2023 Rock and Roll HOF nominees

Gossip Folks GIF by Missy Elliott
Ya know, I don't really have a problem with Missy Elliot getting in. But if Missy is in, Maiden should've been in 20 years ago, Soundgarden & Alice in Chains should've been in at least 5 years ago and Korn should've been the headliner in this class.

Iron Maiden gets the shaft yet again. Boosheet
They don't want it. They've trashed the HoF publicly many times, specifically Bruce Dickinson. They know it's a joke and want no part of it.

Ya know, I don't really have a problem with Missy Elliot getting in. But if Missy is in, Maiden should've been in 20 years ago, Soundgarden & Alice in Chains should've been in at least 5 years ago and Korn should've been the headliner in this class.

You don't really need to make time but that seemed like a more appropriate GIF than the other one that came up in my search :noidea:

tiffany pollard knife GIF by RealityTVGIFs

They don't want it. They've trashed the HoF publicly many times, specifically Bruce Dickinson. They know it's a joke and want no part of it.
Dickinson is right. And other elite bands will continue to trash it right along with him until they get their shit straight. The Hall should put Maiden in whether Maiden wants it or not - along with other elite acts they've passed over for way too long.

They way I see it, if your face is on the "Mount Rushmore" of a popular genre of music, you damn sure are a HOFer. Maiden is absolutely on the Rushmore of Heavy Metal. Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax are on the Rushmore of Thrash Metal. Soundgarden and Alice in Chains are on the Rushmore of Grunge. Etc.

That's why I'm cool with Missy being in the Hall, she's on the Rushmore of Female Rappers.

Eddie, Alex, David and Michael are on the Mount Rushmore of all that is Holy.

Dickinson is right. And other elite bands will continue to trash it right along with him until they get their shit straight. The Hall should put Maiden in whether Maiden wants it or not - along with other elite acts they've passed over for way too long.

They way I see it, if your face is on the "Mount Rushmore" of a popular genre of music, you damn sure are a HOFer. Maiden is absolutely on the Rushmore of Heavy Metal. Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax are on the Rushmore of Thrash Metal. Soundgarden and Alice in Chains are on the Rushmore of Grunge. Etc.

That's why I'm cool with Missy being in the Hall, she's on the Rushmore of Female Rappers.

Are we talking about female rappers that soccer moms recognize? If so then there is probably no argument about that :wink:

(Of course those moms don't know shit about "real" heavy metal either, so it's all kinda the same problem :wink:)

Are we talking about female rappers that soccer moms recognize? If so then there is probably no argument about that :wink:

(Of course those moms don't know shit about "real" heavy metal either, so it's all kinda the same problem :wink:)
I wanted to "funny" and "100%" that post. Went with funny, but both apply. :thumb::yo:

Mainstream entities like the RnR HoF, Grammys, etc have always snubbed/ignored Metal bands. Remember when Jethro Tull beat Metallica's "And Justice For All" for metal album of the year?

To my knowledge the only two bands that can actually be described as metal that are in the HoF are Metallica and Black Sabbath. I think Metallica eventually got mainstream and popular enough that they could no longer ignore them.

I'm ok with Maiden not getting in, fuck the HoF. Maiden will just continue putting out great music, and selling out all over the world.

Mainstream entities like the RnR HoF, Grammys, etc have always snubbed/ignored Metal bands. Remember when Jethro Tull beat Metallica's "And Justice For All" for metal album of the year?

To my knowledge the only two bands that can actually be described as metal that are in the HoF are Metallica and Black Sabbath. I think Metallica eventually got mainstream and popular enough that they could no longer ignore them.

I'm ok with Maiden not getting in, fuck the HoF. Maiden will just continue putting out great music, and selling out all over the world.
It's interesting that Rage just got in, though. I like Rage, but what got them in? They're not really much more mainstream than Maiden. Rage went on hiatus for a long time and have only sold about 12 million over 4 albums while Maiden has sold 57 million over 17 albums. System of a Down has sold as many albums as Rage has with a similar career trajectory, but they're not even on the radar? Korn has sold 40 million records over 16 albums through the same era as RATM and they're not even on the radar? :noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

All 2023 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees​

Performer Category:
Kate Bush
Sheryl Crow
Missy Elliott
George Michael
Willie Nelson
Rage Against the Machine
The Spinners
Performer Category:
Kate Bush - better blow all the kids from stranger things for this one...
Sheryl Crow - fucked up her career hangin out with that pussy Kid Rock
Missy Elliott - I like this.. she changed up music videos for the masses
George Michael - fucking fag got me so much pussy when i was younger. he needs to be in
Willie Nelson - Love me some willie
Rage Against the Machine - who?
The Spinners - this one is good. glad to see them getting props

Performer Category:
Kate Bush - better blow all the kids from stranger things for this one...
Sheryl Crow - fucked up her career hangin out with that pussy Kid Rock
Missy Elliott - I like this.. she changed up music videos for the masses
George Michael - fucking fag got me so much pussy when i was younger. he needs to be in
Willie Nelson - Love me some willie
Rage Against the Machine - who?
The Spinners - this one is good. glad to see them getting props
Never understood the fascination some people have with Kate Bush. I've tried but it's a "meh" from me.
She's one of those that if people like her, they REEEEAAAAALLLLYYYY like her and try to convince you that she's some sort of genius.

They should change the name of this fucking thing.
Willie Nelson with his acoustic guitar that has giant holes in it because he never went electric and that’s all he played doesn’t scream rock and roll to you?

Willie Nelson with his acoustic guitar that has giant holes in it because he never went electric and that’s all he played doesn’t scream rock and roll to you?

His music doesn't. Because it's not.

And I like Willie Nelson.

cross eyed excuse me GIF