Poll Your Preferred Playoff/Post Season

What system do you prefer?

• Total voters
I just think that they way we have it now, is just about the same as it was back then. The Committee want's certain teams in, and no matter what they tell you, it comes down to the eye test anyway.

So why not.

4 teams is the worst. Id rather have 2. Ideally though I'd like 16 but would settle for 8. CFB used to be the best because the regular season meant everything. Since 2011 thats just not true anymore. So if the regular season isn't the best anymore then the postseason needs to be improved. 16 is the best way to do that

I just think that they way we have it now, is just about the same as it was back then. (1) The Committee want's certain teams in, and no matter what they tell you, (2)it comes down to the eye test anyway.

So why not.
1. I agree. They inherently give leeway to teams that are historical powerhouses and/or relevant.

2. I don't think this matters much, at least not more than the first. Personally, Ohio St does not look like they can hang with the likes of Bama or Clemson this year. I am not saying they can't or won't, but just that I haven't seen it from who they have played (my opinion). But given the committee rankings up until now, they are clearly willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
128. Start the first round in September.

LOL, play the whole thing as a series, and have a losers bracket where best of 3 advance, then the final is played with the winner of the losers bracket vs the winner of the winners bracket! where the final winner is determined in a best of 7

so to recap 128 teams

Best of 5 for winners, best of 3 for losers, best of 7 for final. (might have to adjust so that this can fit into 365 days, if so adjust each down by 2 games, sorry losers)

LOL, play the whole thing as a series, and have a losers bracket where best of 3 advance, then the final is played with the winner of the losers bracket vs the winner of the winners bracket! where the final winner is determined in a best of 7

so to recap 128 teams

Best of 5 for winners, best of 3 for losers, best of 7 for final. (might have to adjust so that this can fit into 365 days, if so adjust each down by 2 games, sorry losers)
I like it

Non stop football

I like it

Non stop football
Yep with 90% of the games being only watched by the teams involved for probably!! Should make it easier to expand luxury seating and cut out the maximum capacity for more amenities. Cut those 100k stadiums down to 30k seating with all the bells and whistles!

8 Team Playoff
- 5 P5 champs
- 1 G5 champ if they are ranked higher than any of the P5 champs
- 2/3 at large bids

This year is looking like:

1) Alabama - SEC Champion
8) Oregon - PAC 12 Champion

4) Notre Dame - At Large #1
5) Texas A&M - At Large #2

3) Ohio State - Big Ten Champion
6) Oklahoma - Big 12 Champion

2) Clemson - ACC Champion