AL Central Talk

That's the thing though, why do you think "it works"? It's certainly possible for a team to win a decent amount of the time while still leaving runs and wins on the table, no? The team was 6th in the AL in runs last season but there is no room for improvement?

Last season Gimenez batted in spots 1 through 4 a total of 6 times and not more than twice in the same spot.

Last season Rosario was driven in 37.9% of the time that he ran on the bases (I didn't know what to call Hits + BB + HBP - HR). For Gimenez the rate was just 26.1%. When a guy on your roster puts up a .371 OBP over 146 games and only scores 66 times I have got to think that you are not batting him in a very good position.

Last season #6 batters got about 65 fewer PAs than #2 batters over a full schedule, so it's not just the protection that would have an effect as well.

I don't like Rosario as the #2 hitter, guy is decent but he takes way too many bad swings at bad pitches. Totally agree it makes more sense to swap him and Gimenez.

Why can't Arias just bat higher at someone else's expense then? You can bat them both higher and still evaluate Arias.

Consistently batting a guy with a .371 OBP in front of the out machines that have been the catcher and Straw makes no sense. I don't see why he can't give Arias a chance and stop doing that at the same time.

Arias is a 6/7 type hitter. Has a little power could maybe be a consistent 15 or so HR guy but he's never been a big on base guy ever in his pro career.

Arias is a 6/7 type hitter. Has a little power could maybe be a consistent 15 or so HR guy but he's never been a big on base guy ever in his pro career.

Yeah I wasn't arguing for batting Arias higher, I was just saying that Gimenez's spot in the order shouldn't be affected by Arias's spot or take a backseat to it. Like I said, you can experiment with batting Arias anywhere in the lineup that you like and it doesn't/shouldn't force you to bat Gimenez in front of the catcher and Straw.

Yeah I wasn't arguing for batting Arias higher, I was just saying that Gimenez's spot in the order shouldn't be affected by Arias's spot or take a backseat to it. Like I said, you can experiment with batting Arias anywhere in the lineup that you like and it doesn't/shouldn't force you to bat Gimenez in front of the catcher and Straw.

Speaking of catchers I have no clue why we are carrying 3 on the active roster. Seems stupid. Not like any of them are anything special it’s Zunino and 2 bums

Speaking of catchers I have no clue why we are carrying 3 on the active roster. Seems stupid. Not like any of them are anything special it’s Zunino and 2 bums

If nothing else, Meibrys Viloria is an 80 grade name.

Really the 8 and 9 spots in the Guardians order are like sticking a broom handle in a turnstile. The progression just stops. I know that they like Straw's defense and that Zunino can punish a mistake but it really slows the offense down having a dead spot like that to kill the big inning. I'm starting to feel like Gimenez should just take his fielding glove to the plate to make the transition faster in case he reaches base :noidea: :laugh:

ka1ezccez4sa1.jpg

Hendriks finished his chemo

Straw and Zunino's hot starts are just the latest proof that I can reverse jinx the shit out of anyone. Who do you want to get hot at the plate? I can pretty much make it happen with just a single bad word :wink:

Bullpen and defense are off to a brutal start to the season.

Rosario flubs a routine play in the 9th that ended up costing us the game, and then quickly strikes out hacking at pitches out of the zone with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th to end the game

Bullpen and defense are off to a brutal start to the season.

Rosario flubs a routine play in the 9th that ended up costing us the game, and then quickly strikes out hacking at pitches out of the zone with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th to end the game

I didn't know what reaction to give this, a "like"? Maybe this is what the cheeseburger is for. But I feel for you. You know how much some of this simple stuff bugs me and I don't even cheer for them, i just have a selfish interest in Gimenez.

I didn't know what reaction to give this, a "like"? Maybe this is what the cheeseburger is for. But I feel for you. You know how much some of this simple stuff bugs me and I don't even cheer for them, i just have a selfish interest in Gimenez.

Our next 15 games are against bad teams, Nationals, Tigers, Marlins, Rockies & Red Sox. HOPEFULLY they can start to pull it together and get on track here. If not I might start to worry.

Rosario usually isn't this bad, he needs to pull his head out of his ass. The errors he are committing are just lazy plays on what should be relatively routine balls. And yes they need to stop hitting him #2. He seems to be even more hack happy at bad pitches this season.

Straw and Zunino's hot starts are just the latest proof that I can reverse jinx the shit out of anyone. Who do you want to get hot at the plate? I can pretty much make it happen with just a single bad word :wink:

Do the impossible

Nick Gordon.

Bell finally gets his average above .100 and he is back above Gimenez again. I bet if Naylor's BA falls below Bell's they will swap spots. But both will remain above Gimenez, of course.