Poll Am I The Asshole Here?

Am I the asshole?

• You are an asshole, but right this time.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Yes family first even vampires and cuckholds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No GO LIONS!!

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • You do you

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • They owe you an apology even scheduling this shit

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Why do your parents hate you?

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Will there be potato salad at this party?

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 762.00
I’ll keep it short and simple. My sister left her husband. She’s already dating someone else. But my parents still do the family thing and still celebrate his bday which OF COURSE is this weekend and the party is OF COURSE at 3pm on the fucking dot as the Lions game kicks off.

Am I such a bad person for saying “No thanks” to this invite? Can I not watch the game in peace without others drinking and inevitably crying/fighting etc…etc…

I don’t feel guilty turning down this invitation to a bday party for a guy my bar star sister dumped for some other guy (who I’m assuming won’t also be there but who knows at this point) to watch my team in peace?

Be honest and consider the Lions can make the NFC championship with a W here.

I’ll keep it short and simple. My sister left her husband. She’s already dating someone else. But my parents still do the family thing and still celebrate his bday which OF COURSE is this weekend and the party is OF COURSE at 3pm on the fucking dot as the Lions game kicks off.

Am I such a bad person for saying “No thanks” to this invite? Can I not watch the game in peace without others drinking and inevitably crying/fighting etc…etc…

I don’t feel guilty turning down this invitation to a bday party for a guy my bar star sister dumped for some other guy (who I’m assuming won’t also be there but who knows at this point) to watch my team in peace?

Of course you are but it has nothing to do with this post.

Some clarifying questions:

1. Are there any kids as product(s) of this marriage?
2. You're calling your own sister a "bar star", so I'm guessing your opinion of her is also low?
3. Is the ex-bro also a big Lions fan?

giphy.gif

Some clarifying questions:

1. Are there any kids as product(s) of this marriage?
2. You're calling your own sister a "bar star", so I'm guessing your opinion of her is also low?
3. Is the ex-bro also a big Lions fan?

1. Yes.
2. Not a fan of the current situation. She works in a bar and met new guy in a bar.
3. Vikings fan

But the answer is no. I cussed my sister in law out in front of everyone for scheduling the wedding rehearsal during a Braves playoff game

But the answer is no. I cussed my sister in law out in front of everyone for scheduling the wedding rehearsal during a Braves playoff game

One time my former in-laws tried to schedule a visit from overseas to arrive at 3pm Super Bowl Sunday, and then spend 2 more hours clearing customs. I vigorously protested and got them to reschedule.

I think the important question here is, were you and he close at all? If not who gives a fuck, stay home and watch the game!