2024 NFL Non-Playoff Teams All Time Draft : CHIT CHAT

I dislike 9ers less so my pick a little biased

I don't like either team so at least my pick isn't homer based lol. I think KC beats the Niners
First off, how dare you. Lol

This is the Niners best chance of all their recent opportunities. So hopefully they can pull off the win. No predictions from me for superstition purposes.

First off, how dare you. Lol

This is the Niners best chance of all their recent opportunities. So hopefully they can pull off the win. No predictions from me for superstition purposes.
Niners have the better talent overall no doubt. But the Chiefs have Mahomes and y'all don't

Billy Gardell Reaction GIF by CBS
Niners have the better talent overall no doubt. But the Chiefs have Mahomes and y'all don't

On the projection to be the GOAT. He is just a winner. Niners let him stick around, had chances to get out to a two score lead and failed.

Still crazy that Brady had basically no mobility, his footwork in the pocket was phenomenal, just like Peyton.

It will be interesting how long Reid coaches. I think if he sticks around they will win a lot of SB's but if he leaves it will be a huge change and could change Mahomes projection. Either way he will likely be a top 2 QB of all-time when it is all said and done. Almost a guarantee.

My GOAT QB takes are contrarian and piss people off (Brady dick suckers) because I think people obsess over rings way too much and I just judge it off who the best individual player is. Anyone with eyes can clearly see Mahomes is better than Brady. He has enough rings. He's the best QB of all time. Oh and he surpassed Peyton Manning as the GOAT not Brady. Go debate a wall lol

My GOAT QB takes are contrarian and piss people off (Brady dick suckers) because I think people obsess over rings way too much and I just judge it off who the best individual player is. Anyone with eyes can clearly see Mahomes is better than Brady. He has enough rings. He's the best QB of all time. Oh and he surpassed Peyton Manning as the GOAT not Brady. Go debate a wall lol
I hate Brady too but if you are saying Mahomes is better it is based mainly on talent. If that is the case, Marino is a top 2 QB of all-time.

Brady was a winner. He made some ridiculous, phenomenal throws throughout his career in crucial moments.

A couple other factors. They played in different eras.

Brady played in an era where you could play defense and QB's actually got hit and weren't protected like a pampered shih tzu .
QB's have no reason to be scared to take a hit anymore.

Brady also played more elite QB's as of right now compared to Mahomes career. I mean it isn't even close. Brady played Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson (prime), Stafford (prime), Big Ben, Luck.

Mahomes has played Josh Allen (who seems to have a Rivers projection) and a RB playing QB, Lamar. The QB's seem to be watered down and yes, Mahomes, does make talented guys look average but there were many QB's in Brady's era. Manning, the guy you listed, as GOAT. Brady beatdown year in and year out.

I hate Brady too but if you are saying Mahomes is better it is based mainly on talent. If that is the case, Marino is a top 2 QB of all-time.

Brady was a winner. He made some ridiculous, phenomenal throws throughout his career in crucial moments.

A couple other factors. They played in different eras.

Brady played in an era where you could play defense and QB's actually got hit and weren't protected like a pampered shih tzu .
QB's have no reason to be scared to take a hit anymore.

Brady also played more elite QB's as of right now compared to Mahomes career. I mean it isn't even close. Brady played Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson (prime), Stafford (prime), Big Ben, Luck.

Mahomes has played Josh Allen (who seems to have a Rivers projection) and a RB playing QB, Lamar. The QB's seem to be watered down and yes, Mahomes, does make talented guys look average but there were many QB's in Brady's era. Manning, the guy you listed, as GOAT. Brady beatdown year in and year out.
The illegal contact rule changed in 2004 so he played most of his career with the same rules as Mahomes. That's the rule that matters. And Mahomes has won three rings already so how is he not a winner? Brady is just more of a winner? That makes no sense. Both are winners and Mahomes is clearly better at everything that has to do with quarterbacking

Brady did not beat down Manning year in and year out that's just narrative based nonsense. If you want to play the QB winzzz game Manning was 3-2 H2H against Brady in the playoffs. I don't care that Brady had a 10 times better defense than Manning every year, had a kicker make every clutch kick and was able to get a million breaks go his way every postseason.

2001 they knew every Rams play and should never have been there with the tuck rule BS and obviously he was just a game manager early in his career anyways. 2014 obviously Seattle fucked top but I'm sure it was Brady that magically made them not give the ball to Lynch. 2016 the Falcons have the greatest choke in the history of the league and the pass to Edelman on the game tying drive should have been intercepted and was the luckiest play I've maybe ever seen. 2018 he scored a grand total of 13 points against the Rams and they should have never been there to begin with as the refs blew a clear fumble in the AFC Championship dead against the Jaguars that would have ended the game and sent them to the Super Bowl. And against KC in the Super Bowl the Chiefs were literally starting four backup offensive linemen they never had a legit chance.

So because all that BS happened I"m supposed to ignore what my eyes and the numbers tell me that Manning was the better QB? Go compare Manning and Brady's playoff stats and you're not going to find much difference. Tom Brady has a lower passer rating in the playoffs than Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow.

And as for the competition argument Brady played in a brutal division with awful franchises his entire career that gave him a huge edge in the playoffs with home field every season.

2002- Chiefs traded Tyreek, had a below average defense and he suffered a high ankle sprain in the divisional round. Still won the Super Bowl
2023- Mahomes saw his WRs lead the league in drops, his OTs lead the league in penalties, suffered six losses, on the road in back to back weeks in the playoffs and were down 10 in the Super Bowl and down in OT against the best roster in the league. Still won

What's it going to take to beat Mahomes lol

I agree with this 100%. There is the accomplishment GOAT, which Brady runs away with. The best QB I've ever seen was Dan Marino. Dan was so much better than any other great QB of his era, it was a joke. The one thing Mahomes has going for him over Dan is his ability to run, which Mahomes is so good at, it probably swings it his way for me.
It's the reason why MJ will always be the hoops GOAT to me. I don't care if LBJ plays till he is 80, he can accumulate all the stats he wants, MJ was just better. In today's game, with today's nutrition, training, AAU ball, not to mention the church league rules on hand checks and fouls, MJ could average 50 a game today

The illegal contact rule changed in 2004 so he played most of his career with the same rules as Mahomes. That's the rule that matters. And Mahomes has won three rings already so how is he not a winner? Brady is just more of a winner? That makes no sense. Both are winners and Mahomes is clearly better at everything that has to do with quarterbacking

Brady did not beat down Manning year in and year out that's just narrative based nonsense. If you want to play the QB winzzz game Manning was 3-2 H2H against Brady in the playoffs. I don't care that Brady had a 10 times better defense than Manning every year, had a kicker make every clutch kick and was able to get a million breaks go his way every postseason.

2001 they knew every Rams play and should never have been there with the tuck rule BS and obviously he was just a game manager early in his career anyways. 2014 obviously Seattle fucked top but I'm sure it was Brady that magically made them not give the ball to Lynch. 2016 the Falcons have the greatest choke in the history of the league and the pass to Edelman on the game tying drive should have been intercepted and was the luckiest play I've maybe ever seen. 2018 he scored a grand total of 13 points against the Rams and they should have never been there to begin with as the refs blew a clear fumble in the AFC Championship dead against the Jaguars that would have ended the game and sent them to the Super Bowl. And against KC in the Super Bowl the Chiefs were literally starting four backup offensive linemen they never had a legit chance.

So because all that BS happened I"m supposed to ignore what my eyes and the numbers tell me that Manning was the better QB? Go compare Manning and Brady's playoff stats and you're not going to find much difference. Tom Brady has a lower passer rating in the playoffs than Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow.

And as for the competition argument Brady played in a brutal division with awful franchises his entire career that gave him a huge edge in the playoffs with home field every season.
Illegal contact is only one rule in a domino effect where we are now watching flag football.

Okay...so Brady did not dominate Peyton. Peyton lost to inferior talent, if he is your GOAT he should beat guys that were inferior and their teams were inferior. He lost a lot of playoff games he should have won. Losing against the Saints is a perfect example and they lost bc of his mistake. Those were the kind of mistakes Brady did not make.

Sounds like a lot of excuses. I get the Brady hate but at this point after 7 SB wins, it gets kinda old.

Mahomes is the most talented QB ever but sustained success matters. I don't doubt he will one day be GOAT but right now, there is no way he is GOAT.

2002- Chiefs traded Tyreek, had a below average defense and he suffered a high ankle sprain in the divisional round. Still won the Super Bowl
2023- Mahomes saw his WRs lead the league in drops, his OTs lead the league in penalties, suffered six losses, on the road in back to back weeks in the playoffs and were down 10 in the Super Bowl and down in OT against the best roster in the league. Still won

Tom Brady is what it takes

KC was top 5 offense and top 10 defense and got destroyed by Brady and the Bucs.

But the gap between Mahomes and any other QB is so great right now it is a fucking joke. Part of that is Mahomes obviously, he is a freak but QB talent and greatness compared to when Brady was playing is down imo. Especially since Brady had to face Manning and Big Ben. Both those guys were winners. Best guy Mahomes faces is a born loser and a RB at QB.

I can agree with Mahomes becoming GOAT but not as we speak. That is taking away all the accomplishments of Brady over his entire career which is completely unfair.

Give me a fucking break.

These were Brady's weapons when he won his first SB LOL.

Mahomes had the best TE ever for his entire career up to this point. Cry me a fucking river

1707765027135.png

And his weapons for his 2nd SB
1707765104559.png

Tom Brady is what it takes

KC was top 5 offense and top 10 defense and got destroyed by Brady and the Bucs.

But the gap between Mahomes and any other QB is so great right now it is a fucking joke. Part of that is Mahomes obviously, he is a freak but QB talent and greatness compared to when Brady was playing is down imo. Especially since Brady had to face Manning and Big Ben. Both those guys were winners. Best guy Mahomes faces is a born loser and a RB at QB.

I can agree with Mahomes becoming GOAT but not as we speak. That is taking away all the accomplishments of Brady over his entire career which is completely unfair.
Lol that's BS. They were not a top 5 offense with four backup offensive linemen in the Super Bowl. They were literally playing with four guards and a center. That was the only game that season where all injuries to the line hit at the same time. I would have love to have seen what Brady looked like with four backup OL but the horseshoe up his ass would never allow for that.

It may look like excuses but excuses are reality. Call it whatever you want but everything I said is what happened and required an insane amount of luck in those instances. The NFL playoffs are one game sample sizes and allow for luck to be factored in majorly. People don't like hearing it but it is what it is. You say the Colts lost against the Saints because of Peyton's mistake and that Brady would never do that. He did do it against the Falcons. By some miracle Edelman caught that ball and it was not picked off. But it will never be remembered.

The best TE of all time played for Brady lol and Mahomes literally just won a Super Bowl with fucking Mecole Hardman and Justin Watson as his leading WRs in the Super Bowl. Why would I care who Brady had as weapons in his first Super Bowl when he threw for 150 yards? The offense had little to nothing to do with them winning the game.

And you've mentioned nothing about the eye test. Fact of the matter is Brady always had wide open players because of New England's superior coaching. They would scheme up the Wes Welker's and Edelman's of the world on all these shallow crossers and option routes and they are always open for easy throws. He would just take a three step drop and get rid of it to a wide open player just dink and dunk all day. Sorry it just never impressed me watching Mahomes is like watching a whole different game.

Last edited:
Lol that's BS. They were not a top 5 offense with four backup offensive linemen in the Super Bowl. They were literally playing with four guards and a center. That was the only game that season where all injuries to the line hit at the same time. I would have love to have seen what Brady looked like with four backup OL but the horseshoe up his ass would never allow for that.

It may look like excuses but excuses are reality. Call it whatever you want but everything I said is what happened and required an insane amount of luck in those instances. The NFL playoffs are one game sample sizes and allow for luck to be factored in majorly. People don't like hearing it but it is what it is. You say the Colts lost against the Saints because of Peyton's mistake and that Brady would never do that. He did do it against the Falcons. By some miracle Edelman caught that ball and it was not picked off. But it will never be remembered.

The best TE of all time played for Brady lol and Mahomes literally just won a Super Bowl with fucking Mecole Hardman and Justin Watson as his leading WRs in the Super Bowl. Why would I care who Brady had as weapons in his first Super Bowl when he threw for 150 yards? The offense had little to nothing to do with them winning the game.

And you've mentioned nothing about the eye test. Fact of the matter is Brady always had wide open players because of New England's superior coaching. They would scheme up the Wes Welker's and Edelman's of the world on all these shallow crossers and option routes and they are always open for easy throws. He would just take a three step drop and get rid of it to a wide open player just dink and dunk all day. Sorry it just never impressed me watching Mahomes is like watching a whole different game.
Brady got beat by Eli Manning twice. He is a great QB, but it's not like he was blowing teams off the map.
What really impressed me about Mahomes is seeing how much they have lost on offense, and how he remade himself from someone who pushed the ball downfield to someone who takes what the D gives him. The only way to apples to apples Mahomes vs Brady is to look at each guy through season 6. Pretty Damn close there