Anyone know about tractors?

Those tank track deals make for a real bumpy ride

Brand new they aren’t cheap. And they hold value. But you can find well maintained used ones for like 8k.

Only time I’ve ever been concerned with tipping is with wet sand in the bucket. That shit sticks and you can tip over. Which is exciting, but frightening.

They’re like $500 a weekend to rent here. Been checking, cuz I have some trees to move.

I learned on a 39 Ford. Open air, could do anything with it. But that PTO can and does kill. My cousin and her husband have it now and it scares me they let the kids use it like we did.

6 years zero down sounds like a great deal.

Only Kubota I’ve ever operated is a back hoe. Clunky af, but all back hoes prolly are.

39Ford is the 9n? Or 2n?

I’d love one but I want a flat field fo sho haha

I’ll look into the bobcat. 8k sounds awesome but yeah renting it sounds good too. Probably only need it for 5-6 days tops over the next 10 years I would think

39Ford is the 9n? Or 2n?

I’d love one but I want a flat field fo sho haha

I’ll look into the bobcat. 8k sounds awesome but yeah renting it sounds good too. Probably only need it for 5-6 days tops over the next 10 years I would think
I don’t know what series it was. Grandpa bought it used well before my dad was even born. Did everything on the farm with it other than reap and thresh and the other shit a combine does. Lol. Late 40’s to the early 90’s.

I only mention Bobcats because it sounds like you aren’t working ground. And I’ve spent more time in Bobcats than anything else when it comes to not fitting and working fields. Big fan. But like you said, I’m not using one in mountains.

I don’t know what series it was. Grandpa bought it used well before my dad was even born. Did everything on the farm with it other than reap and thresh and the other shit a combine does. Lol. Late 40’s to the early 90’s.

I only mention Bobcats because it sounds like you aren’t working ground. And I’ve spent more time in Bobcats than anything else when it comes to not fitting and working fields. Big fan. But like you said, I’m not using one in mountains.
I had some of my land thinned out — the pine trees. Helps the others grow. Still thick but I have lanes or paths so I’ve been running around in the SxS. Bumpy af. But I had a guy come in after with a skid steer and bring in small rock around where I build the cabin. But on top of that ridge is solid rock. Can’t dig with a shovel. But you go down a few hundred feet to the creek and it levels out to more soil sand and rock.

My farm buddy coming down tomorrow and all he does is farm and demo/drainage. Been playing with tractors his whole life. He’s all green JD but he knows his shit. Between a few friends and the heathens here imma figure something out to play with that won’t kick my ass

This is the best

C167F608-9110-4AF7-BDA6-8E9494703A7C.gif

I would love to find an old Ford 8n or 9n in good shape. Problem is I don’t think they were 4wd and on those hills of my property I would shat muh pants

Maybe that’s what I need. Is an old tractor project and throw some money to fix one. Haha

Basically I need a good starter tractor. I hate pissing money away. I can upgrade or go bigger when I grab more acreage that’s flat and I can plant something

I just know Kubotas hold their value and you can barely find used ones and if you do they are about as much as a new one
I am pretty sure the 8N and 9N only offered rwd. John Deere introduced a 4wd model in the early 60's but not sure how many of those are sitting around

I’d rent a couple of different things and test them on your property to see what you like the best. It’s worth the up front investment to get the best tool for that kind of money.

This Kubota l2501 is a bad boy for its size. Check it out

Sweet.
I had something similar a few years ago. Absolutely loved it.
Spring for the 4-wheel drive.
A 25 HP diesel is like having a 40 HP gas.
Get the front bucket.
Like others said, don't go nuts on rear implements. Rent them until your sure you'll use them alot.
And like someone else said, take small bites on the heavy work. Don't push it to the max all the time and don't lug the engine. Treated right, it'll probably outlast you.
I'd choose Kubota over Machindra and pay the premium.

That’s the one son!

So
What's the verdict

200.gif

So
What's the verdict

200.gif

As much as I want the older 1990s Deere, I’m going Kubota. Unless I can just find a deal. They are stout and I have a Kubota service center 20 minutes away from my land. Plus I can finance it over 6 years no interest.

Sweet.
I had something similar a few years ago. Absolutely loved it.
Spring for the 4-wheel drive.
A 25 HP diesel is like having a 40 HP gas.
Get the front bucket.
Like others said, don't go nuts on rear implements. Rent them until your sure you'll use them alot.
And like someone else said, take small bites on the heavy work. Don't push it to the max all the time and don't lug the engine. Treated right, it'll probably outlast you.
I'd choose Kubota over Machindra and pay the premium.

All this.

I wish I had property that had to have a tractor.

Baby Reaction GIF
Thinking about pulling out all my dough in an IRA and putting it towards more land. Before the 20-30% correction that’s coming.

Of course I always think the big correction is coming. Lol

Thinking about pulling out all my dough in an IRA and putting it towards more land. Before the 20-30% correction that’s coming.

Of course I always think the big correction is coming. Lol
You can actually do this and keep it in an IRA without taking a 10% penalty on early withdrawal.

Make sure you get professional advice on how to do it correctly and make sure if you earn income off the land it stays on the IRA.

You can actually do this and keep it in an IRA without taking a 10% penalty on early withdrawal.

Make sure you get professional advice on how to do it correctly and make sure if you earn income off the land it stays on the IRA.

So which one of you Heathens here is a professional? Hahahaha