4-cyl Turbo Ford Ranger

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
friend of mine said something about how she just bought a hybrid Volvo and that got me thinking about hybrid pickups...

so I went looking without any luck.

however there is a 4-cyl turbo Ford Ranger and it doesn't look half bad.

anyone have any opinions there?

1609872746436.png

I will never understand the purpose of a short box on a pickup.

What do you want to use it for?
drive it.

I don't tow all that often, so I don't need something with a huge amount of torque.

I currently drive a 6-cyl Tacoma double cab

friend of mine said something about how she just bought a hybrid Volvo and that got me thinking about hybrid pickups...

so I went looking without any luck.

however there is a 4-cyl turbo Ford Ranger and it doesn't look half bad.

anyone have any opinions there?

View attachment 16007
I don’t find this unappealing. If you just want a truck to have a truck this can do the trick.

If you’re hauling or towing I would check the figures out well. I can’t see a turbo I-4 being able to do much.

I don’t find this unappealing. If you just want a truck to have a truck this can do the trick.

If you’re hauling or towing I would check the figures out well. I can’t see a turbo I-4 being able to do much.
I have never and don't really ever plan on getting a 5th wheel or anything huge like that. This will be able to tow smaller boats, trailers, and campers, which is all I would need it for.

my penis is also plenty big enough that I don't need to offset it with a bigger truck.

Towing or hauling
it can still do that.

depends on what you are towing or hauling though.

like I said, I am not looking for something to pull a 5th wheel

I have never and don't really ever plan on getting a 5th wheel or anything huge like that. This will be able to tow smaller boats, trailers, and campers, which is all I would need it for.

my penis is also plenty big enough that I don't need to offset it with a bigger truck.
Then this sounds like a pretty good truck.

I haven’t had a truck in forever, but the engine reminds me...I’ve had a litany of 3.8L V-6 GMs over time, but went with a Jetta last time with a 1.8L Turbo.....and the Jetta hauls ass so much better.

Displacement isn’t such a big thing anymore. I’m sure that Ranger will tow a boat or what have you just fine.

It’s not a horrid looking truck. Ford has been making appealing vehicles lately IMO.

it can still do that.

depends on what you are towing or hauling though.

like I said, I am not looking for something to pull a 5th wheel
If you’re looking for a work truck, this isn’t likely what you need. If you need a truck that is basically a car that can sometimes be used for truck purposes, this would be fine. That’s why I asked how you intended to use it.

If you’re looking for a work truck, this isn’t likely what you need. If you need a truck that is basically a car that can sometimes be used for truck purposes, this would be fine. That’s why I asked how you intended to use it.
more the latter.

if I were getting a work truck, I would not be looking in this direction at all.

although, the 6-cyl F150 with the turbo is pretty enticing as well.

I guess my question is "does a turbo make up for those two missing cylinders?"

I hada 4-cyl S10 in college that sucked ass...I don't want to experience that again.

Honestly, what's the point? The more power and cargo space that get removed, the more it just becomes an El Camino.