After watching these Bowls

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Thank God, there is a 12 team playoff next year. Tired of watching teams missing their best players and announcers pretending it’s the same team that played during the season

I just want to watch good football, if it is 4 SEC or 4 BIg 10 I am good with that
Problem is.... you Think you're watching good football all year.... Till they play a good football team in the bowl :)

most of these games come down to who is playing. It’s become a battle of attrition from the portal/opt-outs
You can say that for any game.

The top 4 being conference champions needs to go, though.

Yeah get rid of these meaningless bowl games. Blah, blah, blah. By the way, just curious, and seriously, asking for a friend. If these bowls are meaningless, why practice for them?

Yeah get rid of these meaningless bowl games. Blah, blah, blah. By the way, just curious, and seriously, asking for a friend. If these bowls are meaningless, why practice for them?
Practice is extremely useful for the future of the program. The game is not that important. You could say that bowl season is similar to spring football. You get a couple of weeks of practice to develop your roster and at the end you play an exhibition game to reward the fans and kids. This is for the non-playoffs teams

Half the games in the 12 team playoff will still be blowouts. Just like half the games in the 4 team playoffs.

Practice is extremely useful for the future of the program. The game is not that important. You could say that bowl season is similar to spring football. You get a couple of weeks of practice to develop your roster and at the end you play an exhibition game to reward the fans and kids. This is for the non-playoffs teams
Yeah. I have heard that. I get that also. Practicing for a season that is 8 months away. Northwestern didn't make a bowl last season, therefore didn't get the extra practice, and they improved a good bit this season.

Yeah. I have heard that. I get that also. Practicing for a season that is 8 months away. Northwestern didn't make a bowl last season, therefore didn't get the extra practice, and they improved a good bit this season.
Not sure that makes much of a point. It’s a singular team. I am guessing if you ask a coach if he would like a couple extra weeks of practice, he would say hell yes. There is a reason there is spring and fall camp. Also keep in mind that the start of these practices are focused on the younger kids. They don’t get as much attention during the season.

Back