Series Thread 2023 World Series

Didn't think they would make the playoffs - Moonwalked in with a 4 game losing streak
Didn't think they would beat the Brewers - Swept
Didn't think they would beat the Dodgers - Swept
Didn't think they would beat the Phillies - Game 7 clincher
Fuck you if you think I'm going the other way in the WS
Whats Up Hello GIF by Paul Windle

The Phoenix Valley is a giant melting pot. Most of the residents come from other sports backgrounds. The true AZ fans are pretty mellow with a few exceptions. Glad you had a good time.
My experience is everyone in AZ is a Cowboys fan. Should be Ranger fans too. :happy:

Wish it was starting tonight. Most I’ve ever looked forward to a WS that didn’t involve the Braves

I know exactly where I was for game 7 in 2001....in the Superdome watching Kyle Turley tear someone's helmet off and toss it 20 yards downfield

The amount of posters on this board with encyclopedic knowledge of the simpsons knows no bounds.... :hmm:

I don't know nuffin about no Simpsons and no baseball, I just have a grudge against the epileptic :wink: :laugh:

A world series where both participants lost 100+ games 2 years ago. That's amazing.

Do I root for former Mets superstar Tommy Pham, or former Mets superstar Travis Jankowski to get their ring?

Scherzer can go piss up a rope

Do I root for former Mets superstar Tommy Pham, or former Mets superstar Travis Jankowski to get their ring?

Scherzer can go piss up a rope
deGrom would get a ring too if the Rangers win

I’m pulling for Arizona, but wouldn’t be upset if Texas won.

If I were in your shoes, I’d pull for Texas though. They saved the Mets from themselves when they signed deGrom and actually gave y’all a top prospect for a washed up Max Scherzer

deGrom would get a ring too if the Rangers win

I’m pulling for Arizona, but wouldn’t be upset if Texas won.

If I were in your shoes, I’d pull for Texas though. They saved the Mets from themselves when they signed deGrom and actually gave y’all a top prospect for a washed up Max Scherzer
Both are good options. Just as long as cheating bastard Astros aren't in, it's cool.

Both are good options. Just as long as cheating bastard Astros aren't in, it's cool.
Astros are always my preference if the Braves can’t win.

Plus, I think there’s two members of their 2017 lineup still with team with one being cleared of any wrong doing

Astros are always my preference if the Braves can’t win.

Plus, I think there’s two members of their 2017 lineup still with team with one being cleared of any wrong doing
No championship counts for that team, until everyone involved admits cheating for the 2017 World Season and the surrounding seasons. Altuve should be permanently banned from baseball and any commemorative rings should all be melted down and molded into a statue of Mike Fiers that has to sit in the middle of center field forever.

No championship counts for that team, until everyone involved admits cheating for the 2017 World Season and the surrounding seasons. Altuve should be permanently banned from baseball and any commemorative rings should all be melted down and molded into a statue of Mike Fiers that has to sit in the middle of center field forever.
Mike Fiers is a rat and a piece of shit.

Astros just got caught doing what every other team does