Alec Baldwin killed crew member Halyna Hutchins on set of Rust

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
so someone swapped out the fake gun with a real one?

so someone swapped out the fake gun with a real one?
Only that one time on an episode of Columbo.

Blank guns are still dangerous.

Only that one time on an episode of Columbo.

Blank guns are still dangerous.
there is still a "bullet" in the chamber, right? Does it fracture when fired, with the pieces ejected from the barrel?

there is still a "bullet" in the chamber, right? Does it fracture when fired, with the pieces ejected from the barrel?
I'm no where near an expert on blanks but I think it's mainly the concussive force from the barrel. I think a blank is just gun powder. I guess it's possible for part of the cartridge to break away and go out the barrel with the blast.

I'm no where near an expert on blanks but I think it's mainly the concussive force from the barrel. I think a blank is just gun powder. I guess it's possible for part of the cartridge to break away and go out the barrel with the blast.
You still have wadding in blanks that is a safety issue at point blank range.

There is still a cap or plug of some sort in the bullet. Then there is no powder but a primer is still there to make the gunfire noise. In some blanks, not sure here, where the gun used is a revolver it is an actual bullet in the casing since you can see it. I think that is what happened with Brandon on The Crow. The real bullet-blank was fired and the bullet was pushed into the barrel. Then later a blank without a bullet was fired which propelled the actual bullet out. Crazy freak accident, not sure this situation. I don't care for Alec but this has got to suck as he will live with that forever knowing even if it wasn't intentional.

There is still a cap or plug of some sort in the bullet. Then there is no powder but a primer is still there to make the gunfire noise. In some blanks, not sure here, where the gun used is a revolver it is an actual bullet in the casing since you can see it. I think that is what happened with Brandon on The Crow. The real bullet-blank was fired and the bullet was pushed into the barrel. Then later a blank without a bullet was fired which propelled the actual bullet out. Crazy freak accident, not sure this situation. I don't care for Alec but this has got to suck as he will live with that forever knowing even if it wasn't intentional.
I think the movie is a western, so I imagine it was a revolver being used.

and yea, even though it wasn't his fault, that is going to eat at him.

I think saying "Alec Baldwin killed" someone is wrong.

a woman died in an accident.

bottom line, OP is a moron.

I think saying "Alec Baldwin killed" someone is wrong.

a woman died in an accident.

bottom line, OP is a moron.
Bottom line is Baldwin killed someone with a gun.

Do drunk drivers kill people? I mean it was an accident ...
can fault be placed on the drunk driver?

if so, yes.

can fault be placed on Baldwin here?

if so, yes.

He pulled the trigger. He didn't rig the weapon. To me this is a distinction without difference situation. Did he technically kill her? Yes. Is he in any way at fault other than being the scripted person who was to fire that gun at that time? No.

He pulled the trigger. He didn't rig the weapon. To me this is a distinction without difference situation. Did he technically kill her? Yes. Is he in any way at fault other than being the scripted person who was to fire that gun at that time? No.
I'd say the faulty prop gun killed her

kind of like it says in the article's title

I'd say the faulty prop gun killed her

kind of like it says in the article's title
again, difference without distinction. A car is what kills someone in a drunk driving accident. But it isn't autonomous so someone had to initiate the accident. same here.

if so, yes.

It depends(*EDIT- talking about the prop gun only, not drunk drivers). There are strict safety guidelines for prop guns. Either this is some sort of act of God accident or safety precautions were not followed. I am not faulting Baldwin pending results from an investigation but someone probably screwed up and likely the built in safety redundancies were not followed.