19Coastal Carolina18-613
20UC Irvine17-324
21Mississippi State17-821
22NC State15-7NR
23Kansas State17-6NR
24Kentucky20-4NR
25Oklahoma14-917
Dropped Out: TCU, Campbell, Auburn, UC Santa Barbara

The first Pre-season Top 25 rankings is out.

Nebraska is now a ranked team

UNC plates 11 runs through first 3 innings and still loses to UVa, 14-11. :dhd:

UNC plates 11 runs through first 3 innings and still loses to UVa, 14-11. :dhd:
Thursday night ACC games have been a blood bath this year. Was freezing in last nights game, and pitching still had no chance.

lel at Jexas and their shit-tastic baseball season. 55th in the RPI and just lost the opener to the 119th in RPI. :pound:

lel at Jexas and their shit-tastic baseball season. 55th in the RPI and just lost the opener to the 119th in RPI. :pound:
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think my favorite thing about ESPN+, other than the sheer amount of college baseball I can watch, is getting the home team announcers. These SCar announcers sound like someone just beat their puppy. So pissy.

can we just FFW to the end of the season so we can fire Pierce and hire someone else?

can we just FFW to the end of the season so we can fire Pierce and hire someone else?

hmmm???

Pierce has 3 CWS appearances, a Super Regional appearance, and one Regional appearance in 7 years. One of those 7 years being a (cancelled) covid year, so 3 CWS appearances, a Super Regional appearance, and a Regional appearance in 6 years.

I wouldn't put much stock in the Regional appearance, but 3 CWS appearances and a Super Regional (last year) is nothing to scoff at.
So he hasn't won an NC (yet)?

Y'all got spoiled with Augie's 2 CWS championships, but that took him 20 years to achieve and his last NC was in 2005.
As a matter of fact Augie's last 6 years had just 2 CWS appearances and one Regional. 3 Years of no post season.
Augie was one of the best and a Hall of Famer as a coach.

Outside of Augie's NC, and Pierce's covid year, their first 7 years are very similar.

The SEC's certainly gonna be a tougher road, but they'll get 6 or 7 teams into Regionals.

i.e. Be careful what you wish for. Just sayin'.

hmmm???

Pierce has 3 CWS appearances, a Super Regional appearance, and one Regional appearance in 7 years. One of those 7 years being a (cancelled) covid year, so 3 CWS appearances, a Super Regional appearance, and a Regional appearance in 6 years.

I wouldn't put much stock in the Regional appearance, but 3 CWS appearances and a Super Regional (last year) is nothing to scoff at.
So he hasn't won an NC (yet)?

Y'all got spoiled with Augie's 2 CWS championships, but that took him 20 years to achieve and his last NC was in 2005.
As a matter of fact Augie's last 6 years had just 2 CWS appearances and one Regional. 3 Years of no post season.
Augie was one of the best and a Hall of Famer as a coach.

Outside of Augie's NC, and Pierce's covid year, their first 7 years are very similar.

The SEC's certainly gonna be a tougher road, but they'll get 6 or 7 teams into Regionals.

i.e. Be careful what you wish for. Just sayin'.
SEC is possibly getting 11 teams in this year. They'll likely get atleast 9-10 teams every year.

Augie Garrido: First 6 years at tejas = 61.35 winning %

David Pierce: First 6 years at tejas = 64.65 winning %
(I tossed the covid year)

Off with Pierce's head tho? :headscratch:

SEC is possibly getting 11 teams in this year. They'll likely get atleast 9-10 teams every year.

Not seeing 11 when accounting for all the auto-bids.

There's still a lot of season for the SEC to beat each other up in-conference. They got 6 in last year and their 7 and 8 were probably good enough to win the Big 10 or at least put up a good fight for it.

The Big 10 might get 2 teams into Regionals and 3 on a good year. That likely improves with the addition of USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington.
USC needs to wake the fuck up. They've been down far too long for a blueblood. They haven't made the CWS since 2001 and haven't even made Regionals in 8 years. They're a sleeping giant IMO.

To put Big 10 baseball into perspective, Rutgers got left out with 44 wins in 2022 due to RPI.
Any SEC, ACC, PAC, or Big 12 team with 44 wins is In Like Flint.

Not seeing 11 when accounting for all the auto-bids.

There's still a lot of season for the SEC to beat each other up in-conference. They got 6 in last year and their 7 and 8 were probably good enough to win the Big 10 or at least put up a good fight for it.

The Big 10 might get 2 teams into Regionals and 3 on a good year. That likely improves with the addition of USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington.
USC needs to wake the fuck up. They've been down far too long for a blueblood. They haven't made the CWS since 2001 and haven't even made Regionals in 8 years. They're a sleeping giant IMO.

To put Big 10 baseball into perspective, Rutgers got left out with 44 wins in 2022 due to RPI.
Any SEC, ACC, PAC, or Big 12 team with 44 wins is In Like Flint.
Its all about that RPI. SEC has 12 teams inside the top 35 in RPI. Beating up on each other doesn't matter as much as other leagues because its an RPI circle jerk. They've got a couple teams that need to heat up a bit, but 11 teams is not out of the realm of possibility. Also helps that the Pac and Big12 are not as good this season.

Its all about that RPI. SEC has 12 teams inside the top 35 in RPI. Beating up on each other doesn't matter as much as other leagues because its an RPI circle jerk. They've got a couple teams that need to heat up a bit, but 11 teams is not out of the realm of possibility. Also helps that the Pac and Big12 are not as good this season.

We shall see I guess. Wins and Losses are components of RPI.

The cream will rise to the top.