Alec Baldwin killed crew member Halyna Hutchins on set of Rust

again, difference without distinction. A car is what kills someone in a drunk driving accident. But it isn't autonomous so someone had to initiate the accident. same here.
again, I'd say the accident killed them, not the car specifically.

It depends. There are strict safety guidelines for prop guns. Either this is some sort of act of God accident or safety precautions were not followed. I am not faulting Baldwin pending results from an investigation but someone probably screwed up and likely the built in safety redundancies were not followed.
Oh yeah, with any accident like this it is a long string of things lining up just perfect. It isn't any one person most likely, certainly not Alec, to bear the blame. If there were accident investigation reports like the NTSB does with plane crashes it would be interesting to read this one. Instead it will probably be a book at some point that spells out all the things that had to go exactly wrong at the wrong time to have this accident happen.

again, I'd say the accident killed them, not the car specifically.
right, but as a society there has to be someone held accountable.

It depends(*EDIT- talking about the prop gun only, not drunk drivers). There are strict safety guidelines for prop guns. Either this is some sort of act of God accident or safety precautions were not followed. I am not faulting Baldwin pending results from an investigation but someone probably screwed up and likely the built in safety redundancies were not followed.
NPR said something about some strikes or issues on set about overworking or something...I haven't looked for more on that though

NPR said something about some strikes or issues on set about overworking or something...I haven't looked for more on that though
There was about to be a big strike on the sets at Hollywood but it was averted. Maybe this was some sabotage done in advance and someone forgot to undo it? Not sure, that's pretty far out there in the conspiracy world. I think it was just a freak accident.

I never said it wasn't an accident. I just said it's ironic that an anti-gun activist killed somebody with a gun.

There was about to be a big strike on the sets at Hollywood but it was averted. Maybe this was some sabotage done in advance and someone forgot to undo it? Not sure, that's pretty far out there in the conspiracy world. I think it was just a freak accident.
I agree

Oh yeah, with any accident like this it is a long string of things lining up just perfect. It isn't any one person most likely, certainly not Alec, to bear the blame. If there were accident investigation reports like the NTSB does with plane crashes it would be interesting to read this one. Instead it will probably be a book at some point that spells out all the things that had to go exactly wrong at the wrong time to have this accident happen.
AND
Any time you see a loss of life scenario play out in any industry, it is a series of events that could have been prevented by just any one person acting within safety norms/guidelines. I have been on tiger teams doing root cause analysis on industrial loss of life incidents and they are never pretty because the smallest detail overlooked/ignored can fester for years leading up to a major event.

@ill IF NPR is correct even in a minor way then I argue that everyone from the actors, crew, props department, director and producers are responsible for allowing unsafe practices to continue just to make a deadline.

Assuming it was a projectile flying out of the barrel, how is it that the cinematographer and director were hit and not another actor?

Assuming it was a projectile flying out of the barrel, how is it that the cinematographer and assistant director were hit and not another actor?
was wondering that too...unless he was firing into the camera for a shot

IF NPR is correct even in a minor way then I argue that everyone from the actors, crew, props department, director and producers are responsible for allowing unsafe practices to continue just to make a deadline.
Agreed.

Assuming it was a projectile flying out of the barrel, how is it that the cinematographer and director were hit and not another actor?
Maybe it was a scene where the shooter is "aiming at the target" in perspective. Or maybe he picked it up and it went off early. Lots of questions still to sort through.

anti NRA, which is a little different, IMO
Also, I have read that there were live rounds in that prop gun. Everyone involved fucked up, especially the person with the gun that either did not check the rounds before loading it or was too incompetent to tell the difference.

anti NRA, which is a little different, IMO
He's anti-2nd. can't get more anti-gun than that. Alec is far left, not really in question that he is against guns.

He's anti-2nd. can't get more anti-gun than that. Alec is far left, not really in question that he is against guns.

sounds like he wants better gun control to me...not necessarily against guns

but regardless, there is a bit of irony there.

I doubt he ever uses a gun on set ever again

sounds like he wants better gun control to me...not necessarily against guns

but regardless, there is a bit of irony there.

I doubt he ever uses a gun on set ever again
Huh? The 2nd is about nothing but the right to own firearms. If you want to "rethink" the 2nd then you want to rethink the ability to own guns.

if he wants to limit the number of guns then he needs to be more clear and address that, not the law that makes it legal to own one.

And there is a lot of "irony" (really hypocrisy) in Hollywood over guns. Lots of actors and directors make millions using them, but rant and rail against them off set.

Huh? The 2nd is about nothing but the right to own firearms. If you want to "rethink" the 2nd then you want to rethink the ability to own guns.

if he wants to limit the number of guns then he needs to be more clear and address that, not the law that makes it legal to own one.
I disagree

you can rethink the 2nd without saying "all guns go bye bye"

his post doesn't go into detail, so I don't think we can really use it.

but I agree, he def wants more gun control