the right time it seems because they can fuck right off with the idea that I’m gonna drop $400 as a web surfing, sports streaming device.

For fucks sake, there are 3 watches now. Who the fuck wants an $800 watch that you still need to charge at least every other day?

At least there’s a Weather App now… next up will be a native calculator app…

Apple seems to have no direction anymore really. It started out as THE iPad, THE iPhone, now there’s how many iPhones? 8? 10? And they killed the one(well, 2?)that were structurally different, the mini. Now there are no real entry prices iPads, just stronger, more expensive tablets that all do one or two things less than the next up in the lineup. I got in with iPads at the right time it seems because they can fuck right off with the idea that I’m gonna drop $400 as a web surfing, sports streaming device.

For fucks sake, there are 3 watches now. Who the fuck wants an $800 watch that you still need to charge at least every other day?
I think that's what this is. Like they out kicked their coverage kinda thing with their new M1 and beyond chips. And now they don't know where to go with it. They kind of screwed themselves with the M1 MacBook Air, for example. The MacBook Air was their entry level, low performing laptop, then they make their own chip, and all of the sudden the M1 MacBook Air is a crazy value for $1000 (and often cheaper through 3rd parties). That caused them to have trouble selling the more expensive base MacBook Pros, where the only real difference is now active vs passive cooling, and the chip is so efficient the difference is negligible at best.

Similarly, iPads were never really supposed to be more than media consumption devises, then they start putting their laptop/desktop chips in them and advertising them as laptop replacements, without updating anything else that would allow them to be that. They're being extremely slow and deliberate at iPadOS changes on their way to making them worthy of such advertisement, probably because they don't really want them to be real viable laptop replacements. Which is somewhat understandable, but not when they're advertising it. They haven't even released the pro versions of their apps for iPad, which is just crazy. Even just releasing Logic Pro for iPad would be huge, and there is a market for it.

TLDR; They made some cool shit and don't know what to do with it.