2023 Rock and Roll HOF nominees

And as for Jerry Reed, he’s the reason that I was dead set on being a finger picker when I started learning guitar. I’ll never be near that good, and I have to use banjo picks on my thumb, bird and ring finger

I can't hardly use a pick, it just feels way more natural to use my fingers. Sometimes I'll go halfway like Mama Carter and use a thumb pick. Or I'll start out with a flatpick and halfway through the song it's ended up between my teeth

I can't hardly use a pick, it just feels way more natural to use my fingers. Sometimes I'll go halfway like Mama Carter and use a thumb pick. Or I'll start out with a flatpick and halfway through the song it's ended up between my teeth
Picks feel weird to me too. The first instrument I ever picked up, and the one I still play the best is the fiddle, the whole concept of picking was harder for me to grasp than the chords and frets at first.

I've seen some really great bluegrass players just absolutely shred a fretboard
Had Jason Isbell not been on point too and had I not been in the presence of Willie Nelson, I’d say this guy stole the show at the concert I took my parents to for their 50th birthdays:

Had Jason Isbell not been on point too and had I not been in the presence of Willie Nelson, I’d say this guy stole the show at the concert I took my parents to for their 50th birthdays:

Yep, he's amazing, and one day will belong in the country music hall of Fame, but not the Rock 'n Roll

Why are there so many artists in the Rock Hall that aren't rock artists? Seriously, Dolly Parton? Why not just re-name it the Music Hall of Fame if they're not going to respect the title?

He Snowman in Smokey and the Bandit and the antagonist in the Waterboy. What hurts Roy and Jerry are they are seen more as entertainers than musicians, but both could play the fuck out of a guitar

I always thought that Kathy Bates was the antagonist in The Waterboy :noidea:

Why are there so many artists in the Rock Hall that aren't rock artists? Seriously, Dolly Parton? Why not just re-name it the Music Hall of Fame if they're not going to respect the title?
Where’s the line, who decides it, and what’s the point in drawing it? Does Bob Dylan belong in the “Rock Hall?” Johnny Cash?

Nah, that’s a finely tuned athletic machine

Gus Sorola Rt Podcast GIF by Rooster Teeth

Why isn't Emerson, Lake and Palmer in?

Can anyone here with a straight face honestly say they sit down and put that on and enjoy it? At least post a video of that song they did that people actually enjoy.

Can anyone here with a straight face honestly say they sit down and put that on and enjoy it? At least post a video of that song they did that people actually enjoy.
Progressive music like this was big when I was in High School (1975-1979). A lot of this we liked my friends and I. My friend was a drummer and loved Carl Palmer. They even had a progressive rock radio show in San Jose where I grew called Stone Trek Sunday nights 8-10 PM on KOME FM radio.

Progressive music like this was big when I was in High School (1975-1979). A lot of this we liked my friends and I. My friend was a drummer and loved Carl Palmer. They even had a progressive rock radio show in San Jose where I grew called Stone Trek Sunday nights 8-10 PM on KOME FM radio.
I got nothing against progressive rock in general, and not commenting on the talent of any of them, just that particular track, and any jam kind of wank off from progressive rock types, just get obnoxious really quick.

Last edited:
My favorite progressive music song and band. Sadly only one album with Bill Bruford and Allan Holdsworth. Holdsworth absolutely shreds in the middle of this.

I got nothing against progressive rock in general, and not commenting on the talent of any of them, just that particular track, and any jam kind of wank off from progressive rock types, just get obnoxious really quick.
I would say I am more of a jam band fan, but its cousin, good prog rock is hard to beat