March Madnes 2024 NCAA Tournament: Second Round

they haven't beaten a higher/better seeded team the entire tournament. but that is the norm for them. San Diego State and a bunch of dwarves.

Taylor for Texas A&M is horrible. 37% FG for the season and he has the green light to shoot it from anywhere. wtf is Buzz doing.
Fucking figures he had the game of his damn life Friday vs Nebraska :tsk:

lol at Buzz taking TO as player was driving towards hoop

they haven't beaten a higher/better seeded team the entire tournament. but that is the norm for them. San Diego State and a bunch of dwarves.

Taylor for Texas A&M is horrible. 37% FG for the season and he has the green light to shoot it from anywhere. wtf is Buzz doing.

Lmao. Yeah, I'm not sure what Buzz was doing there. Houston tried to give this game to A&M.

Duke vs. NC State with a FF berth on the line would be pretty freaking incredible.

All the 1s and 2s made it to the Sweet 16, which is somewhat rare.

Iowa St. and Stanford women have gone to overtime.

This has probably been the worst tournament I can remember. Outside of Oakland and Jack Goelke, and the ending of Yale/Auburn, the tournament has been pretty meh. Even when lower seeded teams have won, the games weren't all that good.

Yeah. Definitely the most blowouts I can remember seeing in a long time too

Fucking figures he had the game of his damn life Friday vs Nebraska :tsk:
I said Baylor, A&M and Bama would have tough 3 point shooting nights Sunday because everything they shot from downtown in Friday’s game went in.

This has probably been the worst tournament I can remember. Outside of Oakland and Jack Goelke, and the ending of Yale/Auburn, the tournament has been pretty meh. Even when lower seeded teams have won, the games weren't all that good.
the tournament since 2012 has been unhinged. 16's over 1's, 15's over 2's, 14's over 3's, etc. 11 seeds have a winning record against 6's (!) in that time frame.

With the portal, high major teams have become more experienced. i would assume that would negate an advantage the mid and low majors had over them in the tournament. interesting that really hasn't had an impact until (maybe! not sure if this is the reason) now.

we still had 14 Yale over 3 Auburn, 11 Duquesne over 6 BYU, 12 Grand Canyon over 5 Saint Mary's, 12 James Madison over 5 Wisconsin, 14 Oakland over 3 Kentucky, 11 NC State in the Sweet 16 and 11 Oregon over 6 South Carolina. That's a solid number of upsets. Couple of blowouts in there, but it happens.

i still think it's been a fun tournament, even though yesterday did somewhat suck. it just hasn't been the same unhinged stuff we have seen in the past decade. has more in common with the tournament of 15-30 years ago. think we have been spoiled with how bonkers the tournament has been recently.

that performance cost Houston it's top rated defense. Iowa State is now #1 in defense on KP.

UConn has increased the gap between themselves and the rest of the field.

speaking of UConn, i noticed that UConn poster that used to constantly complain about the refs only posts on Euro hoop now. weird.

Even more chalk than I thought. Twelve #1-#4 seeds, two #5 seeds, one #6 seed and one #11 seed.

Cinderella died. NC State ain’t a Cinderella.

I don't know what you idiots are talking about. This tournament has been the best since 2018. Give this man the extension!

brad brownell GIF by Clemson Tigers

There were some pretty close games.

Sometimes it just matters how the games set up.

I didn't catch some of the closer games until the end because I was watching the Big East games.

The standalone Sat/Sun games are a killer tho. Except for the Marquette game, they pretty much sucked.

They need to do away with the standalone.