March Madnes 2024 CBB Selection Show Thread 6pm ET CBS

oh and also putting this here:

bet against the MWC. biggest frauds in ALL OF SPORTS

Big east shut out on the bubble.

Kinda surprised considering the top 3 were well respected. Figured that would get Hall in at least
All of the upsets moved them down the line.

I'd still take Seton Hall over a couple of teams. But the chaos of championship week really did them in.

Iowa State should have been the fourth #1 over UNC. then the committee pairs them up with UConn, LOL

the committee not caring about championship week is bullshit. the conference tournaments made college basketball what it is today. it's your job to work overtime, you fatty fucks.
I think Iowa States 324th ranked non conference SOS hurt them. Still shouldn’t have been paired with UCONN though

New Mexico, probably the best team, got the worst seed. Lol. I don't expect Utah State to beat TCU. Nevada/Dayton is a toss-up.

Considering Uconn can't play marquette and Creighton I think they did OK.

I think the 2s are roughly equal and Illinois is the weakest 3

The MWC got twice as many bids as the Big East and the narrative is about how the MWC got screwed LOL

The MWC got twice as many bids as the Big East and the narrative is about how the MWC got screwed LOL

Their seedings don't make a lot of sense to me. They all basically have about the same resume, and they are ranging from the 5 seed to 11 seed. I only put SDSU as a 5 bc of the reveal and New Mexico a 10 bc I didn't think they'd take winning the tournament into account. Which was correct bc they wouldn't have even made it otherwise.

Early Betting Lines:

First Four:
Colorado State (-1.5) vs. Virginia
Colorado (-2.5) vs. Boise State

First Round:

Northwestern vs. FAU (-1.5)
Mississippi State vs. Michigan State (-1.5)
Oregon vs. South Carolina (-1.5)
Drake vs. Washington State (-1.5)
Dayton vs. Nevada (-1.5)
Clemson vs. New Mexico (-2.5)
Texas A&M vs. Nebraska (-3.5)
Utah State vs. TCU (-3.5)
NC State vs. Texas Tech (-5.5)
McNeese vs. Gonzaga (-5.5)
Grand Canyon vs. St. Mary's (-5.5)
Duquesne vs. BYU (-7.5)
UAB vs. San Diego State (-7.5)
Samford vs. Kansas (-8.5)
Charleston vs. Alabama (-10.5)
Vermont vs. Duke (-11.5)
Akron vs. Creighton (-12.5)
Yale vs. Auburn (-12.5)
Morehead State vs. Illinois (-13.5)
Oakland vs. Kentucky (-13.5)
Colgate vs. Baylor (-13.5)
Western Kentucky vs. Marquette (-14.5)
South Dakota State vs. Iowa State (-16.5)
St. Peter's vs. Tennessee (-19.5)
Long Beach State vs. Arizona (-20.5)
Longwood vs. Houston (-22.5)
Stetson vs. UConn (-26.5)

Their seedings don't make a lot of sense to me. They all basically have about the same resume, and they are ranging from the 5 seed to 11 seed. I only put SDSU as a 5 bc of the reveal and New Mexico a 10 bc I didn't think they'd take winning the tournament into account. Which was correct bc they wouldn't have even made it otherwise.

SDSU and FAU seem to have gotten a boost to their seeding because they made the FF last year.

Told ya. It's been this way for the last couple of seasons. Just go to the bracket predictions site a week before champion week. Whoever is on the right side of the bubble, that's who will be in. There is no playing your way in or out unless some clear non-tourney team goes and wins their league's autobid. You can complete ignore Lunardi (well you can ignore him all the time) and others talking about "This team is playing their way into the bubble with a good conference run!". No. No they aren't. The bracket is basically set a week before the regular season actually ends.
I partly agree but I think A&M played their way in. Or at least up.

Pitt and St. John's have declined the NIT

So.... both Nebraska men's and women's basketball draws Texas A&M.

This is purposeful.

UVA and Sparty making this is laughable.

Also was anyone else kind of surprised that Clemson got in as a 6?

Pitt and St. John's have declined the NIT

It's the smart thing to do. Focus 100% of all time and resources on Portal recruiting. The NIT has been a joke for a long time and now under the NIL Portal era, its a complete waste of time.

All of the upsets moved them down the line.

I'd still take Seton Hall over a couple of teams. But the chaos of championship week really did them in.
From my perspective they ignored championship week.