Poll Am I The Asshole Here?

Am I the asshole?

• You are an asshole, but right this time.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Yes family first even vampires and cuckholds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No GO LIONS!!

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • You do you

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • They owe you an apology even scheduling this shit

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Why do your parents hate you?

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Will there be potato salad at this party?

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters
1. Yes.
2. Not a fan of the current situation. She works in a bar and met new guy in a bar.
3. Vikings fan
1. Well, consider your parents and be cordial then. It's their grandchild(ren) and they have to deal with the guy more than you do.
2. I'll need to see a photo to make a ruling.
3. Fuck 'im then. He can Skol his own damn birthday.

I’ll keep it short and simple. My sister left her husband. She’s already dating someone else. But my parents still do the family thing and still celebrate his bday which OF COURSE is this weekend and the party is OF COURSE at 3pm on the fucking dot as the Lions game kicks off.

Am I such a bad person for saying “No thanks” to this invite? Can I not watch the game in peace without others drinking and inevitably crying/fighting etc…etc…

I don’t feel guilty turning down this invitation to a bday party for a guy my bar star sister dumped for some other guy (who I’m assuming won’t also be there but who knows at this point) to watch my team in peace?

Be honest and consider the Lions can make the NFC championship with a W here.
Just send them this and tell them you have COVID.

1705612721175.png

It's ridiculous.
Tell your parents to fuck off with their control shit.

No
I'm not participating in their world.

I'll buy the guy a beer or something another time

But the answer is no. I cussed my sister in law out in front of everyone for scheduling the wedding rehearsal during a Braves playoff game
Who dafuq does that?

Had a friend back in Tennessee whose fiancé tried to schedule their wedding the same day as TN vs FL in Knoxville and wondered why hardly anyone RSVPd.

is the party in a trailer park?

I’ll keep it short and simple. My sister left her husband. She’s already dating someone else. But my parents still do the family thing and still celebrate his bday which OF COURSE is this weekend and the party is OF COURSE at 3pm on the fucking dot as the Lions game kicks off.

Am I such a bad person for saying “No thanks” to this invite? Can I not watch the game in peace without others drinking and inevitably crying/fighting etc…etc…

I don’t feel guilty turning down this invitation to a bday party for a guy my bar star sister dumped for some other guy (who I’m assuming won’t also be there but who knows at this point) to watch my team in peace?

you absolutely did the right thing to turn down the invite. frankly, i find it a bit odd that your parents are still celebrating his birthday.

you absolutely did the right thing to turn down the invite. frankly, i find it a bit odd that your parents are still celebrating his birthday.

There is still a lot of blind optimism from my mom, despite the fact that my sister signed the divorce papers, dumped the kids on her and flew to Florida w the new guy for New Years. You would think that would be enough signs for someone that it’s over, but I guess not.

@RobBase, it's a bit creepy that your parents throw birthday parties for their adult offspring. Do they still shower with you too?
I assumed this was a milestone birthday, like his 30th or his first outside of prison or something.

With or without the game, fuck that shit.

If you have to pull out the playoff game from the back pocket go ahead.

100% fuck no. What is wrong with your entire family for keeping this shit on the calendar after last weekend? The minute that game was over, a group text should have gone out: “Hey Gary- we’re having dinner at Applebees on Tuesday to celebrate your 47th birthday. Take it or get fukt. Not by your STB ex-wife, obvi, but you know what we mean. GO LIONS!”

Despicable behavior :tsk:

100% fuck no. What is wrong with your entire family for keeping this shit on the calendar after last weekend? The minute that game was over, a group text should have gone out: “Hey Gary- we’re having dinner at Applebees on Tuesday to celebrate your 47th birthday. Take it or get fukt. Not by your STB ex-wife, obvi, but you know what we mean. GO LIONS!”

Despicable behavior :tsk:
So you are saying that traditions to come to an end? Well fuck me. Would you mind explaining that to my Wife's son. Pussy 21 year old can't get over Christmas isn't going to be like when he was 4

@RobBase you know I love you. You practically raised my kids when I was going through that whole "I'm sick of paying money for these kids and their shit" phase.

But you are like in the top 5 of HOF assholes

That being said, fuck people an their stupid traditions especially when it makes zero sense.

Your parents celebrate your sister’s ex husband’s birthday?

This year they are. I’m expecting a lot of muffled tears during “Happy Birthday” which honesty would just piss me off trying to watch the game.

Just tell them someone gave you a ticket to the game. Row 1 Seat 1 Couch Section

We had 17 people at the house for Thanksgiving and I don't believe I spoke cordially to anybody until the game ended.