You Know What Would Be Cool? (Apple Content)

So it's just the look that you want, not any functionality?
This question confuses me… having a tablet mode and laptop mode would increase functionality. So much…

This question confuses me… having a tablet mode and laptop mode would increase functionality. So much…
Apple still doesn't make convertible laptops??

Apple still doesn't make convertible laptops??
They’re trying to market the iPad Air/pro that way, they put their desktop/laptop chip in them and have all kinds of cool keyboard/trackpad accessories. But at least at this point they refuse to open up the OS enough to truly allow them to be used that way.

Apple has gone from their “think different” campaign to “no, this is exactly how you should want to use this thing, why would you want to be able to do more with it?” And as you can see in this thread, some of their users are all about it.

It’ll get there eventually though.

How fast are Ipads? My experience with tablets are the HD Kindle Fires and some junk Samsung A tab. They are both pooptown in terms of speed and the displays are pretty meh. I'm not looking to do much with them in terms of performance, but I don't want the thing chugging while surfing the internet or watching a movie. Do Ipads suffer from slowdown at all?

The regular ones. Not the Air Pro Max shit.
Well, I have ipad now. Now I need to buy a damn wifi extender to get decent wifi in the bedroom.

The display is night and day compared to the shit tabs and it appears much faster.

I still wish there were better widgets with Apple.

The new base iPad is $100 more now. It also doesn’t have Pencil 2 support. And you need to buy a separate cord just to use the pencil 1 since the switch to USBC. It’s basically an Air at that price point… but Air is still a thing.

But they removed the notch and power button!

As much as I becoming an Apple guy, just… lol

Well, I have ipad now. Now I need to buy a damn wifi extender to get decent wifi in the bedroom.

The display is night and day compared to the shit tabs and it appears much faster.

I still wish there were better widgets with Apple.
Eero mesh network is what you need. Super simple, one time cost, expandable as much as you need.

The new base iPad is $100 more now. It also doesn’t have Pencil 2 support. And you need to buy a separate cord just to use the pencil 1 since the switch to USBC. It’s basically an Air at that price point… but Air is still a thing.

But they removed the notch and power button!

As much as I becoming an Apple guy, just… lol
yeah the 2022 offerings are terrible. There is zero noticeable difference between the iPhone 13 and 14. I went 14pro for that reason.

Is this a good time to weigh in on the benefits of....................................

View attachment 88849
Sure, I'll start. When I am stranded and need a fire starter...android is the go to.
When I lose my tackle box and need a weight for the trot line...android is the go to.

What else? :evil:

Eero mesh network is what you need. Super simple, one time cost, expandable as much as you need.
I have a google mesh network now. The router connected to the modem is on the first level, the “point” is on the second level. The point doesn’t give enough juice to get to the third level to the bedrooms.

Sure, I'll start. When I am stranded and need a fire starter...android is the go to.
When I lose my tackle box and need a weight for the trot line...android is the go to.

What else? :evil:
Fair enough. My daughter's are big fans too. I always chuckle at the line up in the mall in front of the Apple store for people to see a resident "genius" to fix their tech. I've never had need to line up at the Android store of which there isn't one!

Is this a good time to weigh in on the benefits of....................................

View attachment 88849
The company who I spent thousands of dollars on HiFi music with, just to kill the app/library and essentially told me, “hey man, it’s okay, well link you to some LoFi YouTube files that anyone can stream without buying the rights to”?

Yea, fuck them

I have a google mesh network now. The router connected to the modem is on the first level, the “point” is on the second level. The point doesn’t give enough juice to get to the third level to the bedrooms.
That sounds like an extender not a mesh, but I'm not an expert. I had something like that and it extended but cut the speeds in half. My Eero mesh has the same speeds if I am hardlined in or I'm in the back corner of my yard.

Fair enough. My daughter's are big fans too. I always chuckle at the line up in the mall in front of the Apple store for people to see a resident "genius" to fix their tech. I've never had need to line up at the Android store of which there isn't one!
Oh yeah, I refuse to go to an Apple store. But when I have needed to, last time was my AirPods were making noise, they are top notch. But the people annoy the hell out of me and if I want to make an appointment to then stand around and wait I'll go to the doctor.

The company who I spent thousands of dollars on HiFi music with, just to kill the app/library and essentially told me, “hey man, it’s okay, well link you to some LoFi YouTube files that anyone can stream without buying the rights to”?

Yea, fuck them
You can even convert YouTube to Mp3 from what I hear.

You can even convert YouTube to Mp3 from what I hear.
The fact they killed GPM without allowing you to “take” your HiFi mp3 library because they were offering you a new product to listen to your music (YouTube music aka LoFi trash) is scum as fuck.

Even Google engineers have commented their approach to app development is trash(Google Wave, Google Glass, etc…)Essentially by pushing you into the YouTube space, they are making more money from Ad shares than from music purchases previously. Oh and offering you a lower quality product. I look at it like Google took me for a lot of money for products and services that they did say they could take away if they wanted to(as all companies have the same disclaimers for digital rights), they’re also the first company to actually do it. Fuck them.

Oh yeah, I refuse to go to an Apple store. But when I have needed to, last time was my AirPods were making noise, they are top notch. But the people annoy the hell out of me and if I want to make an appointment to then stand around and wait I'll go to the doctor.
AirPods are poopy. Wish they didn’t kill the Beats brand.