Nebraska Cornhuskers 2021-22 Nebrasketball

Huskers struggling to finish against Tennessee State...

Gonna be a loooong season

On the bright side the Big 10 has been underachieving as well.

I figured Nebrasketball would have to go 9 of 11 'out of conference' to get to 18 wins and a sniff at the NCAA's.

I can still see them being 7th or 8th in the Big 10 once these youngin's start playing like a team instead of being ball hogs trying to make a name for themselves.

At one point early in the Western Illinois loss (first 5 minutes), all 5 Husker players on the court were first year players.

On the bright side the Big 10 has been underachieving as well.

I figured Nebrasketball would have to go 9 of 11 'out of conference' to get to 18 wins and a sniff at the NCAA's.

I can still see them being 7th or 8th in the Big 10 once these youngin's start playing like a team instead of being ball hogs trying to make a name for themselves.

At one point early in the Western Illinois loss (first 5 minutes), all 5 Husker players on the court were first year players.

Can we beat South Dakota??

1637785321473.png

4OTs, lost to N. Carolina State by 4 and still cannot make a damned lay up!

Did you watch? Refs were more than pitiful, especially in the 2nd half to let NCSt back in it. were literally calling two different games on each half of the court. the most atrocious was not calling a foul for Verge on the last shot of regulation. I was surprised they gave McGowens that call to get him the freethrow to send it to another OT. Could have won it there if he had just made both.

here is the horrible missed call:

That game was awful

Refs:
april fools prank GIF

This is gonna be one heck of a Nebrasketball team next season. Top 6 or 7 in Big 10 play. Bookmarkit.

They're scrappy and play with attitude. They're young. Just need to play more as a team and take wiser shots.

Love that Tominaga dude.
Hope we can keep Bryce for 4 years, but not likely. I'll take 3.

Its becoming more and more apparent that it aint happening this season.

It looks a lot like a Tim Miles offense. Unless 3s are falling its not going to work. 1 guy taking many ill-advised shots with seemingly no repercussions.

agree. same problem i had with Miles, the offense is a lot of standing around, one guy dribbling and then guys forcing up bad shots. need more movement, and better shot selection. and then shots need to fall, they need to capitalize on the open looks, i watched most of the Indiana game and McGowens missed a lot of shots he needs to hit if he's going to the NBA. I think they'll surprise a team or two this year if they can get hot from the 3, but not making the tournament unless they hit a hot streak that last the whole of February.

This team will be a lot better in February than they are right now. It'll be too late to get enough wins for the dance though.

Western Illinois was a must win.
Cretin and N.C. State were must split

They went 0-3 there.

I could see them winning a couple games in the Big 10 tourney.
Auto Qualifier is likely their only hope to the dance.

Didn't watch past the 7 minute mark in the 1st half tonight. Saw Verge try 3 post-entry passes and all of them resulted in turnovers. He's the "point gaurd" and can't make a post-entry pass. Some numbers that stand out. 30 missed 3s, 6 assists, minus 16 on the boards.

Sigh.

Auburn and K state coming up. Rough December.

Yea, looked bad all over. Defense is still such a struggle. Horrible rotation, horrible post double teams, lazy all over. Teams shouldn't get so many easy open looks from 3.

Offense is still suck city. Just same complaints. No movement, too much dribbling, one on one attempts that end in tough jump shots.

Just don't understand what they are seeing/doing in practice that they think this will be competitive on game day?

Wrong thread.

Year 3 under Hoiberg and that's the product he puts out? I turned that one off midway thru the 2nd half last night.

Before today's game our starting pg had the 23rd most turnovers in the country. He added 7 today.