March Madnes 2024 NCAA Tournament: Second Round

Duke hasn't beaten a higher seed in the NCAA tournament since 1994. They have only had five opportunities to do it since then, so not a huge sample size

Lol, that's a huge sample size, especially considering Duke is never seeded lower than 6. Is that true?

Lol, that's a huge sample size, especially considering Duke is never seeded lower than 6. Is that true?
Five games in a 30 year period is the epitome of small sample size.

Five games in a 30 year period is the epitome of small sample size.

Ok, it's not huge, but It's significant considering it means they're always a 2, 3, 4 and cannot beat a 1, 2 seed.

Ok, it's not huge, but It's significant considering it means they're always a 2, 3, 4 and cannot beat a 1, 2 seed.
They have an uncanny ability to have tougher opponents get snuffed out before reaching Duke. It's crazy some years.

man, i miss basketball already

Coming into this season there was a lot of talk about the Maui tournament being one of the best preseason tournaments ever

Well, 4 of the top 5 from that tourney are in the Sweet 16. With the 5th team KU not just dealing with brutal injuries but they were eliminated........by a Maui team.

Coming into this season there was a lot of talk about the Maui tournament being one of the best preseason tournaments ever

Well, 4 of the top 5 from that tourney are in the Sweet 16. With the 5th team KU not just dealing with brutal injuries but they were eliminated........by a Maui team.

Yea, I'd like to not see a repeat of Purdue beating Gonzaga and Tennessee again, so hopefully Creighton can get their mitts in there and advance

Yea, I'd like to not see a repeat of Purdue beating Gonzaga and Tennessee again, so hopefully Creighton can get their mitts in there and advance

Yeah it’s also crazy that it’s currently possible that Purdue does a repeat of their Maui path before a Uconn showdown for the title.

Cause Marquette could be their FF opponent too.

One of the greatest tweets ever tbh

Yeah it’s also crazy that it’s currently possible that Purdue does a repeat of their Maui path before a Uconn showdown for the title.

Cause Marquette could be their FF opponent too.

Assuming it happens, Houston would be a tough matchup for Marquette. They pound the boards, but you want to see it.

I think Duke-Marquette would be about how on point the Duke shooters are. Duke can easily beat themselves.

You never know what happens, but NC State is a favorable matchup. Ighodaro should own Burns.

Assuming it happens, Houston would be a tough matchup for Marquette. They pound the boards, but you want to see it.

I think Duke-Marquette would be about how on point the Duke shooters are. Duke can easily beat themselves.

You never know what happens, but NC State is a favorable matchup. Ighodaro should own Burns.

Yeah never lock anything in as a win. But even with the 7 game hot streak. Nc state is an ideal match up. Their D still hasn’t been good even in the wins like 83rd down from 100. Burns guarding the P n R against TK and Oso on paper should be a disaster.

I’m actually more worried about Duke than Houston tbh. Don’t have a great option for Filipowski and they have 3 guards capable of blacking out if we sell out on D to stop him.

Houston is a home game. They are very good. But they are banged up. Their rebounding actually isn’t a huge strength this year and they don’t have many bigs. My
Hope is Stevie locks down 1 guard. Kam is much less erratic than Cryer. And offensively I’ll bet on TK over Shead

Both very tough games, think I prefer Houston tho.

Yeah never lock anything in as a win. But even with the 7 game hot streak. Nc state is an ideal match up. Their D still hasn’t been good even in the wins like 83rd down from 100. Burns guarding the P n R against TK and Oso on paper should be a disaster.

I’m actually more worried about Duke than Houston tbh. Don’t have a great option for Filipowski and they have 3 guards capable of blacking out if we sell out on D to stop him.

Houston is a home game. They are very good. But they are banged up. Their rebounding actually isn’t a huge strength this year and they don’t have many bigs. My
Hope is Stevie locks down 1 guard. Kam is much less erratic than Cryer. And offensively I’ll bet on TK over Shead

Both very tough games, think I prefer Houston tho.
I've only seen about 1/2 dozen of Duke's games this year. But it seems to me that their games have gone however how those guards shoot it. That is true for a lot of teams...but it seems it is even more so for them. Maybe it is just the games I saw.

p
I've only seen about 1/2 dozen of Duke's games this year. But it seems to me that their games have gone however how those guards shoot it. That is true for a lot of teams...but it seems it is even more so for them. Maybe it is just the games I saw.
Ive seen most all of Duke’s games and there has been one constant. That’s at least one of those guards have been injured. Roach was hurt early in the season and missed about three games. Proctor was out for a couple weeks. And now Foster is out for the rest of the season. McCain is healthy and Roach dislocated a finger against JMU. He’s still expected to play when they face Houston. But this is about as healthy as they’ve been all season. And when they are all playing they will be a tough out.