Anyone know about tractors?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 22,597.00
Looking at Kubota utility tractor. 25 HP is about all I need and it avoids the diesel exhaust fluid in the engine. Did the research on John Deere and it’s too much plastic and aluminum so the comp weighs about 600 lbs less.

Anyone know about Machindra?

We has any farmers here?

Can't go wrong with any of those, Mahindra/Kubota/JD. Personally JD are well made machines, my parents love theirs but I couldn't tell you the model they have right now. They are a bitch to work on and I'd never in a billion years own any of their yard equipment or smaller mowers. But for tractors they are pretty good.

My advice would be to see who has the best shop near you and go with that company. No matter what brand you go with, maintenance will be needed and you don't want to have to drive 3+ hours to drop it off.

Can't go wrong with any of those, Mahindra/Kubota/JD. Personally JD are well made machines, my parents love theirs but I couldn't tell you the model they have right now. They are a bitch to work on and I'd never in a billion years own any of their yard equipment or smaller mowers. But for tractors they are pretty good.

My advice would be to see who has the best shop near you and go with that company. No matter what brand you go with, maintenance will be needed and you don't want to have to drive 3+ hours to drop it off.

Yeah the JDs just seem like you’re paying for the name now days. Too much plastic and aluminum on the tractor I’m looking at compared to Kubota. 1980s or 90s Deere are stout. Current Kubotas seem to last long and are easy to work on as far as the reviews I’ve seen and according to my buddy who farms. And he has alot of JDs big and small. Even his dad said Kubota

Plus I would have 2 Kubota dealers within an hour

racing tractor GIF

Gonna use to blaze trails, move logs, big rocks, dirt, and level trails. Auger for fence posts

Yeah the JDs just seem like you’re paying for the name now days. Too much plastic and aluminum on the tractor I’m looking at compared to Kubota. 1980s or 90s Deere are stout. Current Kubotas seem to last long and are easy to work on as far as the reviews I’ve seen and according to my buddy who farms. And he has alot of JDs big and small. Even his dad said Kubota

Plus I would have 2 Kubota dealers within an hour
Sounds like you found your winner! :suds: I assume any PTO tools you need are also available, and if so what are you waiting for? Time to play!!!

Sounds like you found your winner! :beer2: I assume any PTO tools you need are also available, and if so what are you waiting for? Time to play!!!

Yeah gonna look this week. I wish I could find a 1980s or 90s Deere in good shape but you just don’t really know the history.

The accessories are endless with these bad boys

My Grandfather was behind his Ford tractor tending a field. I was in Middle School and so when the brake lifted on its own and pinned him up against a tree where he was hollering for help for over an hour. I finally heard him and ran down to him to get him out. Don't let that be you @SJ76.

My Grandfather was behind his Ford tractor tending a field. I was in Middle School and so when the brake lifted on its own and pinned him up against a tree where he was hollering for help for over an hour. I finally heard him and ran down to him to get him out. Don't let that be you @SJ76.

Always can count on you bro. Those old Ford 8n are tempting but yeah that doesn’t sound good.

What did he do with that tractor?

Gonna use to blaze trails,

Fine but remember this is a small tractor and it has many limitations. When cutting trails, brush is the worst due to the electric lines running underneath. Even small hydraulic lines are subject to damage. Try to always go forward when moving through brush. Backing up causes the sticks to shove up into the undercarriage and rip things up. Tires are subject to being punctured.

move logs,

Great tool for this.

big rocks,

Meh. I am always surprised how much a rock weighs. Any tractor in the 25 hp range will disappoint you when it comes to moving rocks.

Ok, but still very much limited. Same as rocks but generally the buckets are smaller so they are rated for the machine. But their primary job of a bucket on a 25hp machine is for the ladies to pick up sticks and dump them over there some place. This machine will work it's ass off, but shoving it into the sides of a hill to gather up top soil is not in this machines cards for a lifetime of use.

People like to load their tires and use counter balances to give the machine more more weight...more grip. Then you end up stressing hydraulic pumps and the pistons for the hydraulics can be torn up by overloading the machine and will be a major concern you will need to stay on top of. It's a small machine. Take small loads and only dig in soil already tilled and everything will be fine. It is not a backhoe.

and level trails.

It's not a dozer but works to a decent extent. The pistons to the hydraulics are the weakest link. This is not the job they were designed for. But they work .... just remember to go easy.

Auger for fence posts

Should work great. The cost of one has never been worth it for me. It would be cool to have around though. I've ended up renting one on the occasion I had a need. It was cheaper by far to rent than buying one for my tractor.

Have you considered a skid steer. It's more adapt for everything you've mentioned. The only drawback is the clearance is not great. But they are much stronger than a tractor. A tractor's real job is for plowing, disking, and harvesting fields. Farmers use them for all the things you mentioned, but that's because they already have one.

Last edited: