2021 Recruiting Thread

Jake Garcia finally decommitted from SC.. Writing was on the wall that he would settle somewhere in the South after moving to MS to play ball his Sr year.. Honestly have no idea how he has looked.. but he obviously got someone's attention down there..Miami?
Picking nits, but he is playing in Ga, not MS. I say that only because he originally went to south Georgia and then had to transfer to a team in the Atlanta area. They are undefeated and well into the state playoffs.

Ole Miss got some buzz, but they signed a home state kid last week. As others have mentioned Miami is being mentioned.

Texass just had a 3* decommit. Damn thats rough.

I just don’t like the idea of getting beat by an FCS program on a recruit
He doesn't even have a committable UGA offer, and his other offers are Jackson State, USF, Central Arkansas, FAU. He's an Isaiah McKenzie type burner that's 5-9, 160, that plays in the slot. He's a total backup plan, Type C. He was totally off the radar and had a great senior year. Personally, I like the guy, and if we had room it might be tempting. But, with Arik Gilbert possibly transferring from LSU, there simply isn't room in the inn.

#1 WR Emeka Egbuka announcing at 5PM PST today. Looks like Ohio State from all accounts.
Yes. We are 15 minutes away from a huge BOOM!

all Buckeye! This was 100% Hartline and his relationship with Emeka and his mother.

Last edited:
Wow! This '21 class is crazy for tOSU. Next up is another Washington kid JTT. Come on down. Day starting a pipeline in the state of Washington. His kids fans will not like this. It's very possible to knock Bama off the recruiting title.

Reactions: Me
An hour late. I wonder if there's been a change of heart?
check out his live interview with Birm over on the Letterman row. It's a great interview and Emeka breaks down the process and when he decided on his decision. He sounds like a great kid.

check out his live interview with Birm over on the Letterman row. It's a great interview and Emeka breaks down the process and when he decided on his decision. He sounds like a great kid.
Kids a beast and I wish him luck where ever he goes.

Kids a beast and I wish him luck where ever he goes.
Do you think with Chris Peterson stepping down hurt UW recruiting a bit? Washington has been producing some great athletes lately. Gee Scott Jr, Emeka, and very possibly JTT. I have a hard time even spelling or saying his name, lol. The Buckeyes are a real threat of pulling him out of state.

Do you think with Chris Peterson stepping down hurt UW recruiting a bit? Washington has been producing some great athletes lately. Gee Scott Jr, Emeka, and very possibly JTT. I have a hard time even spelling or saying his name, lol. The Buckeyes are a real threat of pulling him out of state.
I'm not sure but I do know Jimmy Lake has a high energy and I believe there were a couple of SEC teams that wanted him for HC so I think the transition will be a smooth one in recruiting department. The problem for Washington and really for the Pac is they don't get enough national exposure and that falls on the idiot commish with his horrid TV deal. It's really tough to compete against OSU and Bamas of the world when everyone east of the Rockies sees them on prime time yet they have Pac after dark and everyone is off to bed.

I'm not sure but I do know Jimmy Lake has a high energy and I believe there were a couple of SEC teams that wanted him for HC so I think the transition will be a smooth one in recruiting department. The problem for Washington and really for the Pac is they don't get enough national exposure and that falls on the idiot commish with his horrid TV deal. It's really tough to compete against OSU and Bamas of the world when everyone east of the Rockies sees them on prime time yet they have Pac after dark and everyone is off to bed.
I think you are spot on about the national exposure. People on the east coast normally won't stay up at 10-1030 to watch a sporting event when they have to work the next morning. Very true.

I think you are spot on about the national exposure. People on the east coast normally won't stay up at 10-1030 to watch a sporting event when they have to work the next morning. Very true.
It's really a shame cause there are good match ups that most don't see. When Wash is on that 11pm spot, I'm usually off to bed around 2/2:30am. The Pac needs a new commish that knows how to deal with contracts.

It's really a shame cause there are good match ups that most don't see. When Wash is on that 11pm spot, I'm usually off to bed around 2/2:30am. The Pac needs a new commish that knows how to deal with contracts.
You live in east coast? I assumed you were in Seattle area?

You live in east coast? I assumed you were in Seattle area?
Jersey. The rest of the family is out in the Seattle area. I root for both Seahawks/Eagles except when they face each other. Both Phillies/Mariners suck ass and I'm ready for Sixers basketball.

As bad as it would be, you have to play some games at 10am, then 1pm, then 4pm. I am a late night person, so I love the PAC after dark so they shouldn't get rid of that, but you have to get better exposure. I have to believe that going to things early is something you get used to living on the left coast.

UWs recruiting definitely took a step back this year. I don’t know if CP is the only reason that happened. But it definitely wasn’t good timing for UW as the state of Washington is having a historic year when it comes to recruiting. It looks like UW will land Huard (legacy) but miss the other top tier guys

I don’t trust 5 stars from Washington state since Jacob Eason.

If the recruit isn’t from Cali, Vegas, Arizona, Texas, the Deep South, the Carolinas, the DC area, Ohio, Pennsylvania or New Jersey, I don’t want em. The ones from other areas don’t play good enough competition to get a good gauge on. A Florida 2 star is a 4 star in Washington state

UWs recruiting definitely took a step back this year. I don’t know if CP is the only reason that happened. But it definitely wasn’t good timing for UW as the state of Washington is having a historic year when it comes to recruiting. It looks like UW will land Huard (legacy) but miss the other top tier guys
I've seen several blogs on various sites from scouts saying EE may be the best receiver to ever come out of the West coast and going on about he's a generational player. I mean that's a ton of praise for a young athlete who's about to step on a huge next level platform.
I have checked out some of his film and he does have that "IT* gactor. When Hartline and our strength and conditioning coach Mick Marrotti get this kid in the progrm, holy cow.
If only we can get some big OL, we should be good. I'll gladly take Sewell off your hands:)