AMC Theatres Will Now Charge Premium Prices Based on Seat Location

Last time we went, there were two other people in the theatre.

I can see the need on blockbuster opening weekends, but I’ve never been one to go to those. My coat always gets it own seat. I don’t want to be at a movie when sharing more than one arm rest.
I'd never pay to reserve one of the usual seats. All the reserved seating ones around here have your own recliner, the one we like to go to the most have probably only 30 seats in the entire theater. Since we also aren't opening weekend people it can just be us and about 6-10 other people normally. big comfy recliner, ok food, and ok drinks...not too bad and the kid gets some memories out of it.

Fully expect moviegoers to pay for the cheap seats, then just sit wherever. If someone comes along and says you're in their seat, you'll move along to another premium seat.

Unless you're going to a blockbuster on opening weekend, you'll be fine.

It's not like some minimum wage usher is going to push people around.

Yeah, you guys have theatres where you can eat and drink and all that. Haven't seen those around here but then again, I'm not looking. I don't see any adverts though so if they do exist, they're not trying very hard.
Only been to one full meal serve theater before and it sucked. Wait staff bringing food to people throughout the movie was annoying. You also sat at a table instead of a regular recliner/stadium seat. Wouldn’t recommend that level of movie experience.

@moxie be sure to buy plenty of AMC stock in light of this

Bonus, more than once someone has moved to our seats thinking the lights were down and no one was in them. I'm a dick and love kicking people out of a seat I hold the ticket to. Airplane, movie, sporting event...you name it and I love to piss someone off by making them move.
I only once have had an issue with someone while doing this and that was with Cardinals fans in St. Louis (shocking, I know).

They weren't even good seats we just bought the cheapest we could find. :laugh:

I just go from theater to theater and preview the movies, then get back to mine.
Tom Cruise What GIF

If I go to a theater, it's on a tuesday when the price is reasonable. So what if I cut out of work at 2pm on a Tuesday to catch a matinee...

I haven't stepped foot in a movie theater in over 3 years. I used to be a big movie attendee but honestly, it keeps becoming more and more of a pain and it's too easy to wait for the movies to come out on streaming. For the price of two tickets and concessions, I pretty much have paid for 3 months of one of the streaming services.

Back