Nebraska Cornhuskers 2024 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

Supposedly visiting Nebraska on Jan 5th.

Was just coming to post this... think this is all but a done deal. Visiting on Jan 5 and then I think he stays and enrolls for the spring semester.

Hey guys... looks to be an interesting visit weekend coming up. I'm sure everyone is away of Dowdell but there is more movement in the portal in Nebraska's favor. One on offense and one on defense (at least)... when things get to the end of the week I'll get more specific depending on if they actually visit.

Hey guys... looks to be an interesting visit weekend coming up. I'm sure everyone is away of Dowdell but there is more movement in the portal in Nebraska's favor. One on offense and one on defense (at least)... when things get to the end of the week I'll get more specific depending on if they actually visit.

Been wondering about that through the holidays.

Where are they at on schollies and how do they intend to get under the 85 limit?

My understanding is they're at 96 now and need to trim down to 85 by August.

giphy.gif

A 2* that originally signed with Wyoming, transferred to Tennessee, transferred to tejas, and is now back in the transfer portal?

Here are his offers out of high school.

1704238438570.png
Why is Nebraska even entertaining this chump? SMH

Been wondering about that through the holidays.

Where are they at on schollies and how do they intend to get under the 85 limit?

My understanding is they're at 96 now and need to trim down to 85 by August.

It's hard to quantify scholarships because of NIL... right now I have us at 94 scholarships BUT we could be as low as 84 depending on how things are shaking out NIL wise.

For instance... guys like Bullock and Isaiah Garcia-Castenada are likely on "NIL Scholarship" starting in the fall. IF IGC comes back (I assume he does).

Same with guys like Rahmir Johnson and Bryce Benhart - they could be NIL types partly because they are getting NIL anyway and since they've graduated they only need to take 6 graduate hours anyway so they can pay that with NIL funds and still make a living playing football. So the numbers are fungible.

giphy.gif

A 2* that originally signed with Wyoming, transferred to Tennessee, transferred to tejas, and is now back in the transfer portal?

View attachment 114157

I disagree

There's a reason Texas and every other major program wanted him coming out of Wyoming. Good route runner, great ball skills, decent speed. Tore his ACL in 2022 so I would be concerned about that and likely ask him to go through some drills during a visit to make sure he's as agile as he used to be but if that checks out I would be ecstatic.

At the end of signing day in February I'll give a thorough update on scholarship numbers... as always the 85 only matters by August so there's lots of time to get the numbers under control. That said.... the time you've all been waiting for... Transfer Portal Intel...

Well, here's the deal... I think Nebraska is looking to sew up the transfer class this weekend. I don't think they want multiple visit weekends. Get it done this weekend. I decided to wait till today for a few reasons, one of which, was that a few of the visits were in limbo but now they are solidified. Now, I will also say that Nebraska MIGHT entertain a few more transfers after this weekend, there's a certain DL from NDSU that I KNOW they would take but he's a luxury at this point. So who's on campus? I think you're gonna like it:

Dante Dowdell (RB - Oregon) - Dowdell was a part of the 2023 class and he played in 5 games at Oregon this year so he has 4 seasons to play 3 left. Dowdell was rated a composite 0.9424 out of High School and was the #134 rated player in the COUNTRY and #6 RB in the country in that class. Dowdell did not appreciate how he was used by Lanning and Co this past season and felt his pathway to playing time was limited at Oregon. Dowdell played against current Husker Malcom Hartzog but other than that has not very many connections. Dowdell is from Mississippi and visited Mississippi State as a possible destination in December but current knowledge is that he does not like Lebby's system as much as Nebraska's proposed system for NFL readiness. Chances are GOOD that Dowdell visits this weekend and, perhaps, just moves in. Chances of landing: 75% - (Dowdell is rated a 4-star transfer by 247Sports with a 90 rating)

Isaiah Neyor (WR - Texas) -
Neyor is a former transfer to Texas from Wyoming. While he did not do much at Texas his talent should not be disregarded. Neyor was one of the top rated transfers in the 2022 class after he WAS the Wyoming passing game in 2021. Wyoming threw for only 2,000 total yards in 2021 with Neyor hauling in nearly half of that yardage by himself with 878 yards on the season. He's a big bodied receiver with good hands and natural high pointing instincts. He tore his ACL heading into the 2022 season so couldn't crack the depth chart at Texas that season. Then, in 2023 Texas had one of the top 3 receiving rooms in the nation and rotated sparingly. Their top 3 receivers played 90% of their snaps. The biggest question with Neyor is... is he all the way back from that ACL tear? If so, he would be a steal out of the portal and have one year to play. Chances of landing: 75% (Not yet rated in current 247 Portal ratings)

Jahmal Banks (WR -Wake Forest) -
Banks is a known commodity in the ACC having caught over 600 yards for two seasons in a row for the Demon Deacons. Banks was open even more than his stats would suggest in 2023 as Wake dealt with horrific QB play for most of the season. Banks stands at 6'4" 205 pounds and has enough speed to keep defenses honest. He is also adept at high pointing the ball and has experience producing against some of the top defenses in the country. Banks hauled in 6 catches for 141 yards and 2 TDs against #5 Clemson in 2022 (with Sam Hartman as his QB). There's no shortage of suitors for Banks as both Michigan and Notre Dame have come calling. It's also with noting that Dylan Raiola is in town for the weekend and one of the major reasons Banks is visiting is because of him... read into that what you will. Chances of landing: 50% (Banks is rated a 4-star transfer by 247Sports with a 90 rating)

Xe'ree Alexander (LB - Idaho) -
Alexander led the Vandals in tackling this past season as a True Freshman with 75 tackles and was also voted a first team Freshman All-American at the FCS level after season's end. Alexander has no short list of suitors either. Ranging from UCF to Washington to Kansas one of the top LBers in the country will be visiting Nebraska this weekend. Alexander is an interesting story as he was set to enroll at Arizona State out of high school but due to a coaching change and lack of interest with the new staff was forced to sign with Idaho. With Eric Fields no longer on the team the need for LBer depth is there. Chances of landing: 65% (Not yet rated in current 247 Portal ratings)

Stefon Thompson (LB - Syracuse) -
Another Linebacker but a senior this time, Thompson knows Coach White well and has a career total of 169 tackles and 10.5 sacks for Syracuse in his career. Thompson could seem on the small side, standing at only 6'1" but he weighs nearly 250 lbs and would give Nebraska a run stopping replacement in the middle with only Bullock returning to a defense that relies heavily on LBers to stop the run. Thompson has received offers from Kansas State and Arizona State as well as a few others but his connection with White and familiarity with the 3-3-5 scheme seems like a match made in heaven. Chances of landing: 75% (not yet rated in current 247 Portal ratings)

I believe Nebraska's goal is to go 5 for 5 this weekend and then perhaps look for one more best available option in the portal whether that be a QB or someone on the DL or OL. I've been told 6 transfers is likely the limit for this class. I do believe they will take Banks and Neyor if possible, but prefer Banks of Neyor. They will also take Dowdell for sure and both linebackers. Gonna be interesting to watch this weekend!

Big Portal updates on the previous post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also, going to start the 2025 class thread here in a bit as there is a pretty big junior day weekend happening this weekend as well.

I guess Alexander is not coming

I know some aren't excited but this is a good addition. He's got the chops, we'll see if he's a WR1 or not. FWIW I think we have a good shot at Banks, Dowdell, and Thompson...

giphy.gif

View attachment 114157

Because that is someone Bo could get.:airquotes:

Dowdell is N - don't think we're done for the weekend either