Nebraska Cornhuskers 2024 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

They're... Not correct.

Examples?

Are there names on there that are not (or no longer) on the roster?

You'd said something earlier to the effect that collectives are paying some players tuition, books, board, per diem, etc. like an actual scholarship would.

Did I understand that correctly, and is that why they wouldn't be considered to be on scholarship?

Examples?

Are there names on there that are not (or no longer) on the roster?

You'd said something earlier to the effect that collectives are paying some players tuition, books, board, per diem, etc. like an actual scholarship would.

Did I understand that correctly, and is that why they wouldn't be considered to be on scholarship?

Yes, there's multiple guys on "NIL Assist Scholarship"

For instance - Piper is currently not on athletic scholarship, he is on medical hardship and he likely won't come back. that was a career ending injury.

Also, Xander Ruggeroli himself said he was coming as a walk-on but we know that he is getting NIL money as well and that's what opening up a spot for him in the class. Same with Koch at Punter.

There's also a lot of 5th and 6th year senior guys that have transitioned to NIL exclusively to open up room on the roster. I'm working on vetting some numbers but it's hard to nail down. Suffice it to say, we are not at 102 scholarships or anywhere close right now.

So far they've released 32-15.. Dylan Raiola not in it yet. But that's no surprise. He was #2 prior to this final release so the question is probably where he will end up in the Top 5 more than anything

247Sports will be releasing their final Top 247 at 4pm CST

Final Top 247 released just now, show going on on their YouTube Channel

Down to the final 10... No Dylan yet... So he's at least a Top 10 QB, will be interesting to see if he's in the Top 5, I think that was a question coming into the final releasing.

Down to the final 10... No Dylan yet... So he's at least a Top 10 QB, will be interesting to see if he's in the Top 5, I think that was a question coming into the final releasing.
Dylan is #7

Dylan Riaola checks in at #7 in the final Top 247... the #2 overall QB... dropped from #2 to #7.

DJ Lagway gets the #1 QB rating despite, admittedly, according to the guys on YouTube he is not as good a QB as either Sayin or Raiola

:headscratch:, makes total sense.

He's athletic and fast and has gotten better as a passer. In their words, he has the highest ceiling... which is... whatever. His comp is Anthony Richardson who I think really wasn't that good in college and Indianapolis got better without him at QB IMO