All tackles lead with the head

Here’s one with eyes and head up... oh look... it’s helmet to helmet contact... the precise thing one wants to avoid. Hmmmm. Funny that.

Attachments

• 1F27F662-1646-4F02-9B3B-C8A210291514.jpeg
    1F27F662-1646-4F02-9B3B-C8A210291514.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 0
Front page google images. More...

Attachments

• 2C699B11-4004-4F35-ACBB-9C747DDB38F3.jpeg
    2C699B11-4004-4F35-ACBB-9C747DDB38F3.jpeg
    645.7 KB · Views: 1
Weird how adding pics and links are suddenly disabled. Anyone else experiencing this? Lol.

I just pasted a montage of the first page tackles from Google images. You see their eyes facing forward or down?
Congrats on finding glaring examples of guys doing it wrong.

Ryan Shazier would like to send you a muffin basket.

But what does the NFL know about football?

Heads Up Football®

Heads Up Football® is a comprehensive program developed by USA Football to advance player safety in the game of football.

Funded in part by the NFL Foundation, Heads Up Football is designed to change the culture around America’s favorite sport and enhance player safety at the youth and high school level. This comprehensive solution promotes coaching education, concussion recognition and response, heat preparedness and hydration, sudden cardiac arrest, proper equipment fitting and Heads Up Blocking and Tackling.

• Heads Up Tackling: USA Football’s Heads Up Tackling® is a step-by-step protocol to teach the core principles of the skill and sets a new standard in player safety. The program utilizes five fundamentals through a series of drills to reinforce proper tackling mechanics and teach players how to properly tackle with a focus on reducing helmet contact.
  • Heads Up Blocking: USA Football’s Heads Up Blocking helps coaches teach players how to properly engage with a defender, drive with the legs and maintain the correct body position for effective and safer play.

Herm Edwards is an idiot who knows nothing about tackling.

Congrats on finding glaring examples of guys doing it wrong.

Ryan Shazier would like to send you a muffin basket.

But what does the NFL know about football?

Heads Up Football®

Heads Up Football® is a comprehensive program developed by USA Football to advance player safety in the game of football.

Funded in part by the NFL Foundation, Heads Up Football is designed to change the culture around America’s favorite sport and enhance player safety at the youth and high school level. This comprehensive solution promotes coaching education, concussion recognition and response, heat preparedness and hydration, sudden cardiac arrest, proper equipment fitting and Heads Up Blocking and Tackling.

• Heads Up Tackling: USA Football’s Heads Up Tackling® is a step-by-step protocol to teach the core principles of the skill and sets a new standard in player safety. The program utilizes five fundamentals through a series of drills to reinforce proper tackling mechanics and teach players how to properly tackle with a focus on reducing helmet contact.
  • Heads Up Blocking: USA Football’s Heads Up Blocking helps coaches teach players how to properly engage with a defender, drive with the legs and maintain the correct body position for effective and safer play.

Glaring examples of doing it wrong?
It’s literally every tackle at every level of serious football ever. It’s literally *every pic you can find on tackling AND every tackle you’ve ever cheered.

Glaring examples of doing it wrong?
It’s literally every tackle at every level of serious football ever. It’s literally *every pic you can find on tackling AND every tackle you’ve ever cheered.
Hmm, message board loudmouth or NFL experts . . . tough call, but I'm going with the experts on this one.

Was it always this way? Nope. Jack Tatum was one of my favorite Buckeyes; Ryan Shazier another (even though when he went to Pukesburgh I could never root for him); those dudes used terrible tackling technique and it ended up tragically.

Every time I see a hit like the kid from Clemson put on Justin Fields my first thought is, I hope that kid can get up and walk.

Hmm, message board loudmouth or NFL experts . . . tough call, but I'm going with the experts on this one.

Was it always this way? Nope. Jack Tatum was one of my favorite Buckeyes; Ryan Shazier another (even though when he went to Pukesburgh I could never root for him); those dudes used terrible tackling technique and it ended up tragically.

Every time I see a hit like the kid from Clemson put on Justin Fields my first thought is, I hope that kid can get up and walk.

Pick a first round nfl playoff game. Any one.
We’ll look at all the form tackles in that game. I guarantee 95+% of the tackles, almost all of which won’t even be given a thought of being ILLEGAL or DIRTY, will be head first, eyes down.

You know how I know. EVERY SINGLE FORM TACKLE EVER HAS BEEN LIKE THAT.
Google images will show you. I have shown you. Logic tells you.

You can keep repeating pc phoniness, but it doesn’t change the fact that almost every single form tackle ever* in the history of football is head leads, eyes down

Pick a first round nfl playoff game. Any one.
We’ll look at all the form tackles in that game. I guarantee 95+% of the tackles, almost all of which won’t even be given a thought of being ILLEGAL or DIRTY, will be head first, eyes down.

You know how I know. EVERY SINGLE FORM TACKLE EVER HAS BEEN LIKE THAT.
Google images will show you. I have shown you. Logic tells you.

You can keep repeating pc phoniness, but it doesn’t change the fact that almost every single form tackle ever* in the history of football is head leads, eyes down
"Rulebook" wins.

Just more regular ass tackles, ones that YOU cheer, ones that didn’t get called for anything... only because the runner didn’t happen to shift or duck one way or another at the time of tackle.

Attachments

• 318D0552-781A-45C0-AC81-CC03398FBA04.jpeg
    318D0552-781A-45C0-AC81-CC03398FBA04.jpeg
    646.5 KB · Views: 1
"Rulebook" wins.
Another obtuse retort from an obtuse mind.

Yes, the rule book wins. That’s literally what I’m arguing against.. the dumb rule. Thanks for keeping up a little, dunce.

Another obtuse retort from an obtuse mind.

Yes, the rule book wins. That’s literally what I’m arguing against.. the dumb rule. Thanks for keeping up a little, dunce.
so you readily admit that it is illegal for a player to lower his head and tackle another player leading with the crown of his helmet?

so you readily admit that it is illegal for a player to lower his head and tackle another player leading with the crown of his helmet?
That’s literally what I’m arguing against this entire time, that rule. So, how would I say otherwise? God, you’re stupid.

That’s literally what I’m arguing against this entire time, that rule. So, how would I say otherwise? God, you’re stupid.
Actually, I consider myself rather intelligent. Perhaps your communication skills are lacking.

Nothing in any of your posts prior to my reference to the rulebook said anything of the kind.

WHen i tackle OP's moms pussy i lead with my head wink wink nudge nudge

Actually, I consider myself rather intelligent. Perhaps your communication skills are lacking.

Nothing in any of your posts prior to my reference to the rulebook said anything of the kind.
Wow. I’ve been arguing against this rule as stupid since before these forums were created, and you think that I might have thought that it wasn’t actually a rule?

How do you remember to breathe, you’re so stupid?

WHen i tackle OP's moms pussy i lead with my head wink wink nudge nudge
My mom died last year. She’s still tougher than you. :)

Wow. I’ve been arguing against this rule as stupid since before these forums were created, and you think that I might have thought that it wasn’t actually a rule?

How do you remember to breathe, you’re so stupid?
Good luck with your crusade to change the rule. Sincerely, I hope you succeed.