Alexa

what other...things... have you asked Alexa to do for you?
maywa denki robot GIF

I’ve seen Alexis’ whispering eye. Does that count. Mercedes’ too.

You guys welcome Amazon into your homes and let it listen to every word that's said.

wow
We turn it off when we discuss prepping logistics and emergency action plans. The goal is to create a sense of compliance with the corporate overlords so they won't see our resistance coming.

I use them mostly to control my lights, thermostat, sometimes the TV, alarm clock, etc. I can tell it "bedtime" at night and it will turn all of my lights off, adjust my thermostat, turn the TV off, set my alarm in the morning, and play white noise in the background.... Just as an example.

Spies have come along way. So helpful.

We turn it off when we discuss prepping logistics and emergency action plans. The goal is to create a sense of compliance with the corporate overlords so they won't see our resistance coming.

Good thing it comes with a long wire so when it inevitably turns on you and starts firing lasers you can just unplug it.

I use them mostly to control my lights, thermostat, sometimes the TV, alarm clock, etc. I can tell it "bedtime" at night and it will turn all of my lights off, adjust my thermostat, turn the TV off, set my alarm in the morning, and play white noise in the background.... Just as an example.
I've created a couple of routines incase I get hammered and crawl to bed, I can tell Alexa Goodnight and all the lights go off and my porch light comes on.

Right now I'm trying to create a routine where if Alexa senses any noise it will play music in my bluetooth speakers, the idea is I tell Alexa to play music and as I walk around my place the music follows me and lights come on and go off.

People that use this technology are asking for trouble.

Alexa who is Handicappers....

Someone who makes educated guess's and not someone who is handicapped.

*why does one sport a handicapped avatar when they aren't handicapped*

I've created a couple of routines incase I get hammered and crawl to bed, I can tell Alexa Goodnight and all the lights go off and my porch light comes on.

Right now I'm trying to create a routine where if Alexa senses any noise it will play music in my bluetooth speakers, the idea is I tell Alexa to play music and as I walk around my place the music follows me and lights come on and go off.
I dont use alexa really anymore, dumb bitch doesnt know how to listen, switched over to Nest products. I have routines for turning on my porch light at sunset and off at sunrise, i have ones that turn the lights on in the kids rooms when it is time to get up for school and i have it so it turns on my garage light when i open the garage door and i have it so it turns off closet lights cuz my wife loves leaving it on same with the daughter they are both terrible at leaving closet lights on. we retired alexa to being in bathrooms only for music en sech.

Reactions: Fog
Oh and for the record since google doesnt have a name my wife refers to her as Lola

I dont use alexa really anymore, dumb bitch doesnt know how to listen, switched over to Nest products. I have routines for turning on my porch light at sunset and off at sunrise, i have ones that turn the lights on in the kids rooms when it is time to get up for school and i have it so it turns on my garage light when i open the garage door and i have it so it turns off closet lights cuz my wife loves leaving it on same with the daughter they are both terrible at leaving closet lights on. we retired alexa to being in bathrooms only for music en sech.
I made it simple for my girlfriend....

Alexa do your shit.....

Alexa wake me up at 5:30 bitch....

But I hear what you're saying Alexa can be dumb like @jvett77

I made it simple for my girlfriend....

Alexa do your shit.....

Alexa wake me up at 5:30 bitch....

But I hear what you're saying Alexa can be dumb like @jvett77
Well what lead the charge in swapping over was when we bought our new house first thing I did was switch lights over to being smart and also installed under cabinet led strips and she wouldn't listen half the time or if I messed with them in their native app then tried voice commands she went full tard. Just happened with one set of lights we got a free nest mini so started playing with it and she was rock solid. So we swapped out doorbells got the nest thermostat nest security cameras nest hubs the whole nine, almost never touch a switch anymore. And she remembers to turn off the kids TV's on school nights too.

Oh and I love sleeping with white noise but I love falling asleep to tv but I can't hear the tv as well with the noise fan on so I have it set to turn on after I'm sleeping it's all rockstar and I feel like I'm always finding something new

Rent free, tubby. GFY

I'm thinking our fellow posters need to create a Go Fund Me for you and get you a new wheel chair like you have in your avatar....

If not

Why sport a HANDICAP avatar if you're not handicapped?

Lame

My buddy asked Alexa how big her boobs were and the reply was "That's not very nice."

Laughed my ass off at him getting yelled at by a robot.

My buddy asked Alexa how big her boobs were and the reply was "That's not very nice."

Laughed my ass off at him getting yelled at by a robot.
Both her and Siri don’t like being called stupid bitchass cuntface motherfuckers for some reason either. Very sensitive little hoes.

Who’da thunk? :noidea:

have you ever turned on whisper mode on your Alexa and then whispered a question to it?

it responds in a whisper (duh) but it is the creepiest thing ever