5* QB Dante Moore Decommits From Oregon, Commits To UCLA.

Does any college really consistently develop starting NFL QBs?

It's a hard one because there are only 32 given jobs for that position in any given year.
I don't know but Lincoln Riley currently has 3 starting quarterbacks in the NFL and will soon have a 4th.

It's a hard one because there are only 32 given jobs for that position in any given year.
Oklahoma. They aren't great but they are starting or have this year:

Mayfield
Murry
Hurts

I'll say this Tua and Hurts both are having great years.

Mac Jones not so much.

I'll say this Tua and Hurts both are having great years.

Mac Jones not so much.
Losing McDaniels as his OC seems to have set back Jones.

Michigan does. We have the #1 pick in the USFL draft Shea Patterson. How that doesn't have QB's falling over each other to sign with UM is beyond me.

Oklahoma gets maybe 1/3rd credit for Hurts. He played 3 years at Bama and 1 at OU
Yeah but Riley really made Hurts the passer that he is now. Hurts never would have finished 2nd in the Heisman had he never came to Oklahoma. Hurts could win the MVP this year.

sucks but kinda saw it coming after the visit
I dont think Bo coming back had a lot to do with it but probably didnt help.
there were some rumors of Hudson Card a 4* who was at Texas transferring to Oregon because of the new OC. he was Cards OC in HS.
that of course was also floated before Bo said he was coming back.

You have to prioritize next season. Especially when you consider how many of these kids end up in the portal anyways. If that's what drove Moore away, so be it.

You have to prioritize next season. Especially when you consider how many of these kids end up in the portal anyways. If that's what drove Moore away, so be it.

It's definitely a big time "win now" environment. You can't afford to wait 2 maybe even 3 years for a recruit to maybe come into his own. You have to stick with the guy who has the best chance to win now (Nix in Oregon's case) even if it costs you the recruit. Nix isnt the greatest thing ever, but you know what you have with him, even if the recruit is highly highly rated like Moore, you never know how that's actually going to translate to the college field his first year.

Yeah but Riley really made Hurts the passer that he is now. Hurts never would have finished 2nd in the Heisman had he never came to Oklahoma. Hurts could win the MVP this year.
I'm not really sure of that. I think it had a lot to do with the style of offense and quality of defenses he was facing in the Big 12 compared to the SEC.

I mean -- Hurts also ran for 400 yards more than any season in the SEC and ran for 20 tds in 14 games at OU, compared to 22 tds in 42 games at Bama. So did Riley make him the runner he is now too?

I agree -- unless Oregon has another 5 star QB waiting to sign in 2024 -- I'd have told Nix, thanks but no thanks. We will go with Moore next year. He is going to be a stud in college. I've got to watch him play a half dozen times in high school. He isn't asked to throw it all over the field, as he plays for a team who overpowers most teams they play. But in the games they do have him throw -- he is so good -- I don't know the exact numbers from the state finals game this year, but he was like 22-25 for 300 and 4 tds. 2 of the 3 incompletions hit the receivers between the numbers and were dropped.

I agree -- unless Oregon has another 5 star QB waiting to sign in 2024 -- I'd have told Nix, thanks but no thanks. We will go with Moore next year. He is going to be a stud in college. I've got to watch him play a half dozen times in high school. He isn't asked to throw it all over the field, as he plays for a team who overpowers most teams they play. But in the games they do have him throw -- he is so good -- I don't know the exact numbers from the state finals game this year, but he was like 22-25 for 300 and 4 tds. 2 of the 3 incompletions hit the receivers between the numbers and were dropped.

That’s silly. You never know how an 18 year old will do at the next level. You aren’t telling a productive starter to leave and hope some HS kid works out. There’s too many busts to go down that road

That’s silly. You never know how an 18 year old will do at the next level. You aren’t telling a productive starter to leave and hope some HS kid works out. There’s too many busts to go down that road
Once you see Dante Moore play -- I guarantee you think different. There are only a select few players who are 5 star QBs and I agree -- you do have some that don't pan out. But Oregon isn't winning anything with Bo Nix at QB, so bringing him back for another year isn't helping them in the least bit, especially if it means they are losing out a top 10 recruit nationally, who could be your QB the next 3 years.

I think he is going to be a beast in college. The kid was a 4 year starter at QB at one of the top schools in Detroit. Won multiple state titles and never looks rattled. He is one guy I was PISSED Michigan missed out on.

Once you see Dante Moore play -- I guarantee you think different. There are only a select few players who are 5 star QBs and I agree -- you do have some that don't pan out. But Oregon isn't winning anything with Bo Nix at QB, so bringing him back for another year isn't helping them in the least bit, especially if it means they are losing out a top 10 recruit nationally, who could be your QB the next 3 years.

I think he is going to be a beast in college. The kid was a 4 year starter at QB at one of the top schools in Detroit. Won multiple state titles and never looks rattled. He is one guy I was PISSED Michigan missed out on.

I've seen a lot of QBs look amazing in HS and then either never do anything at all in college or take a couple years to finally adjust........

You always go with the "sure" thing if you have it, IMO.

The Ducks have 5 Star Ty Thompson as back up. He won elite camp awards and has the body and arm strength of a 5 star. He just hasn’t developed. However he has had 2 different coaches and schemes, hoping he sticks and turns the corner for 2024. Or the Ducks will have play the portal game like UO, UW & USC did this year.

I’ve seen too many busts to put my hopes on a 18 year old. Especially at QB. I like Moore but no chance I’m taking him over Nix for 2023

My favorite we had was Justin Zwick, he looked like the next coming in high school, then quickly crashed and burned at Ohio State. SO MANY PEOPLE had him written in as the big thing coming. Thankfully we had Troy Smith in the same class to end up picking up the slack though. Sometimes things just work out in the end.

Point being you never rely on the HS kid unless you absolutely have to. No matter how highly touted they may be.