2024 Recruiting Thread

Looks like a depth QB.. Which you need. I doubt he would be the only QB in that class even if Raiola wasn't in play
Puglisi is not ... Monken and Bobo are very high on him.

Raiola is totally generational and he would be the first pick, no question. But, NIL is going to get involved in that one and not sure UGA will play that if it is a Rashada type thing.

Puglisi is not ... Monken and Bobo are very high on him.

Raiola is totally generational and he would be the first pick, no question. But, NIL is going to get involved in that one and not sure UGA will play that if it is a Rashada type thing.
Raiola looks good but generational?? Ehhh

We already have a QB in the 2024 class, Puglisi.

Raiola would be the second in the class. Offering Jake Merklinger is kind of a plan B thing. The thought goes like this.

Puglisi says he is in Raiola or not. Not sure about that if it actually happens, so if Raiola doesn't come here, or if he does and Puglisi leaves, then we have a shot at Merklinger.

We didn't get a QB in this class but we are good with what we have.

Yeah I think that was Ohio States plan when they offered Kienholz this year. It was a depth thing but for some reason it upset Raiola and he decommitted. At least that was the scuttlebutt. I'm sure there was more behind the scenes

Yeah I think that was Ohio States plan when they offered Kienholz this year. It was a depth thing but for some reason it upset Raiola and he decommitted. At least that was the scuttlebutt. I'm sure there was more behind the scenes
he probably made the assessment that he would have less pressure at UGA because of the talent around him on both sides of the ball than at tOSU where Stroud was under the microscope the entire time he was starting. People would get mad at the defense but ultimately he was the one getting the blame or glory.

he probably made the assessment that he would have less pressure at UGA because of the talent around him on both sides of the ball than at tOSU where Stroud was under the microscope the entire time he was starting. People would get mad at the defense but ultimately he was the one getting the blame or glory.

When did Stroud get blame? Coaching and the defense got blame for Ohio States failures. Maybe at the very beginning of him starting but that's about it

Raiola looks good but generational?? Ehhh
Oh, yeah ... he's that good.

Keep in mind, we just won B2B NC with a walk-on because we have enough talent everywhere else to not need a generational type QB. And our QB room is loaded right now, one of them has to step up. But it would be nice to get one of these can't miss type of guys.

I don't see it.. Not sure if it what sets him apart from arch tbh.. He's definitely not Trevor Lawrence

When did Stroud get blame? Coaching and the defense got blame for Ohio States failures. Maybe at the very beginning of him starting but that's about it
You kidding me? People expected the offense to carry the team.. Should have seen Twitter during the UM game when the buckeyes offense went cold

You kidding me? People expected the offense to carry the team.. Should have seen Twitter during the UM game when the buckeyes offense went cold

Clog Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Sorry, next time I'll just consult with you

Sorry, next time I'll just consult with you

Not on Twitter, but my family (both immediate and extended) is made up of a bunch of die hard Ohio State fans, I'm on here, and peruse the 11warriors forums (don't post bc too much blatant homerism for me) I didn't see or hear one person blaming CJ Stroud for any loss this season. When the offense sputtered against Michigan, the gripes were on the play calling and coaching, not Stroud.

The only thing Stroud got criticized for was his refusal to scramble and even that was light for the most part.

Not on Twitter, but my family (both immediate and extended) is made up of a bunch of die hard Ohio State fans, I'm on here, and peruse the 11warriors forums (don't post bc too much blatant homerism for me) I didn't see or hear one person blaming CJ Stroud for any loss this season. When the offense sputtered against Michigan, the gripes were on the play calling and coaching, not Stroud.

The only thing Stroud got criticized for was his refusal to scramble and even that was light for the most part.
This is all I've heard about him, but it was harsh at times - and rightly so. You could argue it cost us in some big games.

There wasn't a ton Stroud could do against UM (other than use his legs). Michigan had OSU's receivers well covered all day. It also took an amazing effort from Sainristil to break up a TD to Stover in the 2nd half.

It was awesome.
Crying-OSU-FAN-Gif.gif

Last edited:
There wasn't a ton Stroud could do against UM (other than use his legs). Michigan had OSU's receivers well covered all day. It also took an amazing effort from Sainristil to break up a TD to Stover in the 2nd half.
He completed 65% of his passes for 349 yards and 2 TDs. If you watch his first INT, it was his own fault for holding the ball to long, as he had X wide open for a solid 3 seconds near the first down line but he waited until the pocked caved before trying to throw it and got hit so it went right to a michigan defender instead. There was a ton he did that game and a ton more he could've done.

He completed 65% of his passes for 349 yards and 2 TDs. If you watch his first INT, it was his own fault for holding the ball to long, as he had X wide open for a solid 3 seconds near the first down line but he waited until the pocked caved before trying to throw it and got hit so it went right to a michigan defender instead. There was a ton he did that game and a ton more he could've done.
Yeah I get it.. You gotta expect your guy who is a returning starter and that is one of the favorites to win the Heisman to put the team on his back and get it done.

I get people who see that and think that side of the fanbase delusional.. that it's too much.. But we have all seen players that have done that.. which is why i love Bryce Young.. he too lost a championship and lost two games last season in the regular season but he carried those teams as far as he could..

Yeah I get it.. You gotta expect your guy who is a returning starter and that is one of the favorites to win the Heisman to put the team on his back and get it done.

I get people who see that and think that side of the fanbase delusional.. that it's too much.. But we have all seen players that have done that.. which is why i love Bryce Young.. he too lost a championship and lost two games last season in the regular season but he carried those teams as far as he could..
There were many things wrong when we played michigan, and Stroud bears some of that responsibility but definitely not that much. Not sure which game navamind was watching but Stroud shredded michigan for the entire first half - 17/25 for nearly 200 yards and 2 TDs. Second half was a different story but he had some good plays and should have had more.

When you prove yourself to be an elite QB, expectations become unrealistic. That's just the nature of the game, and team sports in general.

Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron and Jacob Coker>>>Bryce Young