Nebraska Cornhuskers 2024 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

Okay I gotta buy much more Cornhead lager - message received!!

Die was N before he even stepped on campus. You can tell.

A few updates on Sunday Night...

1. Banks is possibly N - sounds like an announcement will be made tomorrow at some point.

2. Stefon Johnson... it's a battle between FSU and Nebraska... crazy right? Here's the question... does he want to be an edge rusher at FSU or a MLB at Nebraska in a system he already knows? This one will be interesting to watch. Before FSU got involved I thought Nebraska was a shoe-in

A few updates on Sunday Night...

1. Banks is possibly N - sounds like an announcement will be made tomorrow at some point.

2. Stefon Johnson... it's a battle between FSU and Nebraska... crazy right? Here's the question... does he want to be an edge rusher at FSU or a MLB at Nebraska in a system he already knows? This one will be interesting to watch. Before FSU got involved I thought Nebraska was a shoe-in

Stephon *Thompson

You had me looking all over for a "Stephon Johnson" and all I was coming up with were WRs.

I do see you said 'MLB'.

Outside LB's in a 3-3-5 move up to play Edge Rusher.

Sorry about the last name error - I believe we're recruiting him to play MLB if he comes here.

According to On3 and a Florida State insider, Nebraska is favored to land Thompson as of this afternoon. Things could change but I am of the opinion Nebraska has a really good shot at securing commitments from both Thompson and Banks this week.

Last edited:
Portal surprise! In a good way! Remember Micah Mazzcua from last year's portal class? He ended up at UF... well... he didn't like it at UF. Almost left the team before the season, chose not to, well... he's left now and, Nebraska, where he was planning on going prior to the UF fiasco is the beneficiary. A year later than we thought, but, he's N...

HUGE guard that can play right away.

Talked with some people about numbers... I'll have a better idea of where things stand for the spring in a month or so, but, two people informed me that Mazzcua is likely an NIL scholarship which means he's technically a walk-on. Not sure if that's true or accurate but that's what I am being told.

Nebraska apparently not done adding to their 2024 class... People thought Ochoa was headed to Wyoming but Nebraska offers a PWO offer with NIL considerations and he takes it. This is a bit walk-on get for Nebraska.

Nebraska kicking the tires on a former Washington commit Keona Wilhite... he's a 4-star on Rivals, composite high 3-Star. Nebraska must be high on him because we technically do not have the numbers.

Nebraska kicking the tires on a former Washington commit Keona Wilhite... he's a 4-star on Rivals, composite high 3-Star. Nebraska must be high on him because we technically do not have the numbers.

Numbers are getting harder to figure with NIL involved. Who's on scholly, who's on nil, who the hell knows?

Numbers are getting harder to figure with NIL involved. Who's on scholly, who's on nil, who the hell knows?

True that... there's a few rules that can help to clarify for incoming guys, but after they are here a year all bets are off.

Dammit, I need to buy another case of….

IMG_0037.jpeg