2021 Recruiting Thread

I don’t trust 5 stars from Washington state since Jacob Eason.

If the recruit isn’t from Cali, Vegas, Arizona, Texas, the Deep South, the Carolinas, the DC area, Ohio, Pennsylvania or New Jersey, I don’t want em. The ones from other areas don’t play good enough competition to get a good gauge on. A Florida 2 star is a 4 star in Washington state
EE and JTT will be the exception. Guys like Barton Simmons and others have rated these guys very high. EE was layered time at 4.4 40 as a sophomore. That's pretty insane.

EE and JTT will be the exception. Guys like Barton Simmons and others have rated these guys very high. EE was layered time at 4.4 40 as a sophomore. That's pretty insane.
I thought Jacob Eason would be the exception too. You may be right though, but I don’t trust em until I see em on the field

OU is pretty full at wr. The 3 five stars OU got in one class(Haselwood, Wease, and Bridges) plus Mims last year has us set for a while.

I've seen several blogs on various sites from scouts saying EE may be the best receiver to ever come out of the West coast and going on about he's a generational player. I mean that's a ton of praise for a young athlete who's about to step on a huge next level platform.
I have checked out some of his film and he does have that "IT* gactor. When Hartline and our strength and conditioning coach Mick Marrotti get this kid in the progrm, holy cow.
If only we can get some big OL, we should be good. I'll gladly take Sewell off your hands:)

Unfortunately for the Ducks, Sewell has played his last game with the Ducks. But unless Ohio State joins the NFL, I don’t think he’s headed to Columbus (maybe Cincinnati though)

I don’t trust 5 stars from Washington state since Jacob Eason.

If the recruit isn’t from Cali, Vegas, Arizona, Texas, the Deep South, the Carolinas, the DC area, Ohio, Pennsylvania or New Jersey, I don’t want em. The ones from other areas don’t play good enough competition to get a good gauge on. A Florida 2 star is a 4 star in Washington state

Thats beyond stupid. There are busts from all over the country. Eason even made it to the NFL. I’m not even sure I would classify him as a bust

Thats beyond stupid. There are busts from all over the country. Eason even made it to the NFL. I’m not even sure I would classify him as a bust
Eason fucking sucked. But there’s a reason why certain areas of the country produce more talent than others. It’s also a fact that low star players in high talent areas would get a star boost if they played at places like Washington state where they won’t be overshadowed by their own teammates

Unfortunately for the Ducks, Sewell has played his last game with the Ducks. But unless Ohio State joins the NFL, I don’t think he’s headed to Columbus (maybe Cincinnati though)
That was funny. I would like to see my Eagles take him. No idea if Dillard is a bust?

Eason fucking sucked. But there’s a reason why certain areas of the country produce more talent than others. It’s also a fact that low star players in high talent areas would get a star boost if they played at places like Washington state where they won’t be overshadowed by their own teammates
Eason is in the NFL so I can tell with great confidence that he didn’t suck and many other 5 stars have done worse. Also, most of these kids are evaluated at camps. As long as you go to the national camps, your high school becomes less of a factor

That was funny. I would like to see my Eagles take him. No idea if Dillard is a bust?

Its possible. I think Sewell is going to be the first non-QB off the board. That means Philly probably needs to lose a few more to be in the mix

I thought Jacob Eason would be the exception too. You may be right though, but I don’t trust em until I see em on the field
my line of thinking is similar to yours when it comes to recruiting in certain regions in the US. That being said, I think a lot has to do with program development. IE I look at top recruits from the past and I'll use Rashon Gary and Peoples-Jones for example. Both were Harbaugh recruits at U M and both 5* out of high school. I think UM totally ruined both there development going to that school. They are doing well in the NFL. Just my opinion.
will take it a step further, Terry McLaurin was a 3* recruit out of high school and look how the Buckeyes developed him into a very good NFL receiver. Same for Michael Thomas etc.
maybe I'm bitter that our rivals canceled the game for today so this is my man back at them.

Its possible. I think Sewell is going to be the first non-QB off the board. That means Philly probably needs to lose a few more to be in the mix
Philly may only win 1 game? And that would be Dallas. We will get curbstomped by NO tomorrow.

Eason is in the NFL so I can tell with great confidence that he didn’t suck and many other 5 stars have done worse. Also, most of these kids are evaluated at camps. As long as you go to the national camps, your high school becomes less of a factor
He lost his job to Jake Fromm and it was the right move. That’s bad. Camps haven’t really been a thing this year.

Regardless, fill my recruiting class with as much IMG Academy players as possible, because even the low star players there would be 4 stars in the non football talent rich parts of the country

He lost his job to Jake Fromm and it was the right move. That’s bad. Camps haven’t really been a thing this year.

Regardless, fill my recruiting class with as much IMG Academy players as possible, because even the low star players there would be 4 stars in the non football talent rich parts of the country
IMG is a solid school in Florida. I look at St John's Bosco and Mater Dei in California.

And yet Eason was still drafted higher in the NFL draft.

The entire basis of your theory is based on Eason only having a decent year as a true freshman in the SEC and then getting hurt. After he came back for injury he was an all-conference player in the PAC and got drafted to the NFL. That's not a bust. It certainly isn't proof that Washington kids aren't good. Trust me, Oregon has recruited 3 stars from the south and they are no better than 3 stars out west. The south just has more blue chip kids than the west does.

how you feeling about taking Fromm over Justin Fields? UGA deserves a huge thank you, much like LSU owes us a thank you for Joe Burrow. I mean look at them now, lol.

The entire basis of your theory is based on Eason only having a decent year as a true freshman in the SEC and then getting hurt. After he came back for injury he was an all-conference player in the PAC and got drafted to the NFL. That's not a bust. It certainly isn't proof that Washington kids aren't good. Trust me, Oregon has recruited 3 stars from the south and they are no better than 3 stars out west. The south just has more blue chip kids than the west does.
He wasn’t decent, he sucked, and like Fromm, he’ll never be a starter in the NFL.

My theory isn’t based on Eason. It’s just a fact that the players that come from high talent areas face better competition and have better teammates and coaches than those that come from low talent areas. You’re caught up on a single name drop.

this is very true. I mean look at the state of Texas alone.