40 Year NFL Salary Cap Draft : CHIT-CHAT

Game manager/System quarterback

Remember even Garoppolo looked good in that system.

But I like Purdy, the Niners are probably the best team in the NFL and he gets some love for that!
Garoppolo was trash compared to Purdys accuracy. System and surrounding cast though is super important but I think he’s our best QB s easily since Garcia. And he’s closing that gap fast imo.

Garoppolo was trash compared to Purdys accuracy. System and surrounding cast though is super important but I think he’s our best QB s easily since Garcia. And he’s closing that gap fast imo.

McCaffrey makes his life a lot easier as he would any quarterback. Purdy has started 18 games I think i'd temper my expectations a little here. He was Mr. Irrelevant for a reason. I do like how you attacked when I suggested anything other than "Stud"!

McCaffrey makes his life a lot easier as he would any quarterback. Purdy has started 18 games I think i'd temper my expectations a little here. He was Mr. Irrelevant for a reason. I do like how you attacked when I suggested anything other than "Stud"!
you and I have very different definitions of attack lol. I said his supporting cast and system was important. Also said Garapolo was trash which I don’t think is a very hot take, considering he got benched this year. I was saying his accuracy and what he does in the system makes him more than a game manager.

Also said Garapolo was trash which I don’t think is a very hot take, considering he got benched this year.

That really doesn't have anything to do with what I said. Him being benched by the Raiders changes nothing about his time in San Francisco. Niners fans loved Jimmy at one point and look how that ended up, all I said was temper your expectations.

I did also say he deserves some love for the teams success.

Well, Troy got a 100 for his one word reply, I got nothing for giving what you asked of us. Felt like an attack! lolzzz

I don't like the Niners so I hope he falls on his face in the playoffs, okay that's not true, if he's playing anyone other than Detroit I hope he lights them up if it's Detroit I hope he throws 5 interceptions and they lose by 30!

EDIT... You have to remember i'm a Vikings fan and have been for literally 50 years so i'm used to things not working out, you as a 49ers fan don't honestly know heartbreak, you may think you do but ya don't. Five Super Bowl victories is always there, nobody can take them away. So forgive me if I seem to be a little pessimistic.

Last edited:
Hey fellas, @Handicappers is mad at me for the first two rounds of this draft! :beer2:

He has the best supporting cast in football BUT he is the favorite to win MVP. Very accurate arm and pretty calm and collected. I did get to watch him vs arguably the best defense in football (at the time) and they rattled him. I want to see him in a big atmosphere in the playoffs for him win me over totally but the kid looks to have a bright future. MVP frontrunner but CMac is right there too. I think if it came down to both Niners they give it to Purdy though

Dak fell behind after this week but not out of it.

IMO, Purdy's has a great, great year, but he's second in MVP on the team to CMC. McCaffrey is such an explosive weapon and his value to the team is ridiculous. He's threatening Rice's single season TD record with the Niners. He's got 300 more rushing yards right now than the 2nd place guy. He has the same amount of receiving touchdowns as AJ Brown, Keenan Allen and JaMarr Chase.

I don't think Purdy is an Elite QB at the moment. I think there are solidly 4 quarterbacks that you would easily take over him if given the opportunity in an open draft: Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen and Burrow. After that I think he's now in the tier where there is a conversation to be had: Herbert, Tua, Lamar, Dak, and Hurts. I probably also have recent bias in Hurts, he probably should be in that top 5.

IMO, Purdy's has a great, great year, but he's second in MVP on the team to CMC. McCaffrey is such an explosive weapon and his value to the team is ridiculous. He's threatening Rice's single season TD record with the Niners. He's got 300 more rushing yards right now than the 2nd place guy. He has the same amount of receiving touchdowns as AJ Brown, Keenan Allen and JaMarr Chase.

I don't think Purdy is an Elite QB at the moment. I think there are solidly 4 quarterbacks that you would easily take over him if given the opportunity in an open draft: Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen and Burrow. After that I think he's now in the tier where there is a conversation to be had: Herbert, Tua, Lamar, Dak, and Hurts. I probably also have recent bias in Hurts, he probably should be in that top 5.
Agree, I would give it to Cmac. This is the year CMac or Hill could win it imo.

Also, I believe Herbert is so overrated. Not a big fan but that's just my opinion.

Ugh I wanted Easley. My Drafts in here don’t officially start until that jerk Femur starts snipin me
Well, you and Sushi just got me back, so you have that going for you.

Well, you and Sushi just got me back, so you have that going for you.
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN