Poll Your Preferred Playoff/Post Season

What system do you prefer?

• Total voters
I voted for the current system but I'd like a six team playoff that gave the power five champions and one wild card.

8 Team Playoff
- 5 P5 champs
- 1 G5 champ if they are ranked higher than any of the P5 champs
- 2/3 at large bids

Last year would have been:

1) LSU - SEC Champion
8) Wisconsin - At Large #3

4) Oklahoma - Big 12 Champion
5) Georgia - At Large #1

3) Clemson - ACC Champion
6) Oregon - PAC 12 Champion

2) Ohio State - Big Ten Champion
7) Baylor - At Large #2

This year is looking like:

1) Alabama - Projected SEC Champion
8) USC - Projected PAC 12 Champion

4) Ohio State - Projected Big Ten Champion
5) Texas A&M - At Large #2

3) Clemson - At Large #1
6) Iowa State - Projected Big 12 Champion

2) Notre Dame - Projected ACC Champion
7) Cincinnati - Projected AAC Champion

6 team playoff, top 2 seeds get first round byes.

Scrap the committee. Either use the old BCS to determine the top 6 teams or go with the 5 P5 conference champs and the highest rated G5 team. ND can either join a conference or be considered a G5 team.
Why wouldn’t they want to be considered a G5 in that system? They could be in most years...

8 Team Playoff
- 5 P5 champs
- 1 G5 champ if they are ranked higher than any of the P5 champs
- 2/3 at large bids

Last year would have been:

1) LSU - SEC Champion
8) Wisconsin - At Large #3

4) Oklahoma - Big 12 Champion
5) Georgia - At Large #1

3) Clemson - ACC Champion
6) Oregon - PAC 12 Champion

2) Ohio State - Big Ten Champion
7) Baylor - At Large #2

This year is looking like:

1) Alabama - Projected SEC Champion
8) USC - Projected PAC 12 Champion

4) Ohio State - Projected Big Ten Champion
5) Texas A&M - At Large #2

3) Clemson - At Large #1
6) Iowa State - Projected Big 12 Champion

2) Notre Dame - Projected ACC Champion
7) Cincinnati - Projected AAC Champion
This is what I’m exactly for as long as there are conditions to letting in P5/G5 champs.
- no more then 2 loses
- must be ranked within the top 15
-SoS must be in the top 40

Im open to expanding or minimizing those last 2 conditions.

If a P5/G5 doesn’t meet those conditions it goes to the next highest ranked At Large.

4 team playoff.
Bring back an alternative BCS Formula.
50% committee voting/50% computer formula.
This takes it out of the hands of the Coaches Poll.
Committee essentially becomes what the Harris Poll was.

@Locke888 - Idea was interesting, I would like to see how it would play out for a few seasons though.

1. we reduce division 1 to 64 teams. No conferences. Everyone plays 12 games
2. We do a preseason ranking of all teams
3. We then randomly take one team from each group 1-16, 17-32, 33-48, 49-64. This will make 16 groups of 4.
4. These groups play a round robin giving each team 3 games. (Think World Cup)
5. The top 2 teams move on to another 4 team group to keep competing for the championship. The bottom 2 teams move on to continue to play with another 4 team group of losers.

Example: The preseason rankings are done and groups have been drawn.
#5 Ohio state, #30 Boston college, #35 Northwestern, #50 Cal are in a group. Results:
OSU 3-0
Cal 2-1
NW1-2
BC 0-3
OSU and Cal move on to a higher group but not together. (We don’t want them playing again unless they are at the very end with final 4 teams)
At this point we have 8 groups in winners bracket and 8 groups in losers bracket.
We repeat this.....
The winners group is now 4 groups of 4 teams(16 total)left and all teams have played 6 games
We repeat. The winners group is now 2 groups of 4 teams(8total) and have played 9 games.
We repeat. The winners group is now reduced to 1 group of 4 teams and have played 12 games at this point. We now are in a 4 team playoff.
The lower groups have been playing this whole time as well and all teams have played 12 games

This is where I am at. Put ND in the ACC full time, the 1940s are over.
I can take it or leave it with them. To each their own. They actually have a good strategy as they play an overall tough schedule based more on never playing super weak teams more than playing really tough teams. They can be independent if they want to be but they have to be the best non power five champion. No room for error.

I've been for an eight game playoff for a while now. It allows every power give champion in and it allows a chance for a smaller school in that will never get in under the current format. Just my opinion. And it allows the smaller schools some tv exposure along with money so it would help out recruiting.
The bottom half of P5s do not want this. They already fight with the upper G5s over recruits...or so I've been told. But I ain't a recruiting guru.

If Danny Kanell likes it, it must be shit, because that guy is a retard.
As we say in Iowa, even a blind sow finds the trough every once in a while.

I can take it or leave it with them. To each their own. They actually have a good strategy as they play an overall tough schedule based more on never playing super weak teams more than playing really tough teams. They can be independent if they want to be but they have to be the best non power five champion. No room for error.
They do a play a decent schedule. If they joined the ACC, I would hope they could keep some of their traditional games, like against USC, etc. They could probably scrap the Navy one (I know they have played for 100 years, but Navy doesn't have a lot of wins).

The playoff committee has gotten it right every year and until there are 4 teams that actually deserve to be there no need to expand.
:dingdingding::agree::10:

I think I'm starting to like the old Bowl System more and more.
Like when the Big 8 was tied into the Orange Bowl.
And get a good quality opponent in the top 10 or top 20 to play.

And every big Bowl had a big Conference tie in.

And let the eye test rule.

That's what it's been all along anyway.

6 team playoff, top 2 seeds get first round byes.

Scrap the committee. Either use the old BCS to determine the top 6 teams or go with the 5 P5 conference champs and the highest rated G5 team. ND can either join a conference or be considered a G5 team.
I’m with him^^

The playoff committee has gotten it right every year and until there are 4 teams that actually deserve to be there no need to expand.
I can’t really argue with that but I like watching undeserving blue blood types get pantsed for the whole world to see in January so.... long live degenerate evil!

I think I'm starting to like the old Bowl System more and more.
Like when the Big 8 was tied into the Orange Bowl.
And get a good quality opponent in the top 10 or top 20 to play.

And every big Bowl had a big Conference tie in.

And let the eye test rule.

That's what it's been all along anyway.
Translation: Oklahoma can't actually win in the playoff system so I prefer to take my chances in the Orange Bowl and try to argue my way to a trophy.

If there was ever a season to try an 8 team playoff this is it.

Translation: Oklahoma can't actually win in the playoff system so I prefer to take my chances in the Orange Bowl and try to argue my way to a trophy.

I just think that they way we have it now, is just about the same as it was back then. The Committee want's certain teams in, and no matter what they tell you, it comes down to the eye test anyway.

So why not.