After watching these Bowls

The solution is just kill the bowls. Do a 24 team playoff or something.

Thinking of ways to punish players and programs is silly, the precedent is set, I agree with the post that commented on how gross it is for players who’ve opted out to be making the trip and hanging out on the sidelines, but that also shows just how normalized it is now. There’s no getting it back in the bottle.

Just accept college football has changed, even players think bowl games are meaningless. But I don’t see anyone ever opting out of the playoff bowls. So let’s nuke all the dated traditions that are lost on the modern time, keep expanding the playoff so the games are actually meaningful, and boom, I just solved college football.

You’re welcome America.

The solution is just kill the bowls. Do a 24 team playoff or something.

Thinking of ways to punish players and programs is silly, the precedent is set, I agree with the post that commented on how gross it is for players who’ve opted out to be making the trip and hanging out on the sidelines, but that also shows just how normalized it is now. There’s no getting it back in the bottle.

Just accept college football has changed, even players think bowl games are meaningless. But I don’t see anyone ever opting out of the playoff bowls. So let’s nuke all the dated traditions that are lost on the modern time, keep expanding the playoff so the games are actually meaningful, and boom, I just solved college football.

You’re welcome America.

If players want to be paid, I expect them to be fully committed. If they don't commit to the bowl, I don't think they should be fully paid.

If players want to be paid, I expect them to be fully committed. If they don't commit to the bowl, I don't think they should be fully paid.

That change will probably come when we end the charade of NIL and create contracts between the players and the school.

I like the idea of the more select P4 non-NY6 Bowls (Citrus, Sun, Gator, Las Vegas, Holiday, Liberty, etc.) being allowed to stage a game during Week 0 not counting against the 12 game schedule with a Winner-Loser payout. Plus, the smaller G5 Bowls (Birmingham, Camellia, Bahamas, Armed Forces, Albuquerque, etc.) can keep their games during the Holidays with Winner-Loser payouts. There would be no opt outs in the Week 0 games and very few in the G5 Holiday Bowls - especially with a Winner-Loser stipend.

You’d have more of a point if they were actually paid a salary directly from schools and not making money off their name. considering NIL had to be court ordered and legislated I doubt telling players they can’t collect based on decisions they make would go over well.

I say we go with my idea, it’s practical on every level and the only reason it doesn’t happen is all the money behind the bowl games no one wants anymore.

And when the final four are from the SEC? :beer2:
rankings would have fallen a little different with OK and TX in the SEC but even using them in the SEC still woulndt have happened.
first round games UGA plays Ole miss.
and that winner would play TX. in the semi
so 3 at most this year.

For every opt-out, a team should lose one win toward bowl-eligibility the following season. In other words, if you have 5 players opt out, you have to win 11 games to be bowl eligible the following season.

For every opt-out, a team should lose one win toward bowl-eligibility the following season. In other words, if you have 5 players opt out, you have to win 11 games to be bowl eligible the following season.

How is that deterring players from opting out? They obviously don't care about the school or their teammates anyway.
It seems schools have no ability to prevent players from opting out.

I had stated this on here quite awhile back. Someone said can’t do “play for pay”. Did that change?

NIL cannot be tied to 'performance', if that's what that means.

To put it literally..... You can never see the field but collect the $$.

NIL cannot be tied to 'performance', if that's what that means.

To put it literally..... You can never see the field but collect the $$.
It’s literally in the title “name/image/license”

They’re making money off their name, not playing. Unless something changes and universities are able to pay players for playing, suggesting they lose money for opting out just doesn’t work on any level.

My brother suggested that they require playing in bowl game to receive full NIL money.
Considering you can’t link playing at a school to NIL, that would be a good way to get Iowa on probation. It may help the offense though

It’s literally in the title “name/image/license

They’re making money off their name, not playing. Unless something changes and universities are able to pay players for playing, suggesting they lose money for opting out just doesn’t work on any level.

The 'L' stands for "Likeness".

The 'L' stands for "Likeness".
That doesnt change what he was saying. Likeness just means they cant make a shirt with a pic or posters without the player getting their cut

How is that deterring players from opting out? They obviously don't care about the school or their teammates anyway.
It seems schools have no ability to prevent players from opting out.
Their teammates will beat them to death. Next year, people won’t opt out.

It could be put into their NIL deals that they're expected to play in all bowl season games. All you could do is penalize them financially so top level draft picks would probably still have a good reason to opt out. But inevitably the solution is likely gonna be a further expanded playoff schedule.

But all teams don't have this issue equally. I think it's clear FSU players aren't big fans of FSU. That chant probably makes them want to put their fingers in their ears and scream too.

Back