March Madnes 2024 NCAA Tournament: Second Round

Not the best second round in terms of tight games, this battle of Texas could be good tho
much closer game than I anticipated.

The gap between UConn, Houston and everyone else is pretty large.

Northwestern figured out the UConn defense but about 30 minutes too late

This is far from the first time a conference had a down year, got few into the tournament, and did something like four in the sweet 16. Nobody thought Clemson would win a game and NC State got hot at the right time. Thus far, the conference has beaten a 6, 14, 16, 9, 13, 12, 11, and 3. It's not called March madness for nothing. Draws play a huge part of the craziness.
Matchups and health has a lot to do with it.

Houston's Defense is just contagious ugly.

We play ugly and brick 3s, and therefore you will too.

its a Sunday and we're going to have a game tip off after 10:00 eastern time. The way they spread out the Saturday + Sunday games are bullshit for TV viewers.

Virginia Tech women's team is about to lose in the Round of 32 because their best player got hurt before the ACC tournament. and i hate myself a little bit for knowing that much about lesbian basketball
At least @Hu War Yu can rub one off to the Bailor women winning

Virginia Tech women's team is about to lose in the Round of 32 because their best player got hurt before the ACC tournament. and i hate myself a little bit for knowing that much about lesbian basketball

I think rmilla has been converted...

I think rmilla has been converted...
those Iowa people love it

i went to the Virginia Tech/Miami game at the ACCT and I was not entertained. i don't care they play below the rim, but the shot making was horrendous.

comical, because none of this has to do with my original post. MWC and the Big 12 gamed the current system this year with their OOC scheduling. They were able to enhance their Q1/Q2 opportunities during the conference season this way. That's the gripe. not the "The ACC is big and bad because they were able to seize the opportunity in a single elimination tournament." The ACC's results in the tournament relative to the Big 12 and MWC is still noteworthy. especially since NCSU and Clemson are 3-0 against those conferences.

Texas had *two* wins against the final NCAAT field. Two! but they earned a #7 seed.

The B12 was littered with terrible OOC schedules but out of the MWC top 7, only New Mexico and Nevada played what I would consider a bad OOC. Boise, CSU, and SDSU all had very difficult OOC schedules. Like I said earlier, CSU made the field because of their quality work OOC. The same reason Clemson was a 6 seed, was the same reason CSU made the field.

Nebraska's defense is even worse than I thought. Taylor is horrendous

This has probably been the worst tournament I can remember. Outside of Oakland and Jack Goelke, and the ending of Yale/Auburn, the tournament has been pretty meh. Even when lower seeded teams have won, the games weren't all that good.

Texas A&M has missed 14 FT's. So far.