AMC Theatres Will Now Charge Premium Prices Based on Seat Location

Yeah
Use to get there early and go preview other movies before mine started.

reminds me of the time I bought a ticket for Leonard VI when i was in middle school. we watched that crap for like 30 mins until Eddie Murphy Raw started so we all went and saw RAW

as a minor, I was unable to purchase tickets to the r rated show
Raw was good.

Not sure it was worth damning your soul to the depths of hell for all eternity, though.

But hey. You do you.

Movie theaters have come up with some weird ways of competing with the ever improving home entertainment set ups and same day steaming options lately...

Update based on personal experience now that I was roped into going to an AMC by friends who insisted on going to it since it was closer:

AMC's claim that "prices will average the same because some seats will be discounted" is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. That claim would only be true if the number of seats discounted equaled the number of seats bumped up in price.

However, at my local AMC, the ONLY seats that are discounted are the awful VERY FIRST ROW of seats, that put your face up against the screen so you have to turn your head back to look up the entire movie.

Meanwhile, half the seats in each room now count as "premium" seats and have gone up in price. Basically, in an average room, about 40% of the seats went up in price, about 50% stayed the same price, and only about 10% went down in price, so the overall price has increased. They also now have the ushers checking that you are in the seat it says on your ticket.

Raw was good.

Not sure it was worth damning your soul to the depths of hell for all eternity, though.

But hey. You do you.

happy eddie murphy GIF

Seems to me theaters should be doing anything they can to attract business right now. Honestly if I have the option of watching a new movie at home or in a theater, its home because its more comfortable. Theaters should be strategizing on improving the customer experience. This aint it

Seems to me theaters should be doing anything they can to attract business right now. Honestly if I have the option of watching a new movie at home or in a theater, its home because its more comfortable. Theaters should be strategizing on improving the customer experience. This aint it
Exactly. If I get hungry or need to piss at home, I can simply pause the movie and do what I need to do.