AMC Theatres Will Now Charge Premium Prices Based on Seat Location

They already were on the slide among other theaters with better service. Compound that with theaters having an issue filling up anyways, and time to short AMC.

If they instead discounted the shitty seats that would be ok.

Basically this is just a price hike. If I don’t get a somewhat center seat, I don’t go. No way am I sitting up front or near the aisle.

More reason not to go to the theater anymore.

Basically this is just a price hike. If I don’t get a somewhat center seat, I don’t go. No way am I sitting up front or near the aisle.

More reason not to go to the theater anymore.
Yeah never understood people who pick those seats, especially when others are open. I assumed they were always just there before reservations and people bought tickets hoping to sit in better seats. But now that you can choose your seat, only a fool would sit that close.

They already were on the slide among other theaters with better service. Compound that with theaters having an issue filling up anyways, and time to short AMC.

If they instead discounted the shitty seats that would be ok.

Agree. Their pricing is backwards. Not long before they sell or file for bankruptcy.

I haven't been to a movie theater in years. The concession prices are ridiculous, there's always people who are moving around or talking out loud, and you can't drink alcohol or vape weed.

I haven't been to a movie theater in years. The concession prices are ridiculous, there's always people who are moving around or talking out loud, and you can't drink alcohol or vape weed.
I have not given a dime to the theater concessions in at least 30 years. Theaters don’t make their money on the ticket prices.

Yeah never understood people who pick those seats, especially when others are open. I assumed they were always just there before reservations and people bought tickets hoping to sit in better seats. But now that you can choose your seat, only a fool would sit that close.

You hurt your neck a bit down there but Obi Wan Kenobi threw me his towel once and it was so worth it :wink:

I loved taking my kids to the movie theater when they were younger. But the price of a ticket, the cost of some popcorn & 3 drinks got to be out of sight. So, I just wait for whatever movie to hit one of the multiple streaming services I pay for.

My 84" 4K (blah, blah, blah) TV, my sound system, my seats & my popcorn are better that the movies anyway!!!

We do.

Got them jizz covered leather power reclining loveseats at our theatres.
Yeah, you guys have theatres where you can eat and drink and all that. Haven't seen those around here but then again, I'm not looking. I don't see any adverts though so if they do exist, they're not trying very hard.

We had a place back in the 80's called "The Pitcher Show".... First time I had a beer & watched a movie!!!

Not a fan of the specific seat stuff.

I’d like to pick my seat once in theatre. Based off judging the people on how annoying they’re going to be.

Don’t remember having to select a seat Pre Covid. And don’t like that I’m required to now. Would not pay extra for anywhere. But do prefer very back row middle. Or outside the aisle, very back row. You never have to get up for anyone there.

Up front has always been for groups of kids and people that get there late.

Horrible spot to watch a movie imo.

I loved taking my kids to the movie theater when they were younger. But the price of a ticket, the cost of some popcorn & 3 drinks got to be out of sight. So, I just wait for whatever movie to hit one of the multiple streaming services I pay for.

My 84" 4K (blah, blah, blah) TV, my sound system, my seats & my popcorn are better that the movies anyway!!!
plus a pause button.

Not a fan of the specific seat stuff.

I’d like to pick my seat once in theatre. Based off judging the people on how annoying they’re going to be.

Don’t remember having to select a seat Pre Covid. And don’t like that I’m required to now. Would not pay extra for anywhere. But do prefer very back row middle. Or outside the aisle, very back row. You never have to get up for anyone there.
That's the beauty of pre-selecting your seat. I know that if I want all three of us to sit together, in the middle of the row in the middle of the auditorium I can get exactly that. Then I can show up 20 minutes after the movie start time and miss all the ads and most of the trailers and still get prime seating.

Bonus, more than once someone has moved to our seats thinking the lights were down and no one was in them. I'm a dick and love kicking people out of a seat I hold the ticket to. Airplane, movie, sporting event...you name it and I love to piss someone off by making them move.

That's the beauty of pre-selecting your seat. I know that if I want all three of us to sit together, in the middle of the row in the middle of the auditorium I can get exactly that. Then I can show up 20 minutes after the movie start time and miss all the ads and most of the trailers and still get prime seating.

Bonus, more than once someone has moved to our seats thinking the lights were down and no one was in them. I'm a dick and love kicking people out of a seat I hold the ticket to. Airplane, movie, sporting event...you name it and I love to piss someone off by making them move.
Last time we went, there were two other people in the theatre.

I can see the need on blockbuster opening weekends, but I’ve never been one to go to those. My coat always gets it own seat. I don’t want to be at a movie when sharing more than one arm rest.