Poll Your Preferred Playoff/Post Season

What system do you prefer?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 891.00
Some may have seen my post in the Worst Kind of CFB Fan thread, but basically I am here polling you to see what the general consensus of the board is and more importantly, WHY.

Please share. You can see my opinion on post #80 and #95 in the aforementioned thread linked below.

no potato salad

If that is the case. Clemson and Notre Dame should have shut down weeks ago, there's no point in playing the regular season
Why? Are you saying this due to covid?

I believe Kanell was trying to show what it would look like in general, like every other normal year. Covid obviously changes things and it will be interesting to see how the committee sees 6 games played vs 10, 11, or 12.

This wasn't meant to mean THIS year. What would you prefer under normal circumstances.

Why? Are you saying this due to covid?

I believe Kanell was trying to show what it would look like in general, like every other normal year. Covid obviously changes things and it will be interesting to see how the committee sees 6 games played vs 10, 11, or 12.

This wasn't meant to mean THIS year. What would you prefer under normal circumstances.
I feel this way for every year. I think expanding the playoffs water downs the regular season

6 team playoff, top 2 seeds get first round byes.

Scrap the committee. Either use the old BCS to determine the top 6 teams or go with the 5 P5 conference champs and the highest rated G5 team. ND can either join a conference or be considered a G5 team.

If that is the case. Clemson and Notre Dame should have shut down weeks ago, there's no point in playing the regular season
Using that rationale, every team in the ACC besides Notre Dame and Clemson should have shut the season down about a month ago because they had no shot at a CFP spot. Same for other conferences.

Eight...with the lower seeded teams hosting the games at their home stadiums the first two rounds.

6 team playoff, top 2 seeds get first round byes.

Scrap the committee. Either use the old BCS to determine the top 6 teams or go with the 5 P5 conference champs and the highest rated G5 team. ND can either join a conference or be considered a G5 team.
giphy.gif

Other

64 teams, seeded 1-64. Higher seeded team plays at home. If you get the Rona, you're out and your opponent advances.

Seeds determined by drawing from a hat.

This year doesn't count anyway.

6 team playoff. Top 2 get a 1st round bye. 5 conference champs and highest ranked non champion.

Group of 5 gets their own playoff system.

InfantileGrandAmericancreamdraft-max-1mb.gif

1. No.
2. Your team plays in the ACC. It's already watered down.
3. Do you feel that the 4 team CFP watered down the season from the BCS era?
Not really but that's only going from 2 to 4 teams and teams still need to go undefeated or have a good resume with a loss. When we go to 16, we get to the point where losing doesn't matter as much, we start letting in teams with 4 loses and big games vs top teams turn from an elimination game to just playing for a better seeding

In a normal year...

8-team playoff or 12-team playoff

8-team playoff
6 Auto-bids - 5 P5 champions and highest ranked G5 team
2 At-Large bids - highest ranked remaining
Rankings determine seeds
Better seed host Quarterfinals

I've been for an eight game playoff for a while now. It allows every power give champion in and it allows a chance for a smaller school in that will never get in under the current format. Just my opinion. And it allows the smaller schools some tv exposure along with money so it would help out recruiting.