2022 Concerts

But, September 9th in Alpharetta, Willie Nelson, Jason Isbell and Billy Strings is the only concert I have current plans to go to. It’s gonna have to cool down some before I go to any outdoor shows

I have been lucky enough to see a couple bands before they broke out by hitting dive bars with music. Some even afterwards. Cheap Trick was a local bar band in my teens, Steve Miller, REO Speedwagon real early, My absolute favorite though is Neil Young and Crazy Horse dropping unannounced into a roadhouse I frequented and playing for hours.

Nice........SpaceHog is the only band Ive seen before they had a one hit wonder with In the Meantime.....

Ive seen Steve Miller at the Mississippi Valley Fair a few years back,another cheap placce for concerts.......
It was like 50$ for 6 bands thru the whole week.....

Ive seen Toby Kieth,Alice Cooper,The Band Perry Steve Miller,Hank Williams Jr and a few more I cant remember.....

This year has Kid Rock,Toby Kieth and s couple others......beer is cheap as hell,if I remeber right its 18$ a six lack plus the give you s bag of with it........great time.

Nice........SpaceHog is the only band Ive seen before they had a one hit wonder with In the Meantime.....

Ive seen Steve Miller at the Mississippi Valley Fair a few years back,another cheap placce for concerts.......
It was like 50$ for 6 bands thru the whole week.....

Ive seen Toby Kieth,Alice Cooper,The Band Perry Steve Miller,Hank Williams Jr and a few more I cant remember.....

This year has Kid Rock,Toby Kieth and s couple others......beer is cheap as hell,if I remeber right its 18$ a six lack plus the give you s bag of with it........great time.
I doubt it’ll have Toby Keith. He just canceled his tour because he has stomach cancer

"so far, so good" is good to hear

I am not a fan of his, but still don't want shit like that to happen
I was a fan as a kid. Haven’t listened to him in years though. Don’t want that for anyone though

Saw them years ago with Everclear on the Summerland Tour (?). I still have In the Meantime on one of my favorite playlists. Their lead singer was married to Liv Tyler! Lucky POS!

too much jingoism for my liking
But.... America, Fuck Yeah?
Freedom Intensifies GIF

Saw "Starset" last night with my two kids and one of their friends. While I do like the music as well the presentation of the band was really interesting. They treated it almost like a play as much as a rock concert. It was kind of cool.

just got back from Stoked for the Summer 2022. Bouncing Souls and Hot Water Music were great, that was my first time seeing HWM (though I've seen Chuck Ragan).

Mentioned elsewhere (I think), but I'll be here for Friday & Saturday.

My Friday main events are Lacuna Coil and Korn. Not into Papa Roach or Three Days Grace. We'll find out on the other ones in between.

Saturday I'm stoked for Spiritbox, Avatar, and Breaking Benjamin. I haven't seen Evanescence live yet and like some of their stuff, so that one's good too. Not into Falling in Reverse or Theory of a Deadman.

INK22_Official_Admat_1200x1500_o8659xrck2nlasbeizyf.jpg
There were a lot of people there. Packed tight. There was a seemingly endless stream of crowdsurfing during the shows - even during the lesser-known bands. People were packed too tight to mosh, but it didn't stop a few small groups from occasionally briefly trying. I was right at one of the pit attempts during Korn, but chose not to indulge for the protection of my wife and an 11-year-old boy who was next to me. I actually spent a lot of the Korn set protecting my wife from having crowdsurfers crush her.

It was a good time. Really glad to be back into live shows.

vvv - This is SiriusXM’s Jose Mangin MC'ing. I'm in that crowd somewhere when this pic was taken. - vvv

attachment-2022-0715-ink-paparoach-stevethrasher2.jpg

vvv - I can spot at least five crowd surfers when this pic was taken. I'm in there somewhere around/behind that 'beer' sign. I posted up reasonably close to the stages between stages so I could get rowdy for both Spiritbox and especially Avatar afterward. During the Spiritbox set, my wife was filming for a minute using her phone and captured a female crowdsurfer succumb to a wardrobe malfunction.

The building to the right of the stages is the Ohio State Reformatory - where 'The Shawshank Redemption' was filmed. I was able to get in there for a tour shortly before Spiritbox went on. Pretty cool stuff. - vvv

attachment-2022-0716-experience-nathan-zucker.jpg

That looks awful.

for once, I agree with you

hard pass...enjoy your COVID
I've never cared for "festivals". Covid or not. Sports Arenas and the likes are the worst concert experience possible, for entirely too much money.